Also using the True Names Caren Cupid Hortensia (カレン・C・オルテンシア, Karen C Orutenshia?) and God Caren (ゴッドカレン?), she is a Pseudo-Servant of Amour, the God of Love in Roman mythology, in the body of Caren Hortensia. Due to Amour's power and Caren's personality matching each other, they were reborn as the perfect miraculous fusion divine spirit Caren-chan (according to her). Her Spiritual Core also possesses the aspect of Amour's Greek counterpart, ErosWP (エロース?).
Although Amour and Eros are generally considered to be counterparts of the same god of love, the fundamental difference is that Amour is a primordial deity while Eros was the result of the mythos being sublimated to be son of Venus/Aphrodite.
As a sacrifice, she was chosen to be a Servant for the side of humanity during the Human Order Incineration.
Caren's personality is the dominant one in Amour, causing her to inherit most of Caren's habits and personality. This includes her sadistic tendencies and greed, as well as her devotion towards the Holy Church.
Her words and actions are eccentric, but the foundation of it all is her "devotion to the world."
Valentine's Day 2021
In combat, Amour fights using a variety of tools, from shooting with a bow and arrows to wrapping up enemies in her Shroud of Valentinus.
- Item Construction (Rank A): A professional in the creation of tools which act on the heart, such as the "Arrow of Love".
She can make great numbers of wonderful items which can give you a push when you are feeling a little weak, as well as items which can make the human mind function better.
- Independent Action (Rank A): Caren C. Hortensia, also being a "Preacher of Love", serves not only her Master.
Under the will of God, with her mission to bring great amounts of love to people, she isn't bound by her Master's circumstances. FREEDOM.
- Masochistic Spiritualist Constitution (Rank EX): A constitution which allows daemons to possess one's body regardless of their will, like a phenomenon where demons are revived and accidentally incarnated.
Though susceptible to bad statuses such as poison, curse, and burn, Caren's attack power increases when she is afflicted by these.
From masochism to deplorable sadism. Nonetheless it's not something she can just aim for.
- Divine Core of the Goddess (Rank B): Originally the "Divinity" from Amor, due to the strong convictions of the girl chosen as the vessel, it became Divine Core of the Goddess.
For her, the only one who has acquired "Divinity" is the great Father.
- Steel Faith (Rank A): Caren's version of the Craft Essence "Steel Training".
The daughter of an albino woman, who was originally fated to die soon after birth, she grew up contrary to people's expectations.
The fact that she is alive in of itself is a miracle and proof that the "Lord's love" is real - she thinks.
Fear resistance, charm resistance, and Buster resistance are acquired as passive skills.
- Shroud of Valentinus (Rank A): Eros (sexual love)
Originally, Caren habitually used the Shroud of Magdalene, but now she uses the Shroud of Lovers.
The name Saint Valentinus seemed to be chosen to coincide with Chaldea's Valentine's Day.
- Golden Arrow (Rank A): Philia (neighborly love)
An angel's arrow that makes the heart of the person it pierces fill with amore. Forced.
"Love is always sudden, right?"
- Mana Burst (Love) (Rank A): Stroge (familial love) a.k.a. God Caren.
A super buff mustered for the sake of the one you love, for the one who you must protect, for only them. Truly amazing.
Caren was specifically not given a voice line for Angra Mainyu because the confession in Fate/hollow ataraxia was something that could only exist in those promised four days. Those shattered pieces of glass do not exist in Chaldea.