|Irisviel von Einzbern|
(Dress of Heaven)
Also called Irisviel (Holy Grail) and Irisviel von Einzbern (アイリスフィール・フォン・アインツベルン, Airisufīru fon Aintsuberun?), she was manifested in a transient form as a transient Servant. A person who sneakily emerged from the Holy Grail. A person that is the same as the terminal of the Holy Grail.
By what cause did this miracle happen? Irisviel is a homunculus terminal of the Holy Grail. An infant that returned to the Greater Grail but turned into a Servant as its bunreiWP (offshoot). She continues to protect a certain guardian cursed by fate who exists in a place far away. She is "forever far yet close at hand, never distant yet always out of reach."
Irisviel takes on the form as the Holy Grail through having bonded with it. Unlike the disposition that represents the polluted Holy Grail————the Holy Grail of Fuyuki that concealed "All the World's Evils" within it, she is strongly endowed with the aspect of "Irisviel von Einzbern" as a wife and mother. She is by no means an official Divine Spirit, but suppose that if we were to apply her as one, it would seem that she is an existence furnished with an Earth Mother Deity-like disposition.
Why has she manifested? What will she perform as a Holy Grail once getting in contact with someone with the qualifications? There is still no answer for both of these enigmas.
A graceful woman. A transient Servant who has a mother's open kindness. Irisviel is gentle, overflowing with deep affection and love. And as a matter of fact————she is brimming with curiosity more than any other.
Irisviel does not hold any favortism towards anyone for she comes into contact with the Master with gentleness in the exact same way she is gentle towards someone else. Due to circumstances, she is a person who has experienced the Holy Grail War in the past, and from that standpoint, she has assumed that a sense of distance should be kept between the Servant and the Master; it is possible to say that she has a tendency to maintain that distance appropriately.
- EMIYA (Assassin)
- "My Dear, even if you forget me, I will always remember you. Even if my voice won't reach you, I..."
- EMIYA (Archer)
- "He seems to be good at housework, too. A wonderful child, right? But, it's not only about that. I feel that my maternal instinct is aching."
- Lord El-Melloi II
- "My, my. You have grown well... no, I'm sorry. That's what I really think so my tongue slipped. It was meant as a compliment, you know?"
Fate/Accel Zero Order
Irisviel greets Ritsuka and Mash after they had beat Angra Mainyu up for groping Mash. She calls herself the Dress of Heaven, a different entity from Irisviel they know. She is essentially the spirit of the Greater Grail. Irisviel reveals Chaldea failed to destroy the Grail completely, resulting in Irisivel being split into four elemental versions. While normally they'd be kind like the original Irisviel, they became violent thanks to Fire Iri rising in revolt and their grudge against Ritsuka. Irisviel and Angra Mainyu then wish Ritsuka and Mash luck in defeating the Four Elemental Iri.
Final Singularity: Solomon
In EMIYA (Assassin)'s interlude, Just like a smiling flower, For you (微笑む花が如き、君を?), during a moment of solitude for EMIYA, Irisviel intruded his room after listening to his thoughts. She tries to get close to him, but EMIYA responds by asking her to leave him alone. Irisviel claims that seeing him introverted makes her very sad, and after using his True Name, EMIYA immediately tells her never to do so again and thus, Irisviel runs away in tears. She says that no matter what world he is from, she will still love him and refers to herself as his wife.
- Item Construction (A Rank): One can create devices tinged with Magical Energy.
- Territory Creation (B Rank): One can create a “Workshop”, which is an advantageous position for themselves as a Mage.
- Divine Core of the Goddess (C Rank): A Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess. It has the effect of preserving the absoluteness of the mind and body. It mitigates almost all mental interferences, prevents the body from growth, and prevents the figure from change no matter how many calories are absorbed. It is a composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity. Since Irisviel is not a Divided Spirit of a proper Divine Spirit, it results in the rank stopping at C.
- Resolute Devotion (A Rank): One’s feelings towards their loved ones, in which the person would not even spare themselves of committing self-sacrifice. Applies a plus modifier towards the applicable effects of defensive/recovery Magecraft, Skills and items.
- Child of Nature (A Rank): Infants born on the wrong side of the World, whom will eventually become similar to those on that side. Even if they are not naturally occurring life, but living things manufactured by Human hands, sometimes the World can give many blessings to them.
- Magical Healing (A Rank): Irisviel as a Servant can exercise advanced Healing Magecraft.
Forms and Alternate Versions
Four Elemental Iri
Creation and Conception
Shimaudon is the character illustrator for Irisviel. Irisviel was originally going to be a gacha Servant instead of a free one given in the event, and so Shimaudon drew several ascensions for her. When it was decided that she would be freely distributed instead, Shimaudon took the best parts from each ascension stage and merged them together to make her current design. Hikaru Sakurai is the scenario writer for her character in Fate/Grand Order.
- Fate/Grand Order material III - Irisviel (Dress of Heaven), p.342-349, translated by Kinalvin at Reddit.
 Fate/Grand Order - Caster Profile [T]
Irisviel (Dress of Heaven) - Caster
Illustrator and Voice actor
Voice Actor: Sayaka Ohara
Noble Phantasm: B
Resolute Devotion: A
Born of Nature: A
Healing Magecraft: A
Territory Creation: A
Goddesses Divine Core: C
Song of Grail: O White Grail, Sing Praises
Type: Magecraft Noble Phantasm
By what cause this miracle happened?
A terminal of the Holy Grail. An infant that returned to the Greater Grail turned into a Servant as its bunrei*.
She continues to protect a certain guardian cursed by fate that exists in a place far away.
Level 1 Bond
Alignment: Chaotic Good Gender: Female
A transient form, a transient Servant.
Level 2 Bond
A female magus that hides her face with a robe.
Cruel・cold-hearted, she is a genuine wicked woman who does not choose the means to achieve her objectives and makes evil designs her forte.
However, such personality was established as a reaction of the fate imposed on her.
A tragical woman who, a result of constantly facing betrayal, ended up falling on the standpoint of betraying people herself.
Level 3 Bond
- Divine Core of a Goddess: C
A Skill that expresses being a perfected goddess.
Although her disposition is close to one, since she is not a bunrei* from a proper Divine Spirit, its rank is confined to C.
Level 4 Bond
"O White Grail, Sing Praises"
Rank: B Type: Magecraft Noble Phantasm
Song of Grail.
Connecting the Holy Grail with love and motherhood, it temporarily grants a sincere and pure prayer. Not the function as a wish-device, but simply a Noble Phantasm that her own existence sublimated.
Level 5 Bond
- Resolve of Dedication: A
Feelings towards a loved one, which won't even flinch at self-sacrifice.
Applies plus modifiers in regards to the effectiveness of defense・healing-type magecraft, Skills and items.
Why has she manifested? What will she perform as a Holy Grail once getting in contact with someone with the qualifications?
There is still no answer for both of these enigmas.
*I thought in using the term "avatar", but decided against since there are subtle differences between the two concepts.
アイリスフィール〔天の衣〕 - キャスター
- Divine Core of a Goddess: C
- Fate/Grand Order - Fate/Accel Zero Order, ACT-EX: Retrieving the Holy Grail
- Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius
- Fate/Grand Order - Assassin Interlude 01: Just like a smiling flower, For you, translated by Kerry, the Passerby Ally of Justice at Facebook.