Caster's True Name is Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova (アナスタシア・ニコラエヴナ・ロマノヴァ, Anasutashia Nikoraevuna Romanova?) and Viy (ヴィイ?). The youngest daughter of Nikolay II, the last Tsar of the Russian Empire. Swallowed by the turbulence of the Russian Revolutions, she was murdered at the Ipatiev House along with her family, servants and pet animals.
Fundamentally naive and innocent, but due a misanthropic disposition, she speaks in a dispassionate tone right after being summoned - a stage in which she still does not have faith in the Master. If one were to earn her trust, he will probably see her original lively, mischievous side. She left behind many pleasant episodes, such as taking her own picture by projecting the camera with a mirror... something that modern people would call a "selfie".
Many of her letters to her family still remain, which gives us a glimpse of her innocent side and deep affection to her family. Strictly speaking, the spirit or monster called Viy does not exist. It is a fictional monster that appeared in the horror novella "Viy", written by the Russian literary master Gogol. However, there are several folklores similar to Viy in Slav culture, and one can surmise that it was modeled after them.
The Viy that Anastasia is contracted with was a familiar in the possession of the Russian Empire. By means of his mystic eyes, he exposed all secrets, discovered weak points in fortresses and also dyed enemies in blood. However, it is impossible to either see or control him without the necessary talent───. It was only in the brink of death that Anastasia attained the qualifications to make a contract with him.
Anastasia is a beautiful girl, having long white hair and a fringe covering her icy blue eyes. She wears an ornate white gown and a white fur cape with gold designs and blue lining on. She is seen caressing a doll.
Anastasia is shown to have a bitter, cold disposition. She seems to call Ritsuka Fujimaru, Mash, and da Vinci or perhaps those who oppose them as Rats, "Powerless living things that could do nothing but gnaw and multiply". Her belief of the world is that it is "cruelly, terribly cold", and that those who consider the mild surroundings as 'cold', should be shown a true hell.
Though she has shown to have some sense of small sympathy, as she warned Goldorf Musik that he was being backstabbed and used by the enemies. However, she only follows orders as is.
As the servant of Kadoc, she is shown to be slightly nicer underneath. She only acts distant due to her past and does not want her loved ones get hurt again, but once someone gets to know her, she is friendly, mischievous, and loves to play pranks.
Anastasia: The Permafrost EmpireEdit
Having contracted with Viy, the prized spirit of the Russian Empire, Anastasia can manipulate ice and cold. Much of her magical energy requirements are covered by Viy, so the load on her master is low.
The version summoned by Kadoc into the Russian Lostbelt is slightly distorted due to coming from the Greater History of Man. She claims to have been internally shifted to be similar to a Yaga despite maintaining her normal external appearance. Her history is distorted, an she has only a vague recollection of her family. She claims she has become a Servant of the Lostbelt, having gained a "twisted power" and the right to rule if Ivan should be defeated.
In the Russian Lostbelt, after Ivan's death, Anastasia assumed Ivan's previous position as King of the Lostbelt and with it, special authorities over the Fantasy Tree Orochi, allowing her to command the tree to properly take root and begin growing, giving her the capability to use it to alter and expand the Lostbelt's domain, though she didn't get the chance to do the latter before her own death.
- Territory Creation (EX Rank): While she is summoned as a Servant, a diameter of a few meters around her functions as a Tsar territory. She can keep expanding this territory by combining this Skills with other Skills.
- Fairy Contract (A Rank: A contract with Viy, a fairy who lives in Russian lands. Fairies are invisible, but Viy, the fairy contracted to the Romanov Dynasty, is special. He can let third parties see him and even use his powers. Another interpretation is that Viy, being a product of literature, doesn’t actually qualify as fairy.
- Mystic Eyes of Clear Sight (D Rank): Mystic Eyes that descended from Balor, in a different de-evolution line as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Viy’s ability, not Anastasia’s power. It breaks down any Bounded Field and sometimes can even find a weakness in fortresses. Russian Tsars supposedly fought on sieges under extreme advantage due to receiving this ability from Viy.
- Charisma of Absolute Freeze (B Rank): A special Charisma that circulates only among those of Tsar blood.
- Schwipsig (B Rank): Anastasia’s past nickname (means “little imp”), while also one of Viy’s abilities. It makes all forms of minor impossibilities possible. It enables small prank-level Marble Phantasms, such as transferring what the opponent is holding to her own hands or opening a crack on the ground and getting the opponent’s foot stuck there. It’s quite the absurd ability, but it’s unable to cause any lethal damage.
- During the events of the Russian Lostbelt, after acquiring Ivan's authorities as King of the Lostbelt, Anastasia briefly gained his Emergency Prerogative (非常大権, Hijōtaiken?) skill.
Anastasia's Noble Phantasms are Viy Viy Viy and Sumerki Kremlin. During the assault on Chaldea, her Noble Phantasm was used to freeze Chaldeas and render Chaldea unusable, with temperatures inside the facility dropping to below -100 degrees.Viy Viy Viy: Dash - Spirit Eyeballs (疾走・精霊眼球, Shissō Seirei Gankyū?) is the full release of Viy's Mystic Eyes. At full power, the eyeballs which see through everything can even distort the principle of causality to create a weak point. Sumerki Kremlin: Afterglow, Abomnable Fortress of Blood (残光、忌まわしき血の城塞, Zankou, Imawashiki Chi no Jousai?) is a reproduction of the fortresses (kremlin, or kreml) which are scattered all over Russia. Having inherited the blood of emperors (Tsars), Anastasia can summon an extremely solid and magnificent fortress, employing it to defend herself. Only those chosen by Anastasia can enter the castle.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 Fate/Grand Order material VII - Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova, Profile translated by ComunCoutinho
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Second Prologue
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire, Chapter 22
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Anastasia: Permafrost Empire, Chapter 21