- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Forms and Alternate Versions
- 5 Development
- 6 References
One of the Oni that appeared in the Imperial Capital during the Heian period, exhaustively carrying out all manners of atrocities. It has been said that Ibaraki-douji is regarded as a subordinate of Shuten-douji who lived in Mount Ooe; during the "Oni Extermination of Mount Ooe" by Minamoto-no-Raikou and her Four Heavenly Kings, Ibaraki crossed swords with Watanabe-no-Tsuna of the Four Heavenly Kings. Due to her anecdotes and vestiges, she is classified as an "Anti-Hero".
Ibuki-douji, who was born from the Great God Ibuki of Mount Ibuki, that is, Yamata no Orochi, and a human. In other words, Shuten-douji. Indeed, it was only appropriate for Abe-no-Seimei, an authority of ancient Kyoto, to pay attention to such a being. However, the one who, in reality, lead over the Onis of Mount Ooe is none other than Ibaraki-douji.
Despite being a mighty existence, the strong but extremely pleasure-seeking Shuten-douji had not even a bit of interest in commanding the swarm of Oni herself. As far as Shuten is concerned, the only one who could lead the bunch of Oni that were being drawn to her position as the "master who controls the mouintain" is her equal, Ibaraki-douji, and no other.
The one who erected a solemnly majestic palace at Mount Ooe, who had cherished the pleasure-seeking Shuten-douji as her "sworn sibling brought up together with her", who had commanded a group of Oni that were each a match for a thousand warriors, and who had exerted tyranny on ancient Kyoto, had been Ibaraki-douji herself; a "raging Oni" who had made the people fall into the depths of terror.
Ibaraki-douji's status as an Oni is highly ranked; a sharp-witted and fierce commander whose strong point is guerilla warfare. If one thinks about it, together with her army of Oni, she should have crushed any kind of strength from the humans, even if it is Raikou and her Four Heavenly Kings. (Or at least that's what she thought.)
The one thing that tore down Ibaraki-douji's stronghold is none other than the pleasure of Shuten-douji's, her sworn sibling who she should love more than anything. For the sake of speaking with Sakata Kintoki, Shuten had guided Raikou and the Four Heavenly Kings into her stronghold, and even while knowing it was poison, she had drank the Providential Oni Poison. It was the height of pleasure for Shuten-douji. And Ibaraki-douji failed to stop her.
The sole survivor of Mount Ooe's Onis, Ibaraki-douji attacked Watanabe no Tsuna on the Rashoumon (or perhaps the bridge of Ichijou-modoribashi) at the Imperial Capital and ended up having her arm cut off. While said arm was then temporarily snatched away as a spoil of war, Ibaraki-douji would manage to later retrieve it and then disappeared to somewhere.
Ibaraki-douji is a rather short Servant. Her hair is light yellow, with two curled bangs on the sides of her head and cut straight after reaching her thighs. Ibaraki-douji's eyes are of a glimmering gold. The ears are pointed and the earrings she wears resemble black beads. Her horns protrude right out of her forehead, going from black to red. Ibaraki's outfit seems to be a loosely worn, short-skirted yukata with a white, low-cut undershirt. Her yukata, of the same color as her hair, possesses long extensions on her sleeves, decorated with a multi-colored floral pattern. Outside the yukata, she wears a string of large black beads, resembling those of her earrings, while on the inside, she wears a wine-colored sash, tied into a bow on her back, with a yellow hexagonal pattern on each end. With her yukata worn loosely, her shoulders are exposed as a result.
Her nails are sharp like the talons of a beast, black by nature. Her hands and feet are of an unnatural blood-red, and slowly transitions into her pale skin in the form of tribal-like tattoos that reach from her hands to her shoulders and from her feet to below the knees. She is barefoot, but black strips are tied around the instep of each foot.
Her signature weapon is a great blade of bone that only the demonkin may hold. A mass of curses and grudges incomparable with the likes of swords made by iron.
In her second Ascension, Ibaraki-douji's head is decorated by a set of ribbons, and an additional sash is slumped over her left shoulder and covering her torso. Her hair also begins to turn into fire midway through.
In her third Ascension, her headwear gets a crown of feathers attached to it, a shimenawa-like rope appears around her waist, tied into a a knot, and the flames of her hair increased in length and took on the appearance of wings.
An Oni born in this world with an inhuman appearance. In her childhood, Ibaraki-douji was strictly disclipined by her mother, who descended from a noble bloodline, to learn how to hold pride as an Oni. Then again, when seen from the perspective of a third party, one cannot really see that Oni mother's training as something filled with love. Though it's pretty close to harassment.
To summarize it, Ibaraki-douji is self-aware of her responsibility as the child of her noble mother, to have the last of the Onis, a kind being eradicated by humans, act as a group. In order to do that, Ibaraki established a standard rule, and for any of the Onis that break said rules, she would spank them with an iron staff. (Of course, Shuten is the sole exception.) She is a demon, so from the humans' viewpoints, she is unmistakably a wicked beast. But at her root, she is a belle who respects order and ponders over the fate of her brethren.
While Ibaraki-douji's appearance exudes innocence, that very state of being is that of an Oni. Hurting humans, devouring humans, loving blood. However, she does not have much of a disposition in the way of selfishly enjoying slaughter and massacre. Her nature is not that of an Oni that brings disorder to the world; in the end, she devours humans as an Oni, as a living being. One can say that she is close to that of a wild animal. For example, even if she appears to be fascinated with sweets, her nature is indeed not that of a young human girl. Depending on the circumstances, she just might devour even the human who enticed her with sweets. Never ever take a lion for a cat. Never. Ever. Yet... If one actually succeeds on feeding her, she just might display a lovely smile.
Ibaraki-douji's wish for the Holy Grail is "to see the smiling face of Shuten." The smile of her sworn sibling, one without worry, without sorrow, and without hesitation, is indeed the source of Ibaraki-douji's everything. Be it the famed-in-Kyoto Abe-no-Seimei, or Minamoto-no-Raikou, or her powerful Four Heavenly Kings, Ibaraki is unperturbed in her opposition against all of them, wishing only for that single smile even unto her death.
- Ibaraki-douji's beloved sworn partner. She feels happiness when Shuten is besides her, but on the other hand, Ibaraki does understand that it was being with Shuten that brought ruin to Mount Ooe. She had abandoned her Oni subordinates for her love for Shuten, completely running counter to her mother's precept. Due to that, Ibaraki-douji conceals her feelings of friendship and affection for Shuten-douji. (Or so she thought anyways.)
- "Hate her. Just once, I want to kill her, just once, but there's just no way against that one."
- Sakata Kintoki (Berserker)
- "Hate him. Even killing him twice won't be enough. If you go to the point of almost killing someone, it would be as if you've already committed the act anyway, no?"
- Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
- "Hate him. But at least his steel horse is not half bad. Heard that it is a dreadful steel bear known as the GOLDEN HUGE BEAR MkI. With that kind of name, of course I will feel curious."
- But, Ibaraki occasionally would like to exchange words instead of swords. A raging intention to kill, and sheer curiosity. A bit bewildered that two such conflicting thoughts resides within her, but why... when telling Shuten this, she smiles and whispered "Finally, Ibaraki acts prim and demon-like too." Why...?
- Hard to deal with. One of the Great Monsters, yet blending in with the human world. Just reminiscing about it is scary enough already.
- Robin Hood
- "Sage of the forest. He was ostracized out by his village. Maybe I shall keep this forest dwelling sage company."
Ibaraki and Shuten-douji wake up in Kyoto, finding the Grail in front of them filled with wine. Shuten drank the wine first, with Ibaraki following suit after some peer pressure from the former. After Shuten fell asleep, the Grail-influenced wine reacted to Ibaraki's inner wish to go on a rampage with Shuten.But that wish was twisted into rampaging with Shuten's power. As a result, Shuten's power was absorbed into Ibaraki, eventually rendering Shuten unconscious. Then, in a panic, Ibaraki captures her and shuts herself behind a large gate.
When Ritsuka's party comes to the gate, Ibaraki shows the unconscious Shuten floating behind and declares she'll sacrifice her. She believes Sakata Kintoki is glaring behind sunglasses, though she doesn't why he'd be worried about Shuten when he tricked and slew her. Kintoki shouts he doesn't care what Ibaraki does, telling her to take her fight with Shuten somewhere else. He also believes Shuten will eat Ibaraki from the inside if the latter ate her. In response, Ibaraki summons the Great Grudge of Rashoumon, and declares she will devour everyone. The group then fight her. She and Kintoki are evenly matched, so she retreats beyond the gate.
The next day, Kintoki defeats Ibarki with Golden Spark. Ibaraki says it shouldn't be possible for humans to best her, who's above all oni, even if they are Heroic Spirits. Kintoki calls her child pretending to be above anything, noting she lacked the guts she needed to the very end. Ibaraki denies she lacks anything, but Ritsuka deduces she never ate Shuten. Ibaraki replies she only said that in a hypothetical sense and asks if she seems the type who could eat Shuten. She respects Shuten and hasn't harmed her. In the first place, she'd be too scared to do so, feeling Shuten would kill her. Insulted by Ritsuka calling her weak, Ibaraki learns their name and declares she'll curse it to the end of time. She gets even more frustrated when not even Mash fears her. Kintoki realizes Ibaraki captured Shuten and gave alcohol to the humans because there was too much for her. Ibaraki acknowledges her loss and the group's strength. She then retreats, saying she will make them deeply regret the next time they insult her.
Seventh Singularity: Babylonia
Salomon: The Grand Time Temple
Ibaraki-douji was the boss of all the Oni on Mt. Oooe. Although Shuten-douji also apparently lived there, Ibaraki treated her as her surperior, saying Shuten had something she lacked. Ibaraki states she could have never defeated Shuten-douji.
In combat, Ibaraki-douji can perform slashes by means of a large war sword. The Bone Sword. A sword not made by the metal tempered by the fires of hell, but thoroughly tempered over several hundreds of days using the bones of the Oni Kind, the firmest and most solid substance above land; a first-rate sword with an ominous aura wafting around it. Unsigned. Ibaraki claims it to be a great blade of bone only an Oni Kind can hold, a mass of curses and grudges incomparable with the likes of swords made by iron.
During the Rashomon event, Ibaraki's strength was greatly enhanced by absorbing most of Shuten-douji's power. In this state, she is no longer the Ibaraki Sakata Kintoki knew. Kintoki states she might be strong enough that Ritsuka Fujimaru could throw all his Servants at her and only have a 50/50 chance of victory. Although in life she was an Oni who used to hide behind Shuten's shadow, she has grown up to reach the level of a god. During this event, Sakata Kintoki and Mash Kyrielight are also a lot stronger than normal due to the Singularity's pseudo Holy Grail granting Kintoki's wish to reunite with Shuten Douji. Due to being overflowing with extra power, Kintoki deems Ibaraki a worthy opponent. Similarly, Ibaraki also states that wrestling Kintoki is like wrestling a mountain, and that their fight won't stop until one of them is dead. By fighting Ibaraki multiple times over, Mash and Kintoki manage to wear her down bit by bit. Although Ibaraki used Blaze, Sougenbi against them, they were able to block it. Despite Mash being surprised Ibaraki could summon so much latent power, Kintoki says that was basically her last rally, and that she won't be able to use it again. Although Ibaraki had so much stamina Mash wondered if it was inexhaustible, during their final fight, Kintoki's Golden Spark finally managed to deal a fatal hit. Ibaraki was confused by this outcome, saying she stands above all Oni, and that Humans should not be able to slay her, even if they are Heroic Spirits. Kintoki says she is being ridiculous, and that she's not above anything. She was still "a child just pretending to be", lacking the guts she needed to the very end. She hadn't eaten Shuten completely.
- Mad Enhancement (B Rank): Rank up all Parameters, but takes away reason for the most part. Due to the class specific skill combining simultaneously with her oni kin special trait, she can exceptionally control herself. When she does so, she possesses the ability to reason and make composed conversation.
- Oni-kind Demon (A Rank): A skill representing the demonic nature and the superpower of an oni. Only pure and mixed-blood oni kin can acquire this skill. It is a composite skill combining skills such as Natural Demon, Monstrous Strength, Charisma, Mana Burst, but in this work the effect is adjusted. In the case of Ibaraki Douji, her Mana Burst becomes "flame". One blow from and oni combining a high rank Strength, A rank Monstrous Strength, and A rank Mana Burst would result in an astounding amount of destructive force, devastating the target.
- Disengage (A Rank): The ability to withdraw from battle. Returning disadvantageous battle to its initial state. From an anecdote where she managed to splendidly wtihdrew from battle when Watanabe fought her and had her hand severed with his famed sword "Higekiri". It allowed her to retreat from the battlefield before Sakata Kintoki could fire Golden Spark.
- Shapeshift (A Rank): Free transformation of her form. It's possible for her to shapeshift to other form such as a child or even giant. Due to her basic physique frame no longer growing anymore, Ibaraki Douji uses this skill to the extreme, zealously striving everyday to become the great oni anyone and everyone would fear.
Ibaraki's main Noble Phantasm is Great Grudge of Rashoumon. Although it was powerful enough to send Sakata Kintoki flying, it didn't cause him severe damage. Mash Kyrielight and Sakata Kintoki working together are able to block Ibaraki's "Blaze, Sougenbi" variant of this Noble Phantasm, although she retreats before they can counter-attack.
Forms and Alternate Versions
Summer is here. Speaking of summer, there is the summer festival. Speaking of the festival, it's gorgeous, full of excitement, and there are lots of delicious stuff at the night fair. Indeed, it's not bad of an event at all.
...I noticed classes change when they swap into their summer attires. There were many Noble Phantasms that changed. Maybe mine changed as well.
I don't really understand the reason, but I shall try on this Saint Graph for now! Ibaraki Dōji enjoys the summer days to its fullest.
She is your same-as-always Ibaraki Dōji. It seems she didn't change too much in character. If you look from another angle, it's more or less whether if she is "somewhat in a good mood" or not. Pointing it out will surely get you bitten, yet this is strange to even Shuten Dōji. "She is squirmy and exhilirated, so much like a child. Have you ever loved the ocean this much?" Yet, Ibaraki doesn't bite.
- Magic Resistance (C Rank): Repels most Magecraft, but can not defend against High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
- Mad Enhancement (D Rank): One's Strength and Endurance parameters are raised, but their sense of reason is stolen away. It's a Class Skill that remained from her time as a Berserker even after her Saint Graph has been changed, but due to combining with her racial characteristic as an Oni, it can be controlled exceptionally well. While in control, her sense of reason remains intact and she is also capable of conversing calmly.
- Oni-kind Demon (Water) (B Rank): A variation of the skill that expresses the supernatural power and demonic nature of the oni. The nature of her Mana Burst has also changed to "water". ‘Isn’t that already a Kappa?' or so Ibaraki states her suspicions. 'Is it because my Saint Graph changed?' 'No, wait. Now that I mentioned it, a bit before something, I think I recall Shuten-douji tampering with my bones or something and since then my body's condition felt different...' What the heck, if it's something from Shuten then it can't be bad!‘ Such thoughts go through Ibaraki's head and she cracks a wide grin. Good for her.
- I Will Not Go Home Yet! (B++ Rank): A skill resulting from the Disengage skill going through an unexpected transformation. ‘Evening has come, but I want to play more on the beach so I don't want to return to the inn yet.' 'Even if it's night time, I want to play.' 'Still, if everyone goes back I have no choice but to do the same. Since playing by myself is no fun...‘ The feelings of a downhearted Ibaraki are expressed in this skill.
- Summertime Trouble Girl (A Rank): Ibaraki who is brimming with a playful spirit can be easily found in the center of a disturbance. A skill that invites both weal and woe.─────Now then, will an oni or a snake come out?
Creation and Conception
Comment from Illustrator
"Ibaraki-douji's start is keeping her cuteness as much as I can while still keeping her unique part as an Oni, I think... The beginning concept was a deformed sort of gross-but-cute. Eventually what's left is only her hands and feet, her nonexistent eyebrow, and her long horns; but in the initial concept, she doesn't even have exactly 5 fingers. Her other body parts were finetuned and then it reached her current concept. The complete version is her second form, and from there, I made it simpler for her first form and add stuffs in for her last one. It was such a showy and luxurious design, so I had lots of fun drawing her."
- Fate/Grand Order material IV - Ibaraki-douji, p.048-059, translated by castor212 at Beast's Lair.
 Fate/Grand Order - Ibaraki Douji (Berserker) Profile [T]
Ibaraki Douji - Berserker
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Nao Toyama
Noble Phantasm: C
Demon of the Oni Kind: A
Mad Enhancement: B
Great Grudge of Rashoumon
During the Heian period, one of the oni that appeared on the imperial capital and exhaustively carried out atrocities.
Regarded as a subordinate of the Shuten Douji that lived in Mt. Ooe, it has been said that - during the "oni extermination of Mt. Ooe" by Minamoto Raikou and her Big Four - she crossed sword with Watanabe Tsuna of the Big Four.
In the anecdote of the Rashoumon, she appears in the figure of "a beautiful woman".
Level 1 Bond
Source: Fairy-tale books and the likes
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Gender: Female
Due her anecdotes and vestiges, she is classified as a "anti-hero".
Level 2 Bond
The sole survivor of Mt. Ooe's oni, she attacked Watanabe Tsuna on the Rashoumon (or the Ichijou-modoribashi) at the imperial capital and ended up having her arm cut off.
While said arm was temporarily snatched away as a spoil of war, Ibaraki would later retrieve it and disappear to somewhere.
Level 3 Bond
In actual fact--- she is not Shuten Douji's subordinate, but it is rather believed that Ibaraki Douji existed as "the ringleader of Mt. Ooe's oni".
(Despite being a mighty existence, the extremely pleasure-seeking Shuten had no intentions of commanding the swarm of oni herself)
Level 4 Bond
The one who erected a solemn palace at Mt. Ooe, cherished Shuten Douji as a sworn brother, commanded a group of oni that were each a match for a thousand warriors and exerted tyranny on ancient Kyoto was Ibaraki Douji herself; a "raging oni" that made people fall into the depths of terror.
Level 5 Bond
- Demon of the Oni Kind: A
A Skill that represents the superpower as well as the demonic nature as an oni.
A mixed Skill of Natural Demon, Monstrous Strength, Charisma, Prana Burst and etc; but some adjustment has been applied to its effects in this work.
There are many concerned examples in which the form of Prana Burst is "Heat".
In Ibaraki's case, it is "Flames".
Her wish for the Holy Grail is “to see Shuten’s smiling face”.
A smile without a hint anxiety, doubt or concern from her sworn sibling is indeed the source behind Ibaraki Douji’s everything.
Even when opposing Abe no Seimei or Minamoto Raikou and her Big Four, Ibaraki wished for nothing but a single smile--
茨木童子 - バーサーカー
- Demon of the Oni Kind: A
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Conclusion - Awakening From a Drunken Dream
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Opening Act: Heiian Sakura Front Line
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Back From Zero
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashoumon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Drunkenness and Relaxation
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashoumon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Alcoholic Fog in the Demonic Capital
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashoumon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - The Circumstance of the Oni
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Shuten's Memories
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Ibaraki's Obstinacy
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Showdown - Defeating the Oni
- Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia, Section 5: Welcome to the Jungle
- Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - The Circumstances of the Oni
- Fate/Grand Order - Ibaraki-douji's Bond Craft Essence: Bone Sword (Unsigned)
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Drunkeness and Relaxation
- Fate/Grand Order - Rashomon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken Dreams, Chase Battle - Ibaraki's Obstinacy
- Fate/Grand Order material VII - Ibaraki-douji (Swimsuit) translated by Konchew