A member of Fairy Country Britain's Knights of the Round Table. A Fairy Knight who assumed the name of the Saint Graph of Tristan who belongs to the Greater Human History's Knights of the Round Table. She receives favorable treatment as the "daughter" and successor of the ruler of Lostbelt Britain, Morgan. One of two fairies raised as witches in a Britain where magic is deemed unnecessary.
Her name as a fairy is Baobhan Sith. A female fairy told of in Scottish legends. The word itself means "fairy woman". It is said she appears at night to drain people's lifeforce and kill them. She has a liking for blood and is weak to sunlight. Many fairies have both "benefit" and "harm", but the baobhan sith is an evil fairy that only does "harm". They say she looks like a beautiful human woman, but her feet hidden under her long skirt alone is that of a fairy folk with her heels being the "hooves of a deer".
Diplomatic and active. Her disposition is that of a ruler who speaks of her desires unabashedly and works the people around her hard to realize them. With her hedonism of living only for the moment, she's satisfied as long as she feels good in that current instant.
She prefers fun just like any fairy would, but the only "fun" thing she knows is the suffering voices of the disadvantaged and, as a result, she often gets carried away toying and trampling the weak, regardless of whether they are fairy or human. (Since she's never been loved and her "mother" Morgan has only ever praised her when she was "tormenting the weak", she's learned to enjoy it)
A young witch blending the image of an admirable young girl working hard to be loved by her mother with the haughtiness of a princess who sees the kingdom that will be hers once as a toy. Seeing good and pure deeds truly sickens her so she makes sure to thoroughly vilify them. Her reasoning is: "It's obviously because I find these boring".
Baobhan Sith wasn't interested in almost anything and her only hobby was committing vandalism, but Beryl's stories about the "civilization of the Greater Human History" put her in high spirits and she became obsessed with imitating Greater Human History.
"Wouldn't it be fun to hold a military tournament in a historic castle~? Of course, everyone other than first place would be killed as punishment☆"
In the process, she became completely captivated by the Greater Human History's "shoes (high heels)" and became a shoe collector. When it comes to shoes she is sincerely and genuinely diligent, dreaming of making shoes that are more stylish than any pair the craftsmen from the Greater Human History could come up with....In the bedroom of such a Baobhan Sith (princess), the bare feet of fairy folk cut off from their heels that she collected are enshrined like treasures.
It is revealed in the second third of Avalon le Fae that Baobhan Sith had once been a very kind fairy who worked tirelessly to help others. However, just like her adoptive mother, the ungrateful Fae betrayed and savagely attacked her. Morgan found her after one such betrayal having had her limbs torn off, and adopted her as her child. Because Morgan recognized that Baobhan Sith would no longer be able to resurrect herself, she was raised to live as she desired, hence her cruel, sadistic nature.
- Elizabeth Báthory
- The young Blood Countess… She really pisses me off. Why does she have so many versions of herself? Someone normal would turn crazy. Or maybe she was crazy from the beginning?
- The adult Blood Countess… She's really an eyesore. Turning an iron maiden into a dress, that's not a common idea… Maybe I should try going the adult route…
- I like Barghest. The way she pretends to be a knight despite having an inclination to eat the ones she loves is so pitiful it's funny, isn't it?
Fairy Round Table Domain: Avalon le Fae
Baobhan Sith is despised by everyone in her kingdom for her vicious temper, homicidal tendencies, self-absorbed nature, and her infatuation with Beryl Gut due to their shared love of murder. Known as the most hated of the Fairy Knights of the Round Table. She's killed over 400,000 fairies by herself in her 100 years long career as a Fairy Knight.
She is first seen crashing a meeting between Morgan and her subordinates. She first beheads Yttri the Royal Clerk for merely speaking her name, kills several Government officials (including Camelot's Minister of Justice) for fun by making them jump off a cliff against their will. This behavior enrages Woodwose, who criticizes Baobhan Sith before Morgan silences him.
After Morgan is killed by angry mob of Camelot's court fairies, a nearly dead Baobhan Sith is thrown into the Great Pit. But not before praying to Cernunnos. the sole entity Morgan fears.
In combat, Baobhan Sith uses Failnaught as her primary weapon. Her shoes have blades on them that she uses for various devastating kick attacks, with her being able to even grow spikes from the heels to stab enemies. Plenty of her attacks specialize in gushing blood from people's wounds, or involve bathing in it, or spreading it around through a pieroette. While she does have Failnaught which she does attack with, it is merely part of her overall combat that otherwise relies on magic bullets, acrobatics and growing large spikes from her back.
Her Divine Patterns are dozens of times stronger than Artoria Caster's, but she's only practiced Magecraft in the comfort of her castle. When forced into an impromptu duel with Artoria Caster and no preparation, she loses because Artoria Caster had to rely on Magecraft for her whole life unlike the other fairies who can perform Mystics naturally, and thus is much more skilled than Baobhan Sith.
- Magic Resistance (EX Rank): The Magic Resistance of Fairy Knight Tristan who never yields, regrets, or feels guilty when it comes to the way she does things displays an extraordinary strength.
- Riding (A Rank): The Fairy Knight Tristan who does not ride something but spurs on the very land with her legs possesses the Riding skill.
- Territory Creation (A Rank): Since she's also received education as a magician in the world of the fairies, she is proficient in the art of creating workshops too.
- Greymalkin (A Rank): A skill bearing the name of a faery cat, a witch's companion. It is her own special trait, not that of a Fairy Knight, yet it bears the name of a different fairy for some reason.
- Blessed Successor (EX Rank): Recognized as the daughter of Morgan, she also possesses the "royal authority of ruling". Like the knight who "admonished the King of Knights" in the Greater Human History, she possesses enough power to dominate space to state her opinions to Morgan. (Mana Ruling Circle)
- Fairy Bloodsucking (A Rank)
Baobhan Sith is illustrated by Mochizuki Kei.
- Fate/Grand Order — Fairy Knight Tristan Profile, translated by Konchew
- Fate/Grand Order — Fairy Knight Tristan (Baobhan Sith) Voice Lines
- Fate/Grand Order — Fairy Knight Tristan (Baobhan Sith) Battle Animations
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Fairy Round Table Domain: Avalon le Fae - Chapter 7 Section 5