Avengers's True Name is Gorgon (ゴルゴン, Gorugon?). The youngest of the Gorgon Sisters that appears in Greek Mythology. Her original True Name is Medusa. The mere shadow of a cursed growth. A condition in which, due to some factor, the monster disposition that is her (original) foundation was considerably emphasized. She is in a stage that is on the verge of a complete metamorphosis from a goddess to the behemoth/monster “Gorgon” and, originally, is not something that would be summoned as a Servant.
Having materialized as an existence extremely close to the “Gorgon monster”, she is essentially a threat to mankind. Although she has been summoned as a Servant by means of Chaldea's system, careful attention is necessary when handling her. If one lets their guard down, even the Master will have their life forfeit.
In a way, one can say that Gorgon is a sample demonstrating the astounding state of the art Chaldea summoning formula. Such a mechanism that summons not only the possessions and divided spirits (bunrei) of the gods, but even also such a dangerous existence as a Servant; even in the world of magic, one simply cannot call it anything but a rare occurrence.
If one included the non-human, monstrous parts of her body, it would result in substantial height and weight values. She is bigger than Humbaba in the Cedar Forest. Her upper body is 10 meters long and her total length, including its tail, is over 100 meters.
Gorgon was once a goddess, renewed as an existence of a monster that devours humans. A portion of her body resembles that of a human, but even so, her disposition is that of a powerful predator, an avenger embodying ferocity. The vestiges of what once was one of the violet-haired goddesses, who had lived in a small isle ever since time immemorial, is but her outward appearance. Her nature is already close to that of the monster Gorgon, who had took in her beloved sisters and had pulverized the many heroes who had dared embarked upon the isle. She comprehends human speech by means of an exceedingly high intelligence; she does not fall to madness, and it is not that her mind is being contaminated————yet above it all, a mutual understanding with her is essentially difficult.
Gorgon has a degree of awareness of being a vessel upon materialization.
If by any chance, they manage to deepen the bonds with each other... her Master will then acquire a great power. However, one should nonetheless realize that Gorgon is a diverging existence with a different standpoint from humans. Both her affection and her love————are not meant for kinship with humans.
- "Unknown. Incompatible."
- Angra Mainyu / Edmond Dantès / Jeanne d'Arc (Alter)
- "Hahaha! Interesting! This lot stayed as human even as they estranged themselves from being human!"
- Avenger of Shinjuku
- "Feeding...... You need not such, I suppose. You are one who procured your own spoils."
- Medusa / Medusa (Lancer)
- "What a strange feeling. The more I look at them, the more the feelings that I once had dwells within me...... as though like that of a human."
- (She does not individually recognize him as the Perseus who had once fought Gorgon, but she instinctively harbors unpleasant feelings and anger towards him who holds a portion of her corpse turned into a Noble Phantasm.)
Babylonia: The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic BeastsEdit
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Death Jail Summer Escape ~Medb's Great Bastille of Guilt and Despair~Edit
Gorgon can perform adjacent attacks by means of her hooked claws and mid-ranged attacks by means of her hair feelers that had turned into snakes. Long-ranged attacks by means of an intense magical energy light is also possible. Lethal poison from her veins can be made into elixirs that could revive the dead, and her blood that was spilled can turn into poisonous snakes.
- Avenger (B Rank): A state of being as an avenger that gathers people's grudge and malice to oneself, turned into a skill. It is easier for hostility from the surroundings to be pointed towards her, but those negative emotions are automatically changed into the power of an Avenger.
- Oblivion Correction (C Rank): People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened.
- Self-Replenishment (Mana) (A Rank): Until revenge is achieved, Magical Energy shall continue to surge up endlessly. Restores a miniscule amount of magical energy each turn.
- Monstrous Strength (A+ Rank): Temporarily magnifies STR. An offensive special characteristic possessed only by monsters and Magical Beasts. Increase STR by 1 rank upon usage. Duration depends on the rank of "Monstrous Strength".
- Demonic Mutation (B Rank): A Skill that denotes how a hero or god was transformed into a demon in life. A Skill that considerably strengthens one's abilities as a Servant by emphasizing a fact from the past. Gorgon achieved a rank of STR and END that is absolutely impossible for a human body. Originally a composite Skill that combines the effects of Battle Continuation and Self-Modification.
- Mystic Eyes (A++ Rank): Gorgon has possession of Mystic Eyes of the highest level, "Cybele". However, it is normally in a sealed condition.
- Scream of Fear (A++ Rank): A roar that arouses another's instinctive awe as a living being. Gorgon can bestow fear, continuous Defense Down, momentary Large Defense Down, curse and other conditions on all enemies.
Her Noble Phantasm is Pandemonium Cetus. By renouncing to her last vestiges as a goddess, the shadow of her former self that she becomes at the very end - the “Gorgon monster” - is temporarily materialized and all life within the designated territory is liquified. Instantly robs the lives of humans, and even Servants are given severe damage. Despite being a strengthened version “Self Seal, Dark Temple”, the Noble Phantasm that Medusa possesses when she is a Rider Class servant, it does not require setup time and is invoked with just the release of True Name. Effectiveness is somewhat low against inorganic-type opponents. Its power is great enough to cut off Tiamat's damaged horn, which had recently been cracked by Quetzalcoatl's Xiuhcoatl.
In the Babylonia Singularity, Gorgon's power was greatly enhanced due to her using the Holy Grail to turn into a goddess and by gaining access to Potnia Theron, Tiamat's Authority. In this state, she is powerful enough to paralyze even Merlin by simply scowling at him, without activating her Mystic Eyes, however, by concentrating and breathing deeply, one is able to break free. Having been saving Magical Energy, Merlin refuses to fight her the moment she activates her Mystic Eyes of Petrification, referring to them as his one true weakness. They are blocked by Mash's shield. Gorgon can also release beams from her gaze, which are deflected by Leonidas' Thermopylae Enomotia. Benkei also states he would be no match against her. The more Gorgon slaughters humans the more power she gains. However, even though she's physically stronger than Ishtar, she'd still be no match for the real Tiamat, nor Quetzalcoatl.
Thanks to the magical energy supply of the Holy Grail, her body regenerates the second she's wounded. However, Gorgon denies her relying on the King of Mages's power to kill humans. Even when weakened after having lost most of her Divinity from Quetzalcoatl destroying Tiamat's temple with the Axe of Marduk and fighting Ritsuka's party, she's still immortal and able to completely heal her wounds on an instant.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
Comment from IllustratorEdit
"Medusa in the state of 50% monsterization, or something like that kind of feeling. Her character has changed a lot from the initial setting; there were a lot of drawing changes, like her turning white in her third stage, or her turning into a colossal size (perfect monster transformation). The design idea is Fate's Dark Sakura-ish, but seems like the breasts are bigger huh."
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 Fate/Grand Order material IV - Gorgon, p.352-363, translated by castor212 at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35
 Fate/Grand Order - Gorgon (Avenger) Profile [T]
Gorgon - Avenger
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Asakawa Yuu
Noble Phantasm: A
Monstrous Strength: A+
Mutated Demon: B
Mystic Eyes: A++
Oblivion Correction: C
Self-Replenishment (Mana): A
Pandemonium Cetus: Compulsory Seal・Temple of All Demons
Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
The youngest of the Gorgon Sisters that appears in Greek Mythology.
Her original true name is Medusa.
The mere shadow of a cursed growth.
A condition in which, due some factor, the monster disposition that is her foundation (original) was considerably emphasized.
A stage that is on the verge of a complete metamorphosis from a goddess to the behemoth・monster “Gorgon” and, originally, is not something that would be summoned as a Servant
---an existence that might already be called the queen of magical beasts.
Level 1 Bond
Source: Greek Mythology
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Gender: Female
If you included the non-human, monstrous parts, the height and weight values become quite something.
Level 2 Bond
Having materialized as an existence extremely close to the “Gorgon monster”, she is essentially a threat for mankind.
Although she has been summoned as a Servant by means of the Chaldean system, careful attention is necessary when handling her.
If he let his guard down, even the Master will have his life forfeit.
Level 3 Bond
- Mutated Demon: B
Denotes how a hero or god was transformed into a demon in life.
A skill that considerably strengthens the abilities as a Servant by emphasizing a fact from the past.
Gorgon achieved a rank of STR and END that is absolutely impossible for a human body.
Level 4 Bond
- Mystic Eyes: A++
Possession of mystic eyes of the highest level, “Cybele”.
However, it is normally on a sealed away condition.
- Scream of Awe: A++
A roar that arouses another's instinctive awe as a living being.
Bestows fear, continuous Defense DOWN, momentary Defense Large DOWN, curse and other conditions on all enemies.
Still, it is fundamentally not being employed in this work.
Level 5 Bond
"Compulsory Seal・Temple of All Demons"
Rank: A Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
By renouncing to her last vestiges as a goddess, the shadow of her former self that she becomes at the very end - the “Gorgon monster” - is temporarily materialized and all life within the designated territory is liquified.
Instantly robs the lives of humans, and even Servants are given severe damage.
Despite being a strengthened version “Others Seal・Temple of Fresh Blood”, the Noble Phantasm that Medusa possesses when she is a Rider, it does not require setup time and is invoked with just the release of True Name.
Effectiveness is somewhat low against inorganic-type opponents.
If by any chance, they manage to deepen the bonds with each other...
Her Master will then acquire a great power.
However, one should nonetheless realize that she is a diverging existence, with a different standpoint from humans.
Both her affection and her love---
are not meant for kinship with humans.
ゴルゴーン - アヴェンジャー強制封印・万魔神殿
- Mutated Demon: B
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 9 The Mother of Demonic Beasts
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 08: VII / Health Office Sabnock
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Gorgon's Bond Craft Essence: Chrysaor
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order Babylonia Anime Episode 19
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 20 Absolute Demonic Front Mesopotamia (I)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 15 Decisive Battle
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 13 Prophecy of the Heavens
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 10 Good Morning, Goddess of Venus
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 11 Hello, Goddess of the Sun