A member of Fairy Country Britain's Knights of the Round Table. A Fairy Knight who assumed the name of the Saint Graph of Gawain who belongs to the Greater Human History's Knights of the Round Table. While she hails from the 'Fang Clan' renowned for their strong bodies, her Saint Graph is humanoid appearance-wise. The most feared Fairy Knight in Fairy Country. She's known as "Gawain the Loving (愛多きガウェイン?)" and "Gawain the Glutton (大食らいのガウェイン?)".
Her name as a fairy is Barghest. That is the name of a sprite that appears in the Northern parts of England in the Greater Human History. It appears in the form of a chained dog with burning horns and eyes. In the cities, it is also a fairy that informs of death and is said to appear when someone dies. When a person with an important role in the city dies, it will bring many subordinates (dogs) with it and march through the streets. Outside the cities, it transforms from a sprite that announces death to a fairy that brings death and will roam the plateaus. It is said to eat travellers it meets. In the legends about the fairy folk passed down throughout England, it is thought to be a kind of Black Dog.
Diplomatic and passive. Without hiding her feelings, she will share her intentions in a straightforward manner and then confirm the other party's feelings. She is a majestic and proud knight who doesn't feel ashamed in front of anybody, but when it comes to her (military) actions, she is the careful type who will take a proper look at the state of affairs first before making a move.
Only after seeing not only the convenience of one side but also the convenience of both sides, she takes up her sword, saying, "Let's annihilate the weaker one." Once on the battlefield, she is said to be a ruthless knight that mercilessly overruns the weak.
Although she has a straight-laced personality, since she has a noble upbringing (well-educated), she has the composure to appreciate jokes and has a fundamentally amicable way of thinking. However, since the person herself is not good at telling jokes or making others relax through the art of conversation, she isn't too talkative.
Perhaps due to considering the rule of survival of the fittest as absolute, she lets her guard down around those who feel "strong" to her, growing close to them and taking them as her lover. In truth, she is someone who easily succumbs to loneliness so she is quick to fall for others. In the past, she has taken many races...without distinction between men and women or fairy folk and humans...as lovers. However, those relationships didn’t even last a month and she returned to being single right away. Due to this, others call her a fairy full of love, but she receives cutting remarks from the Fairy Knight Tristan such as "I am simply the type to get bored easily; I am not at your level where you fall for others left and right". It is hinted that this is because she falls to a strange compulsion that forces her to kill her lovers in a certain situation.
She hails from the Fang Clan and, in human terms, she'd be a young lady from a count family. As a Fairy Knight she might behave in a stout-hearted and cold-blooded manner, but at her roots, she is kind and easily moved to tears.
- Baobhan Sith
- Fairy Knight Tristan… No, here she's just Baobhan Sith, isn't she? If it's in Chaldea, where there are few fairies, I suppose she will behave as well but… What? She gets along and makes shoes with a Servant named Galatea, you say?
- Ibuki-douji. Yes, yes, I understand without you sating it. She's the profesized child in Pan-Human History, the being who stands at the top of every Saber, the messiah with the vertical sweater that surpasses the thin King of Knights! …She's not? Run away? A holy sword is coming flying from there, you say?
- I called out Nitocris, but I got her in a bad mood. Those ears… I really thought she was a fellow from the Clan of the Fang, so I carelessly licked her nape…
- Shuten-douji / Ibaraki-douji / Tomoe Gozen / Kijyo Koyo
- Those who have horns and aren't humans. Oni, they are called. They're different from my horns, but the roots may be the same. Our fate too will turn out similarly as well… That's what it means.
- Even Your Higness Morgan is here. Well, if it's a Master like you, even Your Higness will lend you her power, though… An astounding rival has appeared.
- Artoria (Caster)
- Artoria… was it? I feel like we met somewhere in the past, but she didn't impress me. I guess she was so small I couldn't see her… Eh, don't say that? It will become more and more complicated? Is that so, I don't understand the sensibilities of the common people.
Fairy Round Table Domain: Avalon le Fae
She's regarded as the most feared Fairy Knight by the fairies. Notably, this shouldn't be confused with the most "hated" (that would be Fairy Knight Tristan).
In combat, Barghest uses Fairy Sword Galatine (妖精剣ガラティーン, Yōsei Ken Garatīn?) as her primary weapon. She is a brutal power fighter and brawler, using devastating attacks, with several of her attacks incorporate glowing energy chains.
The horns on her head are called Antennae of A-Rei, which act as seals to her instincts. She says you can call it a second soul. When she activates her Noble Phantasm, she forcefully rips one of her horns off so that she can tap into her true form as Black Dog Barghest.
- Magic Resistance (C Rank): No information available.
- Mad Enhancement (A+ Rank): Barghest appears to have no mental abnormalities, but she must ■■■■ on a regular basis. After being assailed by this impulse, if it is not resolved promptly, she will go mad and turn into a Berserker who will slaughter everything indiscriminately, over and over again.
- Numeral of the Saint (B Rank): A skill transferred from the Heroic Spirit Gawain of the Proper Human History. In the morning, while the Sun shines down on her, Barghest's basic abilities are drastically increased.
- Wild Rule (C Rank): One who protects the law of nature and enjoys its blessings. Said rule takes survival of the fittest as its main principle and asserts that it is only natural for the frail race of humans to be dominated.
- Foul Weather (A Rank): The power of the fairy folk who "built a cathedral in a single night" that people talk about in Cornwall. A powerful fairy domain that protects the allied camp.
- Fairy Knight (A Rank): The divine protection of being chosen as the protector of the Fairy folk. It is a self-buff that is specialized towards Anti-Unit and Anti-Civilization, but it forbids offensive actions against other Fairy Knights and if the possessor kills other Fairy Knights, they will break down.
Barghest is illustrated by MERON22.
- Fate/Grand Order — Fairy Knight Gawain Profile, translated by Konchew
- Fate/Grand Order - Fairy Knight Gawain (Barghest) Voice Lines
- Fate/Grand Order - Fairy Knight Gawain (Barghest) Battle Animations
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Avalon le Fae: Fairy Round Table Domain - Chapter 3 Section 7