- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Development
- 5 References
Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
Assassin's True Name is EMIYA, the Counter Guardian Kiritsugu Emiya. An assassin who was incarnated as an agent of the Counter Force. Originally, he was not a Heroic Spirit. Although he was an individual who murdered many people as an assassin, his existence has not been engraved in the Throne of Heroes. One of the “imitation Heroic Spirits” also referred to as Counter Guardians, and someone who would have never existed in the proper human history. Yet, this "if that might have been" possibility exists now only due to the threat that attempts to destroy human history itself from its very foundation... in the Grand Order case alone. His soul was called out from the circle of deterrence in response to this threat.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Assassin, in contrast with his counterpart, has white hair and tanned skin color just like EMIYA (Archer). It's likely that his change of hair and skin color occurred from the overextended use of Time Alter magecraft. He usually covers his face with bandages and also wears a hood. He carries a M9 bayonet for close-quarters combat.
Personality[edit | edit source]
EMIYA has little emotions, an authentic battle machine. He kills his targets promptly, without hesitation, and without losing his way. His personality is closer to his adolscent years; his way of being is the adolscent Emiya Kiritsugu himself. Speaking of that again, his spirit is close to the time immediately following him having personally killed his mentor Natalia Kaminski as the "Magus Killer". Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely.
EMIYA exists with no personal motive for he exists as an agent of deterrence. Strictly speaking, succeeding in restorating the Human Order is surely the purpose of his actions. Towards the Master, he boldly speaks out that they will be "unable to cooperate", and it may not become known that the reason he says that is because he extremely does not prefer to be on a united front. Although, by any chance that there is a possiblity for them to deepen their bonds, it seems he will express words different from what he usually speaks.
|Fate/Grand Order - Emiya (Assassin) Quotes [T]|
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- "Einzbern's homunculus. She's supposed to be an unfamiliar companion, so why is my gaze attracted to her...?"
- EMIYA (Archer) / Illyasviel
- "Being near them gives me a complicated feeling. The reason, I don't know."
- Jaguar Man
- "She always looks at me strangely... What is it?"
- "You too."
- "No. You're easy to understand."
- Lord El-Melloi II
- "You... I don't understand."
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
EMIYA exists as a hypothetical possibility only in the Grand Orders. As a result of the Einzbern House not adopting the strategy of hiring an outside Master, he did not meet with the wife he was supposed to meet, and thus did not separate from said wife nor suffer from the frustration from such separation. Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely, and his soul was called out to the circle of deterrence.
Fate/Accel Zero Order[edit | edit source]
EMIYA was deployed by the Counter Force to fix the singularity of the Fourth Holy Grail War. Ritsuka Fujimaru, Mash Kyrielight and Lord El-Melloi II teams up with Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald and Lancer, and they assaulted Caster's lair in Fuyuki's sewers. As Kayneth and Lancer went to the Church to claim their Command Spells reward, Lord El-Melloi II suggest to Ritsuka to look for Ryuunosuke Uryuu. However, EMIYA has already assassinated Ryuunosuke with his knife.
Ritsuka, Mash and Lord El-Melloi II found Ryuunosuke's corpse and Lord El-Melloi II's detection spell has detected EMIYA. EMIYA reveals himself, claiming to have no reason to fight and insists the team to turn back and leave. Romani Archaman thinks he might be related to the source of the distortion as he is a foreign element. Lord El-Melloi II wants to capture EMIYA to learn more about him, however this forces EMIYA to treat the team as his enemies. After the fight, Mash claims that his presence feels different to the other Fourth Holy Grail War Servants, but he is similar to Archer. Meanwhile, Rider and Waver Velvet barged into their fight and destroyed Lord El-Melloi II's Bounded Field, in which EMIYA decided to use this opportunity to escape.
During the fight between the team of Irisviel von Einzbern and Saber against the Chaldea group. EMIYA's ambush attack on Irisviel was unsuccessful when Mash blocked his attack. He specifically targets Irisviel as she is the Grail vessel. There is no-ill will but killing her is the quickest way of dismantling the Grail. Saber attacks him at once. Lord El-Melloi II says that regardless of the Assassin's goals, they can't risk Saber dying, so he orders the Chaldea group to assist Saber. After the fight, EMIYA complains that the Chaldea group aren't even participants of the Fourth Holy Grail War and they shouldn't interfere with his mission. Lord El-Melloi II demands to know the reason behind the assassination attempt. EMIYA's reply was cryptic but nevertheless, he retreats.
After the King's Banquet, EMIYA appears without using his Presence Concealment. He commented that the Chaldea group are becoming more troublesome because the number of allies are growing. Once again, he targets Irisviel so that the war won't reach its final stage. After the fight, Lord El-Melloi II asks EMIYA to wait since they might not be enemies. Lord El-Melloi II deduces that EMIYA doesn't seem to have a Master, so he must be acting as an envoy of the Counter Force. Lord El-Melloi II reveals the truth about Chaldea and the Singularities to the others; furthermore, he presented to EMIYA a method that will completely accomplish his duty without killing Irisviel. EMIYA joins the group, believing that he wants to seek a path without killing Irisviel.
As the group heads toward the cave beneath Ryuudou Temple, Lord El-Melloi II explains the corruption within the Greater Grail. EMIYA questions why he didn't dismantle the Greater Grail in the first place, whereas Lord El-Melloi II says it’s like playing with a huge barrel of nitro-glycerine and one misstep might cause a big problem. EMIYA rambles a bit about how odd it feels to cooperate with someone since his kind usually just gets sent to whichever battlefield to shed blood until it’s solved, but he then gets interrupted as he senses the presence of Hassan of the Hundred Faces nearby.
After the defeat of Black Iri, EMIYA decided to stay in the cavern because he claims that as a Counter Guardian, he will fade away and return to the Throne of Heroes. His true reason was to confront Angra Mainyu so he could take him out without involving anybody else because people from other worlds shouldn't be forced to solve this world's problems.
Salomon: The Grand Time Temple[edit | edit source]
Lady Reines's Case Files[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
He has been shown using a much more advanced version of his specialized Bounded Field, Time Alter, and wielding various weapons, including Combat Knives, his Calico M950, and as well as his Thompson Contender.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Presence Concealment (A+ Rank): A Skill to erase one’s presence. When activated, it is almost impossible for the user to be perceived, even if they are a Servant. However, during the moment of them preparing an attack, the effect will be drastically diminished.
- Independent Action (A Rank): It is primarily a distinct Skill of the Archer Class. A Skill granted to Emiya because he grew accustomed to mobilizing unaided since when he was alive. Even without a magical energy supply from his Master, it becomes possible for him to remain materialized for about a week at most.
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Magecraft (B Rank): Emiya has learned magecraft. From another angle, because he understands magecraft, he consequently excels at the methods of killing mages. With this Skill’s ranking, by all rights, it works as a bonus for all sorts of checks during the moments of doing combat against Casters.
- Affection of the Holy Grail (A+ Rank): Emiya is being deeply loved by the Greater Holy Grail itself of some era. That love is even equivalent to the world’s greatest curse. Due to the existence of this Skill, his Luck rank is being flipped up to even outside the standard. Without meeting specific conditions, it is possible for him to even break through the abilities of enemy Servants that cannot be typically broken through. However, this good luck is also something that mercilessly steals the happiness of others. He himself is not aware of the existence of this Skill, and he sometimes does not even hear the “voices” being whispered to him by the Holy Grail.
Noble Phantasms[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
Creation and Conception[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fate/Grand Order material III - EMIYA (Assassin), p.328-335, translated by Kinalvin at Reddit.
 Fate/Grand Order - EMIYA (Assassin) Profile [T]
EMIYA - Assassin
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Rikiya Koyama
Noble Phantasm: B++
Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
Presence Concealment: A+
Independent Action: A
Chronos Rose: Pick Up Roses While There is Still Time
Rank: B → B+
Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
An assassin who manifested as a proxy of the Counter Force.
Level 1 Bond
Region: Far East
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Gender: Male
His personality is closer to his adolescent years.
Level 2 Bond
Originally, he was not a Heroic Spirit.
An individual who murdered many people as an assassin, but his existence has not been carved in the Throne of Heroes.
A "mock Heroic Spirit" also called guardian, and someone who does not exists in the proper human history.
This "if that might have been possible" exists only due the threat that attempts to destroy human history itself from its very foundation... in the Grand Order case alone.
Level 3 Bond
- Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
He is being deeply loved by the Holy Grail from some era.
Such love is just like the greatest curse in the world.
Due the existence of this Skill, his LCK Rank is being flipped up. It is possible to even breakthrough the abilities of enemy Servants that cannot be overcome except in specific conditions.
However, this good fortune mercilessly steals the happiness of others.
Level 4 Bond
"Pick Up Roses While There is Still Time"
Rank: B Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Time flows, and the flower that smiles today shall wither away completely tomorrow.
The ability to manipulate one's own time flow.
It uses the ability he had while alive "inherent time control (Time Alter)" as a basis.
Level 5 Bond
The operation methods of "inherent time control" is to perform high-speed attacks and movements by means of acceleration of the time flow, and perform covert actions through stagnating the biorhythm by means of deceleration.
Having been sublimated as a Noble Phantasm, this power makes possible for super consecutive attacks that might as well be called invincible in anti-unit combats.
As a result of the Einzbern House not adopting the strategy of hiring an outside Master, he did not met with the wife he was supposed to meet, and thus did not separated from said wife nor suffer from the frustration from such separation. Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely, and his soul was called out to the circle of deterrence.
エミヤ - アサシン
アインツベルン家が外部のマスターを雇用するという戦略を採用しなかった結果、彼は出会うはずだった妻と出 会わず、故にその妻との離別もなくその離別による挫折もなく、結果その鋼の心は鋼のままに、いつしか感情も 枯れ果てて、その魂は抑止の輪へと召し上げられた。
- Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-18: Fallen Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-14: Shadow aiming at Irisviel
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-7: Bluebeard hunting
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-8: Irregular
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-10: Mysterious assassin
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-15: To the Greater Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius