Shita-kiri Suzume no Beni-enma (舌切り雀の紅閻魔, Tongue-Cut Sparrow Beni-enma?), Class Name Saber (セイバー, Seibā?), is a Saber-class Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
A young swordsgirl bearing the title of the famous "Shitakiri-Suzume (Tongue-Cut Sparrow)" from Japanese folklore, and diligent owner of Enma-tei. She appears in folk legend as "a creature who helps people in the mountains." This is also how she is portrayed originally in Uji Shūi Monogatari, a collection of stories from the early Kamakura period.
While she is not originally supposed to be a summonable Heroic Spirit, here she takes the form of a "representative who receives the wishes of children."
A gokusotsu (獄卒?), a kind of oni akin to prison wardens in Hell, who runs "Enma-tei." Adopted daughter of Datsue-ba and King Enma. It is said that in her previous life, she was a young girl living in a brothel who wandered into the mountains and died. At King Enma's command, she managed Mayoiga on the surface, and her job was to weigh the sins of the people who arrived. However, for no reason in particular, she grew fond of the nearby human village, and was caught by an old woman when she went down to the village. Afterwards, she was saved by the old man, and decided to take the stance of someone who supports "good humans," eventually taking her current form of the Shitakiri-Suzume.
Also, by popular demand from the Heroic Spirits, she periodically conducts cooking classes at the Throne of Heroes. A midget cooking teacher, and also a demonic drill instructor. Uzume is a graduate of the Beni-enma Culinary School. The Japanese yōkai servants have all received Beni-enma's training and developed under her. As such, regardless of their legendary or mythological backbone, servants who were completely unable to cook, such as Tamamo-no-Mae, Kiyohime, Osakabehime, Takiyashahime, and Suzuka Gozen address Beni-enma as "Beni-sensei," and respect and fear her.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Beni-enma enjoys a pen pal relationship with Tamamo-no-Mae, Kiyohime, and Osakabehime. Her cooking is on par with EMIYA. She chides the lazy, and is also a dedicated helper who serves the honest with a great deal of gusto.
A proactive introvert. While she looks precious, her personality is closer to that of a swordsman or an official than a young girl. As she is earnest and considerate, she communicates respectfully and seriously, no matter who she is talking to.
Even though she is not someone like Tamamo-no-Mae or Kiyohime, who can live entirely according to their own whims, she does not bear animosity towards similarly impulsive people, and will not reject them. Although she carries the atmosphere of a fair, cool-headed judge, in reality, she is a loyal sparrow who deeply treasures every favor done for her, holding them close to her heart.
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
Sparrow's Inn Activity Log : Chronicles of the Prospering Enma-Tei[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
A practitioner of Hell Sparrow Sewing Sword-Drawing Technique (閻雀裁縫抜刀術, Enjaku Saihō Battō-jutsu?), as taught to her by King Enma. At times its title is shortened to "Hell Sparrow Sewing Technique" or "Hell Sparrow Sword-Drawing Technique", depending on the technique.
It is said that her iai technique is capable of cutting off a single layer of skin, and that she will even cut off tongues that spin lies...or not...?
"I will not take your life. But, I will not let that lie go!"
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Magic Resistance: A
- Even though she is an Assassin by nature, since class-wise she is a Saber, she possesses high Magic Resistance.
- Presence Concealment: A
- Even though class-wise she is a Saber, since she is an Assassin by nature, she possesses high Presence Concealment. So which one is it.
- Independent Action: A
- The blessing of the Straw Raincoat of the Sage (賢者の衣, Kensha no Mino?) that conceals the form of its wearer and alleviates the compelling force of the world that would forcibly erase one from the present world. Beni-enma can act without burdening her Master.
- Ventriloquism: EX
- The result of the intensive training undertaken to be able to converse with others even with her tongue cut out. Skill seals targeted at her are invalidated.
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Mind's Eye (Fake): A
- Resistance against penalties incurred from visual impairments.
- The ability to foresee danger thanks to natural talent that one could liken to a sixth sense or a sense of foreboding.
- I'm leaving the fact that I feel a connection with a certain Sasaki because of the completely identical technique and ability unsaid on purpose; when I meet that sham of a samurai, I’ll cut him down. Such are the thoughts Beni-enma harbors.
- Star Basket (Large): EX
- Secret no. 1 of the Hell Sparrow Sewing (Sword-Drawing) Technique. The wicker-basket of recompense.
- Beni-enma takes two wicker-baskets about the size of dice out of the sage's robe, and unseals them. The unsealed wicker-baskets take form as one big basket roughly 1 meter across, and one small basket roughly 30 centimetres across. The wicker-basket of recompense applies an assortment of bad luck......negative effects on the enemies, but also restores their HP a little. No matter how hard she is provoking the opponent, Beni-enma does not forget that this skill is still a present at its core.
- Star Basket (Small): EX
- Secret no. 2 of the Hell Sparrow Sewing (Sword-Drawing) Technique. The wicker-basket of gratitude.
- Contains the sparrow's blessings gifted to the honest old man. Causes a variety of good-luck effects for the party, and even restores their HP. Oh man, that's freaky. Also restores a little HP to the enemy side, for some reason. No matter how much she sets up a favorable situation for her team, in any case, Beni-enma does so in a present-giving fashion.