Fate/Grand Order -First Order- is the 74-minutes movie adaptation of the first chapter of Fate/Grand Order. It was first aired in Japan on December 31, 2016 at 10:00 PM as part of the Fate Project Ōmisoka TV Special ~First & Next Order~ on TV channels Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV and BS11 as well as on video sharing website Niconico.
- While the male player character stars as Ritsuka Fujimaru, the female player character is seen as one of the other 47 Master candidates during Olga Marie's briefing.
- EMIYA and Medusa are blackened instead of Shadow Servants.
- Medusa is also Lancer instead of Rider.
- Cú Chulainn fights EMIYA on his own while the others run on ahead, instead of everyone fighting EMIYA together.
The movie was directed by Studio Lay-duce's Hitoshi Nanba with assistant director Takurō Tsukada. The script was written by Ayumi Sekine and character designs were adapted by Keisuke Goto. The music was composed by Ryo Kawasaki, with sound direction by Half HP Studio's Takeshi Takadera. The theme song is Colour (色彩, Shikisai?) by Maaya Sakamoto.
Aniplex of America announced on December 27, 2016 that they would be streaming the movie at the same time as Japan on Crunchyroll and Daisuki. Fate/Grand Order was not available outside of Japan at the time. A few weeks before the game's release in North America, Aniplex announced they would be producing an English dub for First Order, and a month later announced a release date for the home video release on October 24, 2017.
- Anime News Network - Fate/Grand Order TV Anime Special's 1st Promo Video Reveals New Year's Eve Premiere
- Anime News Network - Aniplex USA to Stream Fate/Grand Order, Granblue Fantasy Anime on Crunchyroll, Daisuki
- Anime News Network - Aniplex USA Produces English Dub for Fate/Grand Order - First Order Anime, Hosts Premiere at Anime Expo
- Anime News Network - Aniplex USA Outlines Home Video Releases For Fate/Grand Order: First Order, Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Anime