|Hana no Miyako|
Assassin's True Name is EMIYA, the Counter Guardian Kiritsugu Emiya. An assassin who was incarnated as an agent of the Counter Force. Originally, he was not a Heroic Spirit. Although he was an individual who murdered many people as an assassin, his existence has not been engraved in the Throne of Heroes. One of the “imitation Heroic Spirits” also referred to as Counter Guardians, and someone who would have never existed in the proper human history. Yet, this "if that might have been" possibility exists now only due to the threat that attempts to destroy human history itself from its very foundation... in the Grand Order case alone. His soul was called out from the circle of deterrence in response to this threat.
Assassin, in contrast with his counterpart, has white hair and tanned skin color just like EMIYA (Archer). It's likely that his change of hair and skin color occurred from the overextended use of Time Alter magecraft. He usually covers his face with bandages and also wears a hood. He carries a M9 bayonet for close-quarters combat.
EMIYA has little emotions, an authentic battle machine. He kills his targets promptly, without hesitation, and without losing his way. His personality is closer to his adolscent years; his way of being is the adolscent Emiya Kiritsugu himself. Speaking of that again, his spirit is close to the time immediately following him having personally killed his mentor Natalia Kaminski as the "Magus Killer". Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely.
EMIYA exists with no personal motive for he exists as an agent of deterrence. Strictly speaking, succeeding in restorating the Human Order is surely the purpose of his actions. Towards the Master, he boldly speaks out that they will be "unable to cooperate", and it may not become known that the reason he says that is because he extremely does not prefer to be on a united front. Although, by any chance that there is a possiblity for them to deepen their bonds, it seems he will express words different from what he usually speaks.
|Fate/Grand Order - Emiya (Assassin) Quotes [T]|
- "Einzbern's homunculus. She's supposed to be an unfamiliar companion, so why is my gaze attracted to her...?"
- EMIYA (Archer) / Illyasviel
- "Being near them gives me a complicated feeling. The reason, I don't know."
- Jaguar Man
- "She always looks at me strangely... What is it?"
- "You too."
- "No. You're easy to understand."
- Lord El-Melloi II
- "You... I don't understand."
EMIYA exists as a hypothetical possibility only in the Grand Orders. As a result of the Einzbern House not adopting the strategy of hiring an outside Master, he did not meet with the wife he was supposed to meet, and thus did not separate from said wife nor suffer from the frustration from such separation. Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely, and his soul was called out to the circle of deterrence.
Fate/Accel Zero Order
Because certain victory for the Einzberns in this 4th Grail War risked the activation of the Grail and therefore the release of All the World's Evils, the Counter Force deployed EMIYA to put an end to the war. EMIYA then searched for Irisviel von Einzbern, knowing she is the Lesser Grail and her death is the quickest way to dismantle the Grail.
During his search, he comes to the sewers and assassinates Gilles de Rais' Master, Ryuunosuke Uryuu. Afterward, he conceals his presence when Ritsuka's party comes to kill Ryuunosuke, only to find him already dead. But El-Melloi II unveils and captures EMIYA with Unreturning Formation. EMIYA demands to be released, having no reason to fight the group. El-Melloi II refuses, though, because they need answers from him. EMIYA resists, forcing the group to fight him to capture him for interrogation. The fight interrupted, though, when Iskandarr arrives and inadvertently destroys El-Melloi II's Bounded Field, allowing EMIYA to escape.
Later, near the Fuyuki River, EMIYA tries to assassinate Irisviel while her Servant, Artoria Pendragon, is fighting Ritsuka's party. Fortunately for Irisviel, Mash protects her. EMIYA informs Irisviel that while he bears no ill will toward her, her death is the quickest way to dismantle the Grail. Hearing this, Artoria fights EMIYA to defend Irisviel, prompting the group to join forces with her so El-Melloi II's plan isn't ruined. EMIYA is eventually forced to retreat.
He later arrives at the Einzbern Castle after Iskandar had left with Lancelot, still intending to kill Irisviel. After defeating him, El-Melloi II deduces EMIYA is a Counter Guardian deployed to stop the Grail's activation. He then asks him if he still wishes to kill Irisviel even with another way to dismantle the Grail. EMIYA is conflicted, having believed there was no other choice but to kill Irisivel. But he accepts El-Melloi II's proposal to spare Irisviel, though he doesn't understand why he feels this way. He then accompanies the others to the Grail's Cavern.
There EMIYA asks El-Melloi II why he didn't dismantle the Greater Grail beforehand. El-Melloi II answers that one mishap could easily bring about disaster. EMIYA thinks about how odd it is for him to work with someone else, having not done so in a long time. He and El-Melloi II then detect Hassan of Hundred Faces. After they kill her, the group proceeds to the Grail's Chamber.
There they encounter and defeat Iskandar. After he disappears, though, El-Melloi II is ambushed and rendered unconscious by Lancelot, now Zouken Matou's Servant. The others kill Lancelot, but that, unfortunately, triggers the Grail's activation. Zouken uses Irisviel's magical energy to hasten the process. A figure resembling Irisviel called Black Iri then emerges from the Greater Grail and proceeds to devour Zouken. She then goes to devour the group, saying five Heroic Spirits aren't enough to fill her. Artoria and Diarmuid Ua Duibhne hold her off while the others escape.
After El-Melloi II transfers Zhuge Liang's powers to Waver Velvet, the others return to help Artoria and Diarmuid. Black Iri is destroyed along with the Grail, so Artoria and Diarmuid disappear without its support. As Irisviel agrees to return to Chaldea with Ritsuka's party, EMIYA says he'll stay until he's called back to the Throne. He and Irisviel then confess to each other that they thought only death would separate them, finding what happened to be pleasant. EMIYA thanks Irisviel for him being able to protect something. Irisviel bids him farewell, glad that she met him.
After the others return to Chaldea, EMIYA tells Angra Mainyu to come out. Angra Mainyu does so and asks EMIYA why he didn't warn the others about him since they only destroyed the container, and not him, the contents. EMIYA answers he didn't want to rely on others intervening from another world. He also finds it logical to deal with Angra Mainyu alone since the latter's curse solely belongs to this world. Angra Mainyu criticizes him for continuing to be a Hero of Justice even after death. EMIYA has no regrets for his chosen path, though, saying he and Angra Mainyu will save and curse the world, respectively. Angra Mainyu asks for EMIYA's name. EMIYA uncovers his face and says his name is Kiritsugu Emiya. He declares he'll save the world like always, then fights Angra Mainyu.
Final Singularity: Solomon
Lady Reines's Case Files
He has been shown using a much more advanced version of his specialized Bounded Field, Time Alter, and wielding various weapons, including Combat Knives, his Calico M950, and as well as his Thompson Contender.
- Presence Concealment (A+ Rank): A Skill to erase one’s presence. When activated, it is almost impossible for the user to be perceived, even if they are a Servant. However, during the moment of them preparing an attack, the effect will be drastically diminished.
- Independent Action (A Rank): It is primarily a distinct Skill of the Archer Class. A Skill granted to Emiya because he grew accustomed to mobilizing unaided since when he was alive. Even without a magical energy supply from his Master, it becomes possible for him to remain materialized for about a week at most.
- Magecraft (B Rank): Emiya has learned magecraft. From another angle, because he understands magecraft, he consequently excels at the methods of killing mages. With this Skill’s ranking, by all rights, it works as a bonus for all sorts of checks during the moments of doing combat against Casters.
- Affection of the Holy Grail (A+ Rank): Emiya is being deeply loved by the Greater Holy Grail itself of some era. That love is even equivalent to the world’s greatest curse. Due to the existence of this Skill, his Luck rank is being flipped up to even outside the standard. Without meeting specific conditions, it is possible for him to even break through the abilities of enemy Servants that cannot be typically broken through. However, this good luck is also something that mercilessly steals the happiness of others. He himself is not aware of the existence of this Skill, and he sometimes does not even hear the “voices” being whispered to him by the Holy Grail.
Creation and Conception
- The family name Emiya is rendered in kanji (衛宮), while EMIYA's name is rendered in katakana (エミヤ). Due to the inability to replicate this difference in English, the name of EMIYA is either capitalized or italicized at times to indicate the difference.
- Fate/Grand Order material III - EMIYA (Assassin), p.328-335, translated by Kinalvin at Reddit.
 Fate/Grand Order - EMIYA (Assassin) Profile [T]
EMIYA - Assassin
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Rikiya Koyama
Noble Phantasm: B++
Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
Presence Concealment: A+
Independent Action: A
Chronos Rose: Pick Up Roses While There is Still Time
Rank: B → B+
Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
An assassin who manifested as a proxy of the Counter Force.
Level 1 Bond
Region: Far East
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Gender: Male
His personality is closer to his adolescent years.
Level 2 Bond
Originally, he was not a Heroic Spirit.
An individual who murdered many people as an assassin, but his existence has not been carved in the Throne of Heroes.
A "mock Heroic Spirit" also called guardian, and someone who does not exists in the proper human history.
This "if that might have been possible" exists only due the threat that attempts to destroy human history itself from its very foundation... in the Grand Order case alone.
Level 3 Bond
- Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
He is being deeply loved by the Holy Grail from some era.
Such love is just like the greatest curse in the world.
Due the existence of this Skill, his LCK Rank is being flipped up. It is possible to even breakthrough the abilities of enemy Servants that cannot be overcome except in specific conditions.
However, this good fortune mercilessly steals the happiness of others.
Level 4 Bond
"Pick Up Roses While There is Still Time"
Rank: B Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Time flows, and the flower that smiles today shall wither away completely tomorrow.
The ability to manipulate one's own time flow.
It uses the ability he had while alive "inherent time control (Time Alter)" as a basis.
Level 5 Bond
The operation methods of "inherent time control" is to perform high-speed attacks and movements by means of acceleration of the time flow, and perform covert actions through stagnating the biorhythm by means of deceleration.
Having been sublimated as a Noble Phantasm, this power makes possible for super consecutive attacks that might as well be called invincible in anti-unit combats.
As a result of the Einzbern House not adopting the strategy of hiring an outside Master, he did not met with the wife he was supposed to meet, and thus did not separated from said wife nor suffer from the frustration from such separation. Consequentially, his heart of steel remained as steel, his emotions eventually withering away completely, and his soul was called out to the circle of deterrence.
エミヤ - アサシン
アインツベルン家が外部のマスターを雇用するという戦略を採用しなかった結果、彼は出会うはずだった妻と出 会わず、故にその妻との離別もなくその離別による挫折もなく、結果その鋼の心は鋼のままに、いつしか感情も 枯れ果てて、その魂は抑止の輪へと召し上げられた。
- Favour of the Holy Grail: A+
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order - ACT-18: Fallen Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-14: The Shadow Chasing Irisviel
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-8: Irregular
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-10: The Mysterious Assassin
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-15: To the Greater Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-16: King's Pride
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-17: Wish of the Three Founding Families
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-18: The Fallen Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius