Fate/Extella Link (フェイト／エクステラ リンク, Feito/Ekusutera Rinku?) is a video game by Marvelous. It is set for release on June 7th, 2018 in Japan, March 19, 2019 for the United States and Europe with a worldwide release yet to be announced.
Set after the events of Fate/Extella
- Nero Claudius
- Cu Chulainn
- Li Shuwen
- Tamamo no Mae
- Elizabeth Bathory
- Lü Bu Fèngxiān
- Jeanne d'Arc
- Artoria Pendragon
- Francis Drake
- Robin Hood
- Darius III
- Gilles de Rais
- Karl der Große
- Altera Larva
Fate/Extella Link retains the same mechanics as its predecessor with additional features and changes.
- Stages now have more varied mission objectives that need to be completed the stage. One example is to conquer a sector with a Mana Point to remove the buff on an enemy Servant.
- Noble Phantasms no longer require collecting three Phantasm Circuits to activate them. Instead a gauge is required is need to filled by collecting golden mana spheres from defeated enemies while Moon Drive is active.
- Extella Manuever is replaced by Drive Skill
- Any Servant can now be selected for a story mission.
- Acquiring several Install Skills of the same type will combine them automatically.
- The mini-map now gives a clearer indication of the current locations of enemies and allies, including their current status.
- Phantasm Circuits are now regular items that quickly fill the Noble Phantasm gauge.
- Enemies can be dealt more damage if attacked from behind. Assassins deal even more damage from behind.
- It is no longer possible to switch between Servants in the middle of a stage.
- Side Stories is replaced by Extra Battle.
- Active Skills: special actions that may deal greater damage or having a greater range than normal attacks, each requiring a cooldown before they can be reused. Each Servant have their own unique set of Active Skills. Leveling up a Servant will grant a new Active Skill while strengthening existing ones. Each Active Skill categorized by a color that designate their type: Blue is attack, Purple is movement limitation, Orange is strengthening, Green is healing, and Yellow is countering.
- Drive Skill: a powerful attack that can activated while Moon Drive is active, but activating it will instantly end Moon Drive.
- Class Skills: Active Skills that have greater effect on certain Servant classes. The class of the strengthened skill is indicated by the class icon. Saber and Assassin strengthen close range attacks skills. Lancer and Rider strengthen dash attack skills. Berserker and Ruler strengthen area attack skills. Archer strengthen long range attack skills. Caster strengthen discharge attack skills. Class Skills for classes other than the Player Servant are gained by either linking with allied Servants or equipping an Install Skill specific to a class.
- Base Camp: Charles Patricius, A flying fortress that serves as Hakuno's base of operations divided into My Room, Barracks, and Strategy Room. Hakuno can also walk around the camp, and converse with Servants. Special dialogue between Servants can also be unlocked depending on the selected Servant and the Servant being conversed with.
- My Room: Servants are selected, conversed with, customized, and Mystic Codes are crafted and equipped here.
- Barracks: Servants not currently in use can be conversed with in their personal rooms here. The Bond Level with a Servant can also be checked here.
- Strategy Room: Serves the same function as My Room with the addition of assigning Servants to the Player Servant's Support Team before heading to battle.
- Hakuno appears on the battlefield to command their Servants. If the enemy forces them to retreat, the battle will be lost. Servants in the same sector as Hakuno will reduce the cooldown of their Active Skills. If they are captured, Code Casts and Command Spells become unavailable.
- Rush Stop: An action triggered by unleashing a combo that ends with a Class Skill to launch an enemy into air.
- Rush Attack: A flurry of attack that can unleashed during Rush Stop.
- LINK State: When the Player Servant is near allied Servants, indicated by a line connecting them, they will share Class Kills with them. Triggering a Rush Attack while in LINK state will prompt nearby allied Servants to join in the attack.
- Mystic Code+: Mystic Codes that are stronger than base Mystic Codes that earned by completing a stage with an EX rank.
- Support Team: Servants selected to aid the Player Servant under specific circumstances. For example, they may guard the player from an enemy attack, or join the player in an attack. A Servant's support actions will evolve based on their Bond Level.
- Secret Folder: An item folder containing rare Install Skills not earned from defeating Aggressors. Opening a Secret Folder requires defeating the enemies that appear in the circular area surrounding it.
- Extra Battle: a mode where the player can complete special stages, some are extra difficult versions of those in the story. Experience and Install Skills are acquired in greater quantities in this mode than in regular stages.
- New Attack Programs
- Gatekeeper: a new Attack Program that seals off a sector with a wall. Defeating it will disable the wall.
- Golden and Sliver Scouts: Golden Scouts are Attacks Programs that drop a large amount of QP. Sliver Scouts drop experience items instead. Both variant will instantly flee if the Player Servant gets too close. They are rare Attack Programs not guaranteed to be in every map. An icon will display on mini-map to indicate the Player Servant is in the same sector as Golden or Sliver Scout.
- Player Servants can now be transferred to any Sector of a map at the cost of one stroke of the Command Spell.
- Double Skill: a fusion of two Installation Skills that combines the effects of both into one skill at cost of QP. These skills are indicated by their white color.
- Multiplayer: an online 4v4 competitive game mode.
- King of the Hill: Each team competes to occupy Score Zones in a sector to earn points. The team that occupies a Score Zone unopposed will earn points every second. Whichever the team that earns the maximum number of points, or has more points when the match time expires, wins. If both teams have a Servant occupy the same Score Zone, neither will earn points until one forces the other out. The Score Zone will periodically move to different Sectors. If, when time expires, the losing team still has Servants occupying the Score Zone, the match will continue in Sudden Death. If the losing team can still occupy the Score Zone, they have a chance of earning enough points to win. However if that team's Servants are driven out the Score Zone, their team will lose immediately. While in Sudden Death, the Score Zone will not move.
- Class Tower: Structures that periodically appear during the match, each keyed to a certain class. Servants whose class matches a tower will be able to attack and take control of it. When a tower is taken, the team who took it will gain a buff, such as increased attack or defense. The buff will be disabled though if the tower is attacked and deactivated; any class can deactivate a tower. Some Class Towers will fill the Nobel Phantasm gauge to the max. Conquering these particular towers is the only way to use Noble Phantasms in Multiplayer.
- ↑ Gematsu: http://gematsu.com/2018/04/fate-extella-link-coming-west-winter
- ↑ Gematsu: http://www.xseedgames.com/2019/02/19/return-to-the-battle-for-the-future-fate-extella-link-launches-on-pc-and-consoles-on-march-19/