- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Development
- 5 References
Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
Also known as Artoria Alter (アルトリア・オルタ, Arutoria Oruta?) and better known as Arthur Pendragon/King Arthur, she was the King of Knights of the Round Table that is described in legends. In reality, a lovely girl-knight, and yet, possesses both the purity and integrity just like in the legends. She is known as a holy sword user, but the Holy Lance she possesses is actually quite powerful as well, making it possible for her to manifest as a Lancer. She who holds the Holy Lance is the "King of Storms" (嵐王, Ran'Ō?), viewed as a person and leader of the Wild Hunt.
... And it is also possible for her to materialize in this way as the possibility of having been violated by the curse of the Holy Grail. The spear-wielding aspect of the King of Knights that devoted herself to cruelty. Even the Holy Lance utilized at the time of the "Battle of the Hill of Camlann", known as King Arthur's last battle, possesses an omnious presence, changing into a black color.
The transformation began at that instant. First was the flesh. And then the spirit. Just before her complete transformation into the "Goddess of the Holy Lance", Artoria chose. She chose to be the "King of Storms"; she chose to be the black tyrant.
Artoria, with every possible means, strongly defined herself. Because she used even the curse of the Holy Grail and appears to have gained a connection to it somewhere, she is far from being herself as the King of Knights with the holy sword. She became a presence with an unruly nature, yet————Still, she continues to exist as a human. Rather than the Goddess of the Holy Lance, she is Artoria Pendragon.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Artoria Alter possesses the same appearance as her original version, except with paler skin and hair color. She is claded in dark-indigo and black armor with draconic feature.
There are various opinions about the body weight or figure of Artoria Alter when she is a Lancer. According to differing opinions, when manifesting as a Lancer, the King of Knights is said to take on a figure that differs "in portion" to what she was while alive. Whatever that is, whether because the eternally youthful body has grown "in portion" due to possessing the Holy Lance instead of the holy sword and scabbard, or because the magical power of the lance made "a portion" of the body grow————
Personality[edit | edit source]
Even if she exchanges the holy sword for the Holy Lance, the mentality of the King of Knights and the way she ought to be does not change in a big way. She still is the same King of Knights who became a king by acquiring the sword of selection, who opposed assailing foreign enemies, monsters and occasionally even dragons, and who continued to fight to protect her homeland.
However, Artoria Alter's values have somewhat changed from exchanging for the Holy Lance as her main armament. She is no doubt self-aware of herself being paranormal, of being feared by the people. King Arthur of the holy sword was a king for the nation, but King Arthur of the Holy Lance was a king that controls the nation. Her solicitude with regards to the weak changed from "solicitude pointing at her compatriots" to "solicitude pointing at the people that should be under her patronage." Her intentions, speeches and conducts has become more forceful and yet, more firmer than the times where she had the holy sword, but as far as the people is concerned, her very manner of speaking has become the views of a tyrant. It is not King Arthur as an idealist, but King Arthur tinted as a realist, and thus, she is comparatively darker. Regarding the powerful Holy Lance handled in her hand, she recognizes it has a "curse" that is bound to be a sacred thing for her.
Although she is materialized with an emphasized aspect as a hero that rages in battle and is the possessor of a Noble Phantasm endowed with power on a renowned level, depending on the compatibility with the Master, Artoria Alter will probably get to serve as a "single knight" with relative devotion. She, who is summoned as a Servant, is in a state of restraining herself, and with the exception of the moments of battle, her disposition to become rough is comparatively smaller. However, that might become a different story when it consists of her choice of meals...
The side of her being Britain's protector within the legends/anecdotes/events of her lifetime did not materialize during her transformation into a black color scheme, strongly tending to appear and come into existence as one fighting as a warrior, and coming about as a battle machine dashing through the battlefield, a coldhearted slaughterer who swiftly steals the lives of her opponents. Lancer Artoria Alternative, so to speak. The sign of being clad in ruthlessness all over her body resembles Saber Alternative. Even some aspects of her personality resembles Saber Alter's. For example, believing it's the duty of a hero to be hated and shunned, placing blame on herself for every life lost because of her, wishing for a supply of junk food to replenish her dwindling mana, and destroying everything that stands in her way while stating that kings and servants have nothing to do with her.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Artoria (Saber)
- As for Artoria, she was originally a different person who walked on a different possibility, but there was a time when Artoria Alter looked at her not as a "different self", but as her "self from around when she was youthful." It may not be evident that her mental state is similar to an older sister looking on tragically at or watching attentively her younger sister.
- Arthur (Proto)
- Artoria Alter recognizes him as the proper "holy sword user", but on the other hand, it stimulates her pride as a former holy sword user with a little intense sensation. Because he makes use of Excalibur with the thirteen restraints, she provokes Arthur by saying "Hah, you novice. If you are a true king, you should be releasing them constantly." Of course, both understands that it is not a good thing to liberate the restraints continuously.
- Francis Drake
- Lancer Alter draws a line as a way to not have to do with the other Servants, but she is a little close to Drake, who is one of the "King of Storms". To a third party, they are said to be seen as... girlfriends willfully talking together.
- Ritsuka Fujimaru
- Artoria Alter will probably become of assistance to her Master in regards to the restoration of human history.
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
Fourth Singularity: London[edit | edit source]
Artoria Alter is summoned from the "Demonic Fog" after the defeat of Nikola Tesla. As she materializes, she also absorbs the "Demonic Fog" into herself. She fights the Protagonist's party and is defeated.
Boundary of Emptiness: The Garden of Order[edit | edit source]
Final Singularity: Solomon[edit | edit source]
Interlude[edit | edit source]
In her interlude, Her Wakeless Dream, Her Endless War (醒めぬ夢、終わらぬ戦, Samenu Yume, Owaranu Sen?), Ritsuka and Mash find themselves in a battlefield when Artoria Alter arrives to take down the incoming army of human troops. After they're defeated, she reveals the battlefield is in a dream. She created it to make continous use of combat skills after getting subconscious approval from Ritsuka. Another Artoria Alter then appears, which the group proceed to defeat. While not entirely satisfied with the recent battles, Artoria Alter agrees to stop to fight for Ritsuka's cause.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Lancer Alter is a potential form that was produce from a hundred-to-one coincidence, the end result of an alternate Artoria becoming a goddess by holding the Holy Lance. At the same time, a possibility that accepted the curse of the Holy Grail in order to retain her sense of self. In this form, she cannot remove the elements "Storm" from herself, nor behave like a ruling king. Lancer Alter is a powerful Servant whose high density Magical Energy response can be perceived even inside the demonic fog of the London Singularity. However, in terms of power output, Dr. Roman measures that the power demonstrated by the Lion King when they first saw her in the Camelot Singularity is way beyond anything seen previously from Lancer Alter. She is defeated by Lancelot.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Magic Resistance (B Rank): Repels most mediocre magecraft but cannot defend against High-Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.
- Riding (A Rank): She is able to operate all vehicles and beasts freely except for Divine Beasts and Dragon Kinds. In this Class, at all times during battle, she is always mounting on a horse. When in the case of being in her Alternative form, her steed is her horse Llamrei.
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Mana Burst (A+ Rank): Along with her strong destructive urges, she is endowed with an exceedingly strong Magic Burst skill.
- Charisma (E Rank): The natural talent to command troops. Troops that see her in her current state will not necessarily have their morale enhanced.
- Protection of the Ends of the World (A Rank): A skill automatically granted to the owner of the Holy Lance. Only during battle, parameters other than MGI and LCK are temporarily ranked up.
Noble Phantasm[edit | edit source]
Being summoned as a Lancer, Artoria Alter's main weapon is the Holy Lance Rhongomyniad, a Divine Construct whose power is said to rival the Holy Sword. Rhongomyniad's true form is originally the tower that fastens the surface of the World onto the planet, however, due to its original power being limited by the Thirteen Restraints, it is barely in a state where it can succeed in taking form as a Noble Phantasm. By releasing its True Name, it will result in the Holy Lance releasing a fragment of the power of the light that shines at the Farthest Ends. In order to perform its True Name release, it is necessary to lift at least half among a total of Thirteen Restraints.
In this form, Artoria is a storm that will obliterate everything before her eyes. Nikola Tesla praises her Noble Phantasm, describing it is a torrent of light surpassing both AC and DC, one born from the planet itself. He states that although he is not fond of Heroic Spirits with either Heaven or Earth attributes, Lancer Alter is different. She is the Wild Hunt itself. Andersen claims that not even a Servant would be able to maintain their Spirit Origin next to a Noble Phantasm like that, although there are a few "morons" who would gleefully let themselves get liquefied.
Development[edit | edit source]
Creation and Conception[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fate/Grand Order material III - Artoria Pendragon (Alter), p.042-051 translated by Kinalvin
- Fate/Grand Order - Profile of Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter), translated by Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)'s Bond Craft Essence: Black Helmet
- Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)'s My Room Lines.
- Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 05: IV / Control Tower Barbatos
- Fate/Grand Order - Solomon: Section 5 Barbatos, the Control Waver
- Fate/Grand Order - London: Section 13 Beyond the Fog
- Fate/Grand Order - Camelot: The Sacred Round Table Realm Section 4 The Wailing Wall
- Fate/Grand Order - Saber Lancelot's interlude: Knight of Demise
- Fate/Grand Order material I & III: section on Artoria Pendragon (Alter) (Lancer) and Saint George Skills, translated by You at Beast's Lair.