She developed the Oyo Muhen Tenkai Hishou longsword technique inspired by many famous waterfalls.
It’s an invitation to cut away the summer heat with a refreshing tour of the waterfalls.
They were painted in the later years of Hokusai’s “Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji,” and encompass the entire set of eight images of famous landmarks. The titles of each are:
- “Kirifuri Waterfall at Kurokami Mountain in Shimotsuke”
- “Kiyotaki Kannon Waterfall at Sakanoshita on the Tōkaidō”
- “Waterfall at Aoi-ga-oka in the Eastern Capital”
- “Roben Waterfall at Mount Oyama”
- “The Waterfall where Yoshitsune Washed his Horse”
- “Yōrō Waterfall in Mino Province”
- “Ono Falls on the Kisokaido”
- “The Waterfall of Amida Behind the Kiso Road”