Gods were beings formed by the thoughts of humans and born into the world without being influenced by the will of the people. They grow stronger the more people worship them, but have been reduced to normal Divine Spirits since the end of the Age of Gods. There also exist cases like gods becoming infamous as icons of terror, distorting their appearances through the human thoughts and ideals that formed them.
Gods are split into two categories, those things that were already there that became gods after becoming objects of worship and those that were reborn as gods. Those that were already there include heavenly bodies like the sun and moon, natural phenomena like storms, earthquakes, thunder, and wind, or others like the "power of the planet that stabilized the surface of the earth." Those that were reborn as gods were close to human originally, but deviated from humanity through various factors to become objects of worship. Beings like heroes and messiahs that are "systems necessary to thrive" fall under that category.
The gods of ancient Mesopotamia, the gods of antiquity, were part of the first category, natural phenomena possessing intentions and personalities. Ea was one such god that performed the act of building the planet, and many others began to build nations after the primordial earth was stabilized in myth. They reigned as the laws of heaven, controlling humans through methods like the birth of Gilgamesh, though that worked against them to end their age. The second category, the gods of modernity, came to the forefront after their passing.
The gods of Mesopotamia found themselves lacking viability towards the end of their age and the start of the human age. Living things normally have the instinct to adapt their surroundings to something better suited for the habitat, but gods merely "existed" no matter their power. The viability of humanity was exceptional at the time, as though it was slight counting singular humans, their force in sheer numbers was high. They did not have any transcendent beings commanding the vast majority, but they had a higher level of intelligence than all other living beings that was distributed across all of them. This differed from the gods, no matter how powerful, whose acquired personalities were not much different from humans in their inventiveness and cognizance.
Though the gods were omniscient, each could only come to one conclusion and acquire one personality, differing from the threat of the vast number of humans with their large amount of cognizance, their capacity for change. Their desires were boundless, relentless, and unrestrained, causing the world to evolve in accordance. The gods feared that the rules of the planet would change as they continued to breed, bringing about a time where it was no longer necessary for natural phenomena to have wills. They brought about Gilgamesh for that reason, believing that a sovereign belonging to the human side and championing their cause would allow them to keep humanity in check.
He was to be a keystone hammered into the earth by the heavens to delay the complete fracturing between themselves and humanity, but he rejected their ways and brought an end to their age.
The Age of God's in Scandinavia ended with Ragnarok.
The Twelve Olympians originally ruled over Atlantis over 14,000 years before modern day. In 12,000 BC, Sefar arrived on earth, the Olympians being destroyed at that time. Their remnants eventually drifted to Greece, forming Grecian mythology. Within the alternate history of the Atlantic Lostbelt, they avoided that destruction and survived to modern day. The existence of Sefar is a trauma for the Olympians and the Roman Gods.
Gods have Authority (権能, Kennō?) over the world, allowing for world construction, event shifting, time-flow manipulation, kingdom-building, and other such powers of that level. Authorities are special abilities that fall into a different category than Codecasts, Skills, and Noble Phantasms. While normal skills "accomplish a certain task by following a corresponding principle”, Authority works “simply by making things happen because one has that right.” Authority is also limited to certain domains for a god. Though such powers existed six thousand years ago, in the Age of Gods before the modern era, the advent of the AD calendar relieved the gods of their duty of the advance of human civilization and retired them to the past. High-level gods like Amaterasu are powerful enough that even the time axis has almost no bearing on them. Some such as the gods of Olympus age over time, having to eat golden apples to keep from aging, while others like Stheno and Euryale are born as immortal idols. Due to being a high class form of Nature Spirit, they should be capable of Marble Phantasm.
Gods were able to mate with humans, bringing about demi-gods of various strengths like Heracles and Cú Chulainn. Demi-gods and those who lose their divinity like Medusa and Chiron are applicable to be summoned as servants. Gods that have died before reduction into Divine Spirits could presumably be recorded into the Throne of Heroes. It is also possible for demi-gods to ascend to full godhood like Heracles, who can be summoned from the Throne of Heroes with his complete Divinity. Heroic Spirits like Alexander the Great can obtain some Divinity through the addition of their legends to their power, even if they may not actually be true. While Divine Spirit servants have the ability to use the Authority of the past, utilizing it in the modern age requires a penalty of self-ruin. However in Fate/Grand Order, Ishtar appears as a pseudo-Servant condition in which a human that has a wavelength close to her own was made into a vessel. In Fate/EXTRA CCC the one who swallowed up the Moon Cell has reached a level of power that is Authority-class.
Bodhisattva are gods of cosmic proportions, easily capable of governing the solar system and are not owned by Gaia. Saver is one such being, and he is around the level of beings like Kiara Sessyoin and True Daemons, capable of affecting the entirety of a planet. Boddhisattva are people who devote themselves to bring salvation to sattva and also those who have attained moksha. The vastness of the world view of Buddhism is much greater than other religions, encompassing the universe as the kingdom of the Buddha. It uses numerical concepts like Nayuta(10^60) and Muryoutaisuu (10^68) to display their magnitude, and the size of the universe is the great trichiliocosm, composed of one thousand medium trichiliocosm, which are composed of one thousand galaxies, small trichiliocosm each made up of three thousand worlds. It is on the scale of galaxies, galaxy clusters, and superclusters known in the modern era, interpreted over two thousand years ago.
Earth Mother GoddessEdit
Earth Mother Goddess (大地母神?) are goddesses that possess the power of creation which originated from a forgotten goddess from approximately 8000 years ago (the goddess of Catalhoyuk). The goddess was the equivalent of the mother of the earth mother goddesses that created the land, or in other words the “Root” that created all creation. Her powers eventually branched out to other goddesses such as Tiamat, Cybele, Ishtar/Inanna, Anat, Astarte, Gaia (not the same as the planet), Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Athena. The earth mother goddesses were often imaged with mural crowns because many of the goddesses were also the guardian deities of cities.
The earth mother is a protector guardian deity revered by the people, and she is the sacrifice that feeds them with the crops born from her body and the beasts of the fields and the forests. Her true nature is the cycle of life and death, the circle of the food chain where she feeds man with her blood and flesh, kills man over time and absorbs him as nutrition, and once again feeds man with her replenished blood and flesh. She represents the system of life itself, so those born of the earth cannot deny her authority. Only when they have fulfilled the wish of the Çatalhöyük, leaving the planet for space and ending the infantile stage of intelligent lifeforms, will they no longer be bound to it.
This authority over the power of bringing death and giving life, symbolized by holes opening in the earth and the sky, caves and the moon, the whirlpools and typhoons of the sea, the craters of volcanoes, and such, first births evils that bring forth all manners of death. Once the evils are finished spreading death, they leave the promise of good harvest and fertility. The goddesses that followed inherited this authority, and many were imaged with mural crowns because many were also the guardian deities of cities. Most used the authority to give birth to countless monsters and giants and posed a threat to the gods and man, or give birth to heroes and became protectors of man. Tiamat and Gaia are examples of those who became threats, and Hera is an example of a mother of heroes. BB used Earth Mother data and Kingprotea came to existence as a High-Servant.
Gods that are prominent within the Nasuverse, whether they have been referenced or directly appeared.
Japanese Buddhist/Shinto MythologyEdit
- Amaterasu is the deification of the sun who created Tamamo-no-Mae as a unique facet of herself.
- Bishamonten, a God of War and who Nagao Kagetora claims to be an incarnation of.
- Gozu Tennou, incarnation or identity of Indra and father of Minamoto no Raikou.
- Hachiman, a God of Archery.
- Raijin, a God of Lightning, Thunder, and Storms, and the father of Sakata Kintoki.
- Jaguar Man
- Quetzalcoatl, one of the highest deities in Aztec mythology.
- Tezcatlipoca, he was the god who slew Quetzalcoatl.
- Louhi, a witch who is also a Divine Spirit.
They are briefly seen in Pandora's flashback as her creator and then bestow the Pandora's box to her. They appear as robotic beings with a pair of glowing round orbs for eyes.
- Apollo, the Greek God of the Sun and the Arts. He is the father of Asclepius.
- Ares, the Greek God of War and father of Hippolyta and Penthesilea.
- Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Beauty, Love and Sex
- Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt.
- Asclepius, the Greek God of Medicine.
- Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom and War
- Chiron is a former God who gave up his divinity to spare himself the agony of pain from being poisoned and died. He was recorded into the Throne of Heroes as Heroic Spirit due to this, and he wishes to restore his divinity.
- Demeter, the Greek Goddess of Agriculture and Harvest
- Euryale, Stheno, and Medusa, the Gorgon sisters who were born from the wishes of mankind for ideal goddesses.
- Hades, the Greek God of the Underworld. He possesses the Cloth of Concealment.
- Hecate, the Greek Goddess of Magic, who taught Medea Magecraft.
- Hephaestus, the Greek God of Fire and Blacksmith of Olympus. He is the creator of Akhilleus Kosmos.
- Hera, Queen of the Gods and Goddess of Marriage.
- Heracles, demi-god turned full Divine Spirit and the Greek God of Strength.
- Astraea, Greek Goddess of Innocence and Justice.
- Poseidon, the Greek God of the Seas and Earthquakes. He is the father of Orion and Triton.
- Thetis, a sea nymph, the mother of Achilles.
- Zeus, the King of the Gods and God of the Sky and Lightning, is the father of Heracles, and although there is no proof, Alexander the Great was also called his son in some stories and gained Divinity as a Heroic Spirit. The Divine Bulls that pull Gordius Wheel, which were an offering to him stolen by Alexander, are called the "Children of Zeus" and generate lightning that is said to be a manifestation of Zeus.
- Atë, Goddess of Ruin, also the name of the action made by heroes (usually because of pride) that leads them to their downfall.
- Caeneus or Caenis who inherited Poseidon's authority to become a divine spirit, died in her legend.
- Diana, the counterpart of Artemis of the Olympian Gods. She fell in love with the Roman Emperor Caligula and caused him to fall into madness.
- Mars, the counterpart of Ares the Olympian Gods. Mars is the father of Romulus.
- Venus, the Roman Goddess and ancestor of Gaius Julius Caesar.
- Indra, the Hindu Thunder God and father of Arjuna. He wields Vajra. He gave the Vasavi Shakti to Karna as recompense for taking his armor.
- Surya, the Hindu Sun God and father of Karna.
- Vishnu, is a Hindu God. His avatars (incarnations) most notably include Krishna and Rama.
- Parvati, the Hindu Goddess of Love. One of Passionlip's goddess components.
- Durga, the Hindu Goddess of War. One of Parvati's facets and Passionlip's goddess components.
- Lakshmi, the Hindu Goddess of Wealth. Sita is one of her reincarnations.
- Saraswati, the Hindu Goddess of Wisdom. One of Meltlilith's goddess components.
- Kama, the Hindu God of Love.
- Shiva, the Hindu God of Time and Destruction.
- Ganesha, the Hindu God of Beginnings. The son of Shiva and Parvati.
- Alakshmi, the Hindu Goddess of Misfortune. She possesses Lakshmibai.
- Agni, the Hindu God of Fire. He gave Arjuna his bow.
- Arjuna Alter, an amalgamation of the Hindu Pantheon's god in Lostbelt 4 except Kama.
- Buddha, a man who ascended to the level of a Bodhisattva after death, existing beyond Gaia's control.
- Dagda, the All Father. God of Druidry, Strength, Wisdom, and Agriculture.
- Aengus, the Irish God of Love and foster parent of Diarmuid Ua Duibhne.
- Aillen, a fallen Celtic God. He manipulated Flames and Sleep. He was slain by Fionn mac Cumhaill.
- Balor, the ancient Celtic God of Darkness and great-grandfather of Cú Chulainn. He is the progenitor of the Eyes of Death Perception. He could actualize the death of the target by just glaring at him.
- Flidais is the Goddess of the forest and wife of Fergus mac Róich.
- Lugh, the Irish God of the Sun. He is the father of Cú Chulainn.
- Manannán, the Irish God of the Sea and the Underworld and foster parent of Diarmuid Ua Duibhne. He also owned many Noble Phantasms including Moralltach and Fragarach which he donated to others.
- Nuada, the Celtic War God and ancestor of Fionn mac Cumhaill.
- Morrigan, Celtic Goddess of War and Fate. Tried to seduce Cu Chulainn, only to be denied.
- Dian Cecht, God of Healing and Smithing.
- Anu, the King of the Gods. He is the father of many Gods including Ishtar.
- Dumuzid, God of Shepard's.
- Ereshkigal, the Queen of the Underworld. She is the older sister of Ishtar.
- Ishtar, the Goddess of Fertility, Love, War, Sex and Power.
- Ninsun, the mother of Gilgamesh and "Lady of the Wild Cows". Indirectly mentioned in episode 8 of Carnival Phantasm.
- Tiamat, an Earth Mother and Goddess of Sea Salt.
- Marduk, God of Storms. Gilgamesh has a weapon named after him.
- Odin, the All Father. God of Wisdom, Knowledge, and Magic. Father of Brynhildr and Thor; also the forefather of Sigurd.
- Brynhildr, the eldest of the Valkyries. In life, she was stripped of most of her divinity, died, and become a Heroic Spirit.
- Freyja, the Norse Goddess of Love, summoned into the body of Sitonai.
- Thor, the Norse Thunder God and protector of Midgard. He wields Mjölnir.
- Magni , One of the two Sons of the Thunder God Thor to survive Ragnarok and inherit his Hammer Mjölnir. Magni being the Half-God/Half-Giant son of the Thunder God and the Giantess Járnsaxa.
- Skadi, the Goddess and Jotunn of Ice and bride of the Gods.
- Loki, God of Trickery and Mischief. Father of Fenrir and Jörmungandr.
- Perkunas, God of the Sky, Thunder, and Lightning.
- Anat, Goddess of War.
- Ra, God of the Sun and father of Ozymandias.
- Hathor, Goddess of the Sky.
- Set, God of Chaos.
- Horus, God of the Sky and father of Nitocris.
- Pele, Goddess of Volcanoes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Encyclopedia/Fate/EXTRA CCC
- ↑ Gilgamesh Secret Garden conversations: 1, 2, 3, and 4
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Ancient Titans' Ocean Atlantis: The Day God Is Shot Down, Chapter 10
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 03: The Intel Flauros
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
 Fate/EXTRA material - Encyclopedia: Authority [Miracle], p.179 [T]
Kennou. Authorities are special abilities that fall into a different category than Codecasts, Skills, and Noble Phantasms.
An Authority is a power that is on the level of creating a world, and includes things like altering events, time-flow manipulation, and kingdom building.
Authorities existed in the age known as the Age of Gods, which was about 6000 years ago, but after entering the Common Era human civilization advanced to the point where Authorities were no longer needed, and so Authorities became a relic of the past.
Normal skills achieve a certain result based on some logical process or principle, but Authorities realize a result simply because the user has the right to do so.
A God Spirit Class Servant should naturally possess Authorities, but to use them in the modern age requires a corresponding compensation to be paid (involving strain/damage inflicted on the user).
In CCC the one who swallowed up Moon Cell has reached a level of power that is Authority class.
- ↑ Encyclopedia/Fate/EXTRA CCC
- ↑ Fate/hollow ataraxia - Gorgon's Cellar
 Fate/EXTRA material - Encyclopedia: All the World's Desire [Noble Phantasm], p.158-159 [T]
All the World's Desire [Noble Phantasm]
This is the anti-planetary Noble Phantasm Kiara gains after her reincarnation.
Angra Mainyu is the most self-serving heinous Noble Phantasm of them all where Kiara uses the world to masturbate.
Kiara offers her body in a sexual manner to all living things on Earth, including humans, animals, and plants. By completely accepting all people as is she gains the greatest possible mastery over their senses and carnality.
This Noble Phantasm is derided for being demonic and it’s similar to the living sacrifices used for certain artificial magic ceremonies used the past in order to prove the evil of humans.
It is a vortex of pleasure that melts all sentient beings, and digests their “life” in an instant. While in reality it all happens in an instant, but it feels like an eternity of pleasure.
Regardless of how different the structure of a beings intelligence may be, this vortex affects all without exception. It is not a Noble Phantasm that is limited to affect only those on Earth.
The damage increases if certain conditions are met.
If the target is of the opposite sex, the damage increases.
The more intelligent a being is, the more damage it does.
As far as the setting and lore are concerned, the Servant who would be hit with the least damage would be Archer, and Gilgamesh would be damaged the most.
The reason why this attack’s power, visuals, and scale are so huge is because reincarnated Kiara is a being similar to Saver.
People who devote their life to bringing salvation to Sattvas (living things) are referred to as Bodhisattvas. People who have attained moksha (libertation/release) and become Buddhas are also Bodhisattvas. A Bodhisattva is a god of universe scale and power, and can easily manage things on the scale of the Solar System.
Buddhism has a sense of scale of the universe that stands out from that of other religions. There are concepts like Nayuta (1060) and “The Infinitely Vast Number” (1068) which were created to represent the scale and size of a Buddha.
The entire universe is the domain of a Buddha. In Buddhism the universe in considered to be made up of three billion solar systems (a great trichiliocosm). A galaxy comprises of 3000 solar systems (a small trichiliocosm), and 1000 small trichiliocosms make up a trichiliocosm.
This actually aligns with the real scale of galaxies, galaxy clusters, and super clusters.
India had this stuff figured out over 2000 years ago? Holy crap!
In the initial design phase of the game I submitted some paperwork describing this Noble Phantasm. I thought there would be no way that this gets by CERO untouched, but surprisingly enough it did.
I still have no idea how this was able to make it past them.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Encyclopedia/Fate/EXTRA CCC
- ↑ Encyclopedia/Fate/EXTRA CCC
 Fate/EXTRA material - Encyclopedia: Golden White Face [Circumstances], p.182-183
Golden White Face [Circumstances]
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Fate/Grand Order - Profile of Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Saber)
|Bounded Field • Conceptual Weapon • Gradation Air • Magic • (Second Magic • Third Magic • Fifth Magic) • Magical Spells • Marble Phantasm • Mystic Code • Mystic Eyes • Mystic Eyes of Death Perception • Psychic • Reality Marble|
|Daemon • Demon • Divine Spirit • Doll • Dragon • Familiar • Golem • Homunculus • Humans • Magician • Magus • Phantasmal Species • Spirits • Vampire|
|Holy Grail War|
|Command Spells • Great Grail • Heroic Spirit • Holy Grail • Master • Noble Phantasm • Parameter Rules • Servant • Servant classes • Skill|
|Church • Chaldea Security Organization • Demon Hunter Organization • Mage's Association • The Twenty-seven Dead Apostle Ancestors|
|Akasha • Chants and Incantations • Elements • World • Magic Circuit • Magical Energy • Soul • Magic Crest|