Anastasia Nikolaevna RomanovaWP (アナスタシア・ニコラエヴナ・ロマノヴァ, Anasutashia Nikoraevuna Romanova?) and ViyWP (ヴィイ?), Class Name Caster (キャスター, Kyasutā?), is a Caster-class Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. Another version was previously summoned by Kadoc Zemlupus in the Russian Lostbelt.
The True Name written upon the Caster Saint Graph is Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova, but it is later indicated to equally include both Anastasia and Viy. Their Archer summer variant possesses the True Name "Anastasia & Viy."
Anastasia was the fourth daughter of TsarWP Nikolai IIWP and AlexandraWP of the Imperial House of RomanovWP of Russia. Having ruled for around 300 years, Nikolai was the last Romanov to hold tsardom and Anastasia was the last imperial princess of the dynasty. Nikolai was a moderateWP ruler who raised his children with love, but, nurtured under the history of the Tsars, he was ignorant of the world and realities of Russia. Alexandra lived the idealistic life of a noblewoman. Anastasia was recorded as having being a rambunctious girl who would cause mischief climbing trees, but was also known to care for her sickly younger brother AlexeiWP. Since her childhood, she heard the voice of Viy, being the proper heir to the family's magecraft rather than her father.
Despite the moderate rule of Nikolai, the state of the world was in a tumultuous state. The glory of the position of Tsar was lowering due to their defeat in the Russo-Japanese WarWP and shooting incidentsWP upon the populace. Though they might have known ordinary peace had they not been an Imperial House, their era was that of a revolution. Due to the ongoing World War IWP causing mass famine, the frustrations of the populace reached a breaking point in 1917, leading to an incident in which a protest left citizens dead. Russian soldiers started a revolt, and the imperial guards sided with them despite martial law being declared in Moscow.
Nikolai abdicated after much uproar, causing the Imperial House to fall into disarray. The family was confined to house arrest, leaving little record of that time other than that they still employed servants. They originally may have had the chance to go into exile in Germany, her mother's birthplace, ending in a bloodless revolution. Due to her mother's reliance on the monk Grigori Rasputin, rumored to be having an affair with him, Alexandra's reputation was at its lowest at that time and made that impossible. In April of 1918, the new administrationWP feared that the Tsar may be reinstated into power by the force of the Czechoslovak LegionWP or White ArmyWP, so they decided to have the family executed. Despite wishing to hold an official trial, they felt the need to push things ahead due to the threat of the Tsar returning to power. Deciding to execute them in secret, the family and their servants were massacred through gunfire.
As Anastasia was dying, she contracted with Viy, not as a means to save her life, but as a means of killing those who wronged her. The soldiers stripped the clothes from her body, chopped her body into pieces, burned her to ash with gasoline, poured sulfuric acid over the bones, and buried the ashes in the ground. Retaining some sense of consciousness through Viy throughout the event, she cursed the soldiers such that they would never know peace, stating, "I am watching. Death is too good for you. No, you're going to live in fear for the rest of your lives. I, Viy, will always be watching you. I will forever pass judgment on your sins. I will forever see to your punishment. I will always, always be watching...until the day you die. Always, always, alwaaays!!!."
After the execution, there were rumors that Anastasia had managed to survive, including a girl claiming to have been Anastasia, but DNA tests performed on bones discovered decades later disproved such theories.
Anastasia is a beautiful girl, having long white hair and a fringe covering her icy blue eyes. She wears an ornate white gown and a white fur cape with gold designs and blue lining on. She is seen caressing a doll.
- Main article: Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova (Crypter)
Lostbelt 1: Anastasia
Interlude: A Despairing Past and a Hopeful Future
Interlude: Polar Ice Seal/The Drifting Soul is
Anastasia is a tragic figure, not a valiant one. Having no barbaric tales of heroism to her name, nor any stories of royalty gone mad, nothing she ever did should have let her become a Heroic Spirit. The only reason she can manifest as a Servant is that she once made a contract with Viy. Although similar to a Demonic Beast, Viy is an Elemental which allows Anastasia to manipulate ice and cold.
- Territory Creation (EX Rank): While she is summoned as a Servant, a diameter of a few meters around her functions as a Tsar territory. She can keep expanding this territory by combining this Skills with other Skills.
- Fairy Contract (A Rank): A contract with Viy, a fairy who lives in Russian lands. Fairies are invisible, but Viy, the fairy contracted to the Romanov Dynasty, is special. He can let third parties see him and even use his powers. Another interpretation is that Viy, being a product of literature, doesn’t actually qualify as fairy.
- Mystic Eyes of Clairvoyance (D Rank): Mystic Eyes that descended from Balor, in a different de-evolution line as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Viy’s ability, not Anastasia’s power. It breaks down any Bounded Field and sometimes can even find a weakness in fortresses. Russian Tsars supposedly fought on sieges under extreme advantage due to receiving this ability from Viy.
- Charisma of Absolute Freeze (B Rank): A special Charisma that circulates only among those of Tsar blood.
- Schwipsig (B Rank): Anastasia’s past nickname (means “little imp”), while also one of Viy’s abilities. It makes all forms of minor impossibilities possible. It enables small prank-level Marble Phantasms, such as transferring what the opponent is holding to her own hands or opening a crack on the ground and getting the opponent’s foot stuck there. It’s quite the absurd ability, but it’s unable to cause any lethal damage.
Anastasia's main Noble Phantasm is Viy Viy Viy, the full release of Viy's Mystic Eyes. At full power, the eyeballs which see through everything can even distort the principle of causality to create a weak point.
Anastasia's second Noble Phantasm is Sumerki Kremlin, which allows her to make a reproduction of the fortresses (kremlin, or kreml) which are scattered all over Russia. Having inherited the blood of emperors (Tsars), Anastasia can summon an extremely solid and magnificent fortress, employing it to defend herself. Only those chosen by Anastasia can enter the castle.
Forms and Alternate Versions
- Independent Action with Viy (EX Rank): As long as Viy is within reach, she can function on her own pretty much anywhere. This would even allow her use of her Noble Phantasm. That said, she prefers not to leave her Master's side, if possible.
- Fairy Contract (B+ Rank): Contracts for wearing swimsuits are handled separately.
- Schwipsig (Summer) (B+ Rank): Summertime Shvybzik. It becomes possible for Anastasia to manipulate, materialize, and produce anything she recognizes as summery. It might be powerful, but "summery things" doesn't include a lot of stuff useful in attacks. "Maybe the griddle used for yakisoba at the beach hut would work?"
- Freezing Summertime (A Rank): ―――So much fun. One might almost wish for time to stop. A forced standstill caused by Viy's Mystic Eyes. Rather than used on others, it cloaks oneself in order to cause all attacks to come to a halt before they hit, for a certain period of time.
- Acceleration - Spirit Eyeballs (B+ Rank): Viy's Mystic Eyes changed into a state of continuous activation. It creates a maelstrom of surrounding Magical Energy, providing Anastasia with favourable circumstances. To put it in FPS terms, it's like being able to one-sidedly keep shooting at your opponent from an elevated position.
- Fate/Grand Order material VII - Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova, Profile translated by ComunCoutinho
- Fate/Grand Order - Anastasia & Viy Profile
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire, Section 10: Eyes of a Monster
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire, Section 22: The Grand Duchess of the Beast Nation
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire, Section 14: Lostbelt