Berserker's True Name is Cú Chulainn (Alter) (クー・フーリン・オルタ, Kū Fūrin Oruta?). A brave warrior from Celtic and Ulster Mythology. A member of the Knights of the Red Branch and the strongest warrior in Ulster. A hero who won fame by employing the invincible magic spear he received from the leader of the underworld, Scáthach.
Cú Chulainn's figure was mutated by means of Queen Medb's desire; he is a Servant reflecting the wish made upon the Holy Grail by Medb "for a wicked monarch similar to both myself and Cú Chulainn." He wolfs down on the land of America as the Mad King Cú Chulainn (狂王クー・フーリン, Kyōnō Kū Fūrin?). A calamity-class enemy from the Fifth Singularity of Fate/Grand Order.
By some sort of cause, the equipment all over his body has changed into a black and red color scheme. The upper part of his bodysuit is absent, leaving his chest exposed and revealing a unique tattoo design on his chest and abdomen. His shoes have very high heels. He wears a hood over his head.
The most noticeable change is Berserker's spiked tail, which gives him a beastly appearance. His skin is also tanned.
Cú Chulainn became the king of massacre. He attained a nature of ferocity, as if he is a beast, but the sternness of that vitality is not for the sake of "survival", but for the "sake of attaining death". What is this beast's desire? It is not to survive. It is to keep sprinting. A beast eats meat for the sake of survival, not for the sake of sprinting. For this reason, this Cú Chulainn discarded even the futile desire of "to eat". Just quickly. Just at a distant place. Just for no meaning. To use up all his strength, looking for and believing in a goal of finding a place for himself to die.
Cú Chulainn massacres all enemies, whether they are virtuous people, Heroic Spirits, or comrades. He does not think battles are fun. He concluded that it is merely paperwork. The distinction between enemies and allies is clear, and in case that one stands as an enemy, he will not falter, even if his opponent is Scáthach. Even if it is against a friend who appears to repeat their mistake in battle, he is without mercy. His existence stands at the summit of Celtic warriors, the Celts being a combat race, and the absence of his pangs of conscious makes every person shudder.
Cú Chulainn's attitude to his Master is truly indifferent. Because he takes into consideration of himself as a battle machine, as a blade, he will not go against even absurd commands, no matter what kind it is, as long as if it appears likely that the commands are not impossible to do. However, he will completely not respond to commands with the exception of those with relevance to battle. He holds the idea that he is an existence with the purpose to kill his opponents, and with the exception of those matters, he holds a strong will to not participate in anything else.
There is absolutely no joy towards battle, but merely doing battle for the sake of verifying his existence as "king". Many Servants denounced that state of being to be "foolish", but that is justified. The "king" that Cú Chulainn saw in life was foolish, without exception. Nonetheless, his craving for victory is much stronger than the normal Cú Chulainn. That's because gaining victory is a natural duty. It is possible for him to conversate and logically think, but fundamentally, it does not consist of him conversating with his opponents because he points the vector wholly at "gaining victory in battle". Hence, there is no compassion in him and begging for one's life would absolutely have no effect against him.
- The one who created Cú Chulainn Alter. Until the end, the queen couldn't help but corrupt him, and she continued to direct her passionate love towards him.
- "The greatest wall. Crush, overcome, trample. This is not the burning desire to fight, but the hope of victory. Things like the emptiness after winning, it'll be nice if such things can be fed to dogs."
- Cú Chulainn
- "My light side... isn't he too bright? Is he for real?"
E Pluribus Unum: The Grand Battle of Legends in North AmericaEdit
Cú Chulainn Alter is summoned by Medb using the Holy Grail. He serves as an important part of her army, leading the Celtic forces as their king and battling against the American army of Thomas Edison. The hostile Celtic warriors held no mercy not only because of Medb's might, but also from being led by Cú Chulainn's cruelty. Before Ritsuka Fujimaru and Mash Kyrielight arrive to the Singularity, Cú Chulainn Alter fights and greatly injures Rama, a member of the Resistance, with his Gáe Bolg.
When Medb is attacked by Geronimo, Robin Hood, Nero and Billy the Kid, she summons Cú Chulainn Alter to aid her with Arjuna also arriving to protect her. Cú Chulainn Alter fights Nero and defeats her while Arjuna defeats the other Servants apart from Robin Hood, who manages to escape. Cú Chulainn Alter later appears to battle the southern United American and Resistance army, facing Scáthach. The clash of their Gáe Bolg Noble Phantasms cancel each other out, so they resort to their second Noble Phantasms. Just before Scáthach could completely invoke the Gate of Skye, Cú Chulainn Alter manages to surprise her with a Noble Phantasm that he normally should not have and successfully impale her with Curruid Coinchenn, seemingly killing her.
Cú Chulainn Alter later shows up to backstab Karna in the middle of his duel with Arjuna with his Gáe Bolg Noble Phantasm. Afterwards, Cú Chulainn Alter attacks Mash, but is unable to pass through her defenses and decides to use his Gáe Bolg Noble Phantasm once again. However, Gáe Bolg is stopped by a strange man who materializes from Fou, revealed to actually be Merlin. While Cú Chulainn Alter is distracted by this, Karna uses the last of his strength to attack him with Vasavi Shakti, causing Cú Chulainn Alter to retreat with major injuries.
Cú Chulainn Alter appears again alongside Medb when their home base of Washington is being attacked by the Protagonist's party, battling against them with Curruid Coinchenn. After Medb was defeated, he uses the Holy Grail to undergo his Ascension stages to power himself up. Even with that however, he is unable to beat them, so he resorts to using the Holy Grail to incarnate himself as the Demon God Halphas. Despite his new demonic form, he is still beaten by the Protagonist's party.
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Cú Chulainn has unusually taken form as a Berserker, however, this is not the mad warrior condition from when he was alive; he has been summoned as a different figure rather than as a proper Berserker due to being mutated by Medb's wish. When receiving the backup from the Holy Grail, his power surpasses even that of his Lancer and Caster counterparts, and Rama even claims he is the strongest Lancer in the world. He is also an extremely skilled fighter, able to fight multiple servants at once, as shown in his final confrontation with Rama, Nightingale, and Mash. He is also able to fight on par with Scáthach, despite him claiming that she was too much even for Arjuna to handle. Cú also boasts impressive endurance, high enough to survive being hit by Vasavi Shakti, although Karna stated the attack wasn't strong enough to reach Cú, due to him being mortally wounded.
- Mad Enhancement (EX (equivalent to C)): Because this version of Cú has been born through a desire wished upon the Holy Grail, logical conversation is possible although Mad Enhancement bonuses are actually equivalent to Rank C. However, in practice, it is impossible for him to talk with an adversary because it will only end up being ineffective in regards to whatever sophistry was tried. He does not make a choice other than to push forward towards his purpose.
- Divinity (C Rank): As a Demigod son of Sun God Lugh, Cú has a high Divine Spirit aptitude. However, due to being Altered this skill has ranked down from his usual rank.
- Madness of the Spirits (A Rank): Cú Alter has the ability to awaken the spirits sleeping within the earth and crush the wills and minds of the enemy forces with his growl. This mental interference causes a temporary decrease in STR and AGI in all enemies.
- Battle Continuation (A Rank): Never gives up no matter what until the very end. A mad beast's obsession. Cú Alter can remain alive as long as he doesn't receive a decisive fatal wound. It allows him to fight even with deadly injuries.
- Rune Magic (B Rank): In this state, Cú Chulainn is automatically activating the Rune equivalent of the Magic Resistance Skill. It is used only to strengthen his body.
- Protection from Arrows (C Rank): He can deal with projectiles that do not depend on magecraft by tracking them down with his eyes. Because he is under Mad Enhancement, this Skill is ranked down significantly more than usual.
Cú Alter wields Gáe Bolg, which has has been mixed with darkness, overflowing with a foreboding aura. Due to this, the demonic spear has been altered, becoming known as the Gáe Bolg: Gouging Piercing Spear of Carnage, which is cast with the throwing style, and it is more powerful than the Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death. As compensation, each time it is invoked, his right arm is damaged and begins to break off from his body from the pull of the Noble Phantasm's immense force; to supplement this matter, he recovers and regenerates from his injury with Rune Magic. If it is merely an ordinary person, it will not protect them from the sharp pain that can drive them into madness even if the injury is healed, but Cú Chulainn is simply warding it off by enduring that immense pain. Stil, his Gae Bolg is powerful enough to stalemate Scáthach's own version of said spear, surpass Rama's Brahmastra, destroying 80% of his heart on the process, and even pierce through Karna's armor, mortally wounding him.
His ultimate trump card however is Curruid Coinchenn, an armor made out of the skeleton of the sea monster whose ribs were used to craft Gáe Bolg. This Noble Phantasm is offensive in nature, raising his Strength to EX Rank and ranking up his Endurance, but prohibiting the use of Gáe Bolg. It was the Noble Phantasm he used to defeat Scáthach by surpassing her Gate of Skye after she invoked its True Name and destroying 90% of her organs. After performing said attack, Scáthach claimed he had enough power to destroy the world.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28
 Fate/Grand Order - Berserker Profile
Berserker (Cú Chulainn Alter) - Berserker
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Canna Nobutoshi
Noble Phantasm: A
Frenzy of the Faeries: A
Protection from Arrows: C
Battle Continuation: A
Mad Enhancement: EX (equivalent to C)
The legendary warrior of the Ulster Cycle of Celtic mythology. A member of the Red Branch Knights and the strongest fighter of Ulster, he won his fame with his mastery of the invincible spear techniques taught to him by Scáthach, the ruler of the alternate realm called the Land of Shadows.
He has unusually taken form as a Berserker. Some factor of his summoning also caused all of his equipment to change and reversed his temperament. His expressions become cold, and the crimson demonic spear that is his Noble Phantasm has been mixed with darkness, overflowing with a foreboding aura.
Level 1 Bond
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Source: Ulster Cycle
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
His Rune Magic is used only to strengthen his body.
Level 2 Bond
Frenzy of the Faeries: A
The roar of Cú Chulainn awakens the spirits sleeping within the earth and crushes the will of enemy forces.
This mental interference causes a temporary decrease in STR and AGI in all enemies.
Level 3 Bond
The Hound of Culann twisted by the wish of Queen Medb – as the Mad King Cú Chulainn, he devoured and ravaged the land of America.
This form is not even that of his berserk state in life, and different from the appearance he should have when summoned as a Berserker.
Level 4 Bond
Gouging Piercing Spear of Carnage — Gáe Bolg
Type: Anti-army Noble Phantasm
Maximum Targets: 100
The homing demonic missile that is the proper Noble Phantasm of Cú Chulainn,
In his Alter form, it has increased power and effective range as he throws with such utmost strength that he breaks apart his own body.
This attack causes instant death in all enemy targets, in addition to dealing great damage if that does not take effect.
(By use of his Runes, he regenerates his flesh as he is throwing so he does not take any physical damage – though this does nothing for the enormous pain that he suffers.)
Level 5 Bond
Grinding Crunching Beast of Death Tusks — Curruid Coinchenn
Type: Anti-unit Noble Phantasm (Self)
Maximum Targets: 1
The storm of Cú Chulainn's rage wraps around him like armour and temporarily takes form as the exoskeleton of the Curruid, the monster of the crimson sea, from which the demonic spear Gáe Bolg was made. Wearing this offensive armour raises his CON and also grants him EX rank STR.
While this Noble Phantasm is active, he cannot use Gouging Piercing Spear of Carnage.
クー・フーリン〔オルタ〕 - バーサーカー噛み砕く死牙の獣
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 Fate/Grand Order material III - Cú Chulainn (Alter), p.224-233
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 06: V / Arsenal Halphas
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Section 21 North American Myth War (Ending)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Section 20 North American Myth War (Middle)
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Section 13 Over the Rainbow
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Section 19 North American Myth War (Beginning)
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Prelude
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - E Pluribus Unum: Section 20 North American Myth War (Middle)