Decoration Disorder Disconnection is a mystery novel written by Nasu Kinoko and published irregularly on Faust magazine.
Abnormal Agonist Syndrome, commonly known as "demonic possession" prevailed in Japan. Patients of the syndrome have malfunction in the secretion of the neurotransmitters and it gives rise to the acquisition of new parts in the body and supernatural power. The patients of "A-Syndrome" were unnaturally concentrated in Shikura city.
DDD has no current stated connections to the rest of the interconnected worlds of the Nasuverse. Although Meruka Kuramitsu from Kara no Kyoukai is referenced in the story, it is simply a gimmick included by Nasu to cause readers of both to do a double-take while reading. It is actually a pseudonym taken from a character in a book in the DDD world.
Arika Ishizue lost his left arm in the A-syndrome related accident and hospitalized. After he left the hospital and went back to Shikura, he met a beautiful boy named Kaie Karyou who has no limbs and is living in a dark basement. The boy asked him to exorcise the "Demons" possessing A-Syndrome patients. Arika was involved in the bizarre cases and the fights with the "Demons".
Shikura City is the DDD setting. Which is located in western Japan with an population of 150,000 people. More than half of town is made up of fields and mountains. No matter how much money gets invested in the station front, it’s still a town out in the country, two hours away by commuter express from the urban center.
Water Tank - Unmarked on the map and located in a forest five kilometers away from the station of Shikura. Looks sort of like a spaceship. Underneath it is Kaie's room.
Mikishiro Suisan Shikura 2nd Factory - An abandoned (more like unfinished) can factory.
SVS - A popular game among young people who couldn't become serious Baseball players. Only 2 players are needed- a pitcher and a batter. The pitcher pitches the ball and it's simulated on whether it would be an easy out or whether it's a good hit or not.
Origa Memorial Institute - A national hospital and the one and the ultimate treatment center for those with Agonist Disorder. Those with "Agonist Disorder" are transported to this hospital after being taken into custody by the government. Blocked off by a concrete wall, even at the 10 meter tall glass entrance of the hospital. Incoming and outgoing patients come and go by helicopter. Said to be located in western Japan and is some 3 hours away from Shikura by helicopter/car. Doesn't take outpatients; if you come there, you're going to be staying there for a while. In that sense, it's more like an asylum. Made up of a large compound and 5 wards (A, B, C, D specifically for those with A Disorder) and relatively small number of staff in comparison to the size (only in the hundreds). Patients in each ward are allowed to move only to the adjacent wards and only according to allotted free time.
In Ward A are those with tumors and no new parts (abilities) or those normal people who just happened to be harmed by those with Agonist Disorder and bear some after-effects. Basically the same as regular hospital life, excluding a limit to free time and lack of outcoming patients. Three examinations a day and optional communication with other patients. Around some 20 A ward patients.
Ward B has the most number of patients. Mainly those who have become comparatively mentally stabilized and whose treatment is just barely realistically possible. Basically the people who probably will be allowed to get surgery. Treatment is basically at a level where excision of tumor = won't die. Whether surgery is commenced with depends on whether an accurate surgical method is discovered. A problem however is that the symptoms are different so research into that field, to develop a generally effective practice, is slow.
Ward C are where those who are popularly called "demon possessed" reside, of course, their conditions have stabilized. Oddly enough, they're less dangerous than those in Ward B since these ones have been emotionally shattered and will not leave their wards. Those allowed of free action have already stabilized so they won't go violent; but the result is that it looks like a prison-like abandoned ward since patients whose bodies have mutated won't leaving their rooms, even if they are emotionally peaceful.
Ward D can best be described as being abandoned, if Ward C were to be described to be a prison. Security (equipped openly with submachine guns) and doctors can only be found in the entrance. Left dark since many of the patients are fearful of light. Basically made up of those patients in the terminal stage whose bodies have matured and treatment is impossible. Around 30 people are alive in there and about 40 bodies are "currently in" the room. A steel corridor maze complete with layers and layers of steel gates.
Main Characters Edit
- Arika Ishizue
- Kaie Karyou
- Mato Tohma
- Kanata Ishizue
- Mihaya Tsuranui
- Yaichirou Kirisu
- Shuusei Hinomori
- Makina Hisaori
- Tomori Yamanashi (月見里 朋里, Yamanashi Tomori?)
- Yamanashi had killed her parents and then in order to hide the motive, begun she to kill other humans. She killed her parents because they let her bedridden grandfather, who was a burden for their family, die without helping him. Tomori was as a witness of her grandfather's death and she couldn't forgive her parents or the villagers for not doing something. She has long black hair, luminous eyes and a lovely voice. But the Agonist Disorder had transformed her into a human beast with claws as hands and she is now known as the "lawn mower". Her claws are disintegration weapons, who will tear of all things who are caught in them. Combined with her acrobatic, speed, accuracy and power she gained from the Disorder, is she an powerful enemy. She additionally acquired an instantaneous sense of danger, thanks to her two years of human hunting experience. Hoewer, the serial killings she made, had lead the hunter of the demon-possessed, Syuusei, to her. She and Syuusei had a confrontation on a bridge and as far as physical ability goes is Yamanashi ahead of Hinomori. But she was overwhelmed by the difference of combat experience and she lost. She was later taken into custody by the Olga Memorial Hospital Ward C and they imprisoned her in a cage and her fate is unknown.
- Shinya Hisaori (久織 伸也, Hisaori Shin'ya?)
- Shinya is one of the agonists admitted into a place known as the Origa Memorial Hospital, wherein Arika was also briefly warded. He was warded for A-disorder under the grounds of trying to kill his parents. He was discharged later on counts of being “rehabilitated” and that the incident was deemed to be an accident. "Shinya Hisaori", a fellow patient who befriended Arika when they met during their free activity times.
- Yukio Fusou (扶桑 雪緒, Fusou Yukio?)
- Yukio is a high school girl with intensified physical abnormalities. Because of anorexia and fasting she gained agonist disorder. She wants to find food that does not make fat due to her fasting. And so came she to the conclusion that she should eat pet animals or humans. She usually sprinkles her food with vinegar. Her disorder lies in her stomach and so she produces highly corosive stomach acid which she can vomit or sweat out of her body.
- Kizaki (木崎?)
- Kizaki is a man whose affected area is the neck, caused through fatigue. People who meet his eyes are bound to rotate in the same way to fit his neck, but they die when their heads turn around 180 degrees. He himself does not die as his head rotates to 360 degrees. He used this method to kill his wife and daughter and two policemen.
- Ookumaneko Mokumoku (大熊猫 目々?)
- He is a super NEET who has a large role in Outside the Universe. He has created a concept universe within his room, which changes depending upon how it is perceived to work. The laws of the universe can be warped depending on the circumstances.
- Arou Yujumochi
- Browser Crasher
- Hamuru Kotou
- Kyouma Yashikido
- Marine Origa
- Meruka Kuramitsu
- Mio Makotoko
- Mumei Miyahara
- Namida Yuzuriha
- Ouka Hinomori
- Ritsuka Arishino
- Ruzeru Hirumiya
- Shishiya Yoruguchi
- Tachino Umikaze
- Yutaka Nirabishi
- 2.HandS. (R)
- 2.HandS. (L)
- 3.formal hunt
- 4./Vt.in day dream.
- 3/16 Incident: Outside the Universe (3/16 事件 宇宙の外, 3/16 jiken: uchuu no soto)
 TYPE-MOON Staff Diary - 9/15/2008
Summary: It's just a gimmick to make DDD readers do a double-take, there's no connection at all between Kara no Kyoukai and DDD.
2008/9/15 : 2008/9/15 : 今日から書店頒布開始です。（きのこ）
空の境界 未来福音 -the Garden of Sinners recalled out summer -
|Arika Ishizue • Kaie Karyou • Kanata Ishizue|