Kiara Sessyoin (殺生院キアラ, Sesshouin Kiara?), Class Name MoonCancer (ムーン・キャンサー, Mūn Kyansā?) is a MoonCancer-class High-Servant & Pseudo-Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Development
- 5 References
She claims to be a Pseudo-Servant imbued with Yao Bikuni from Japanese folklore.
- Main article: Kiara Sessyoin
Kiara possesses the aspect of Yao Bikuni (八百比丘尼?, "eight-hundred (years) Buddhist priestess") due to eating mermaid flesh upon coincidentally encountering a school of mermaids while returning to the surface from the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Analogous to her due to the similar consumption of flesh, the legend of Yao Bikuni is that of a nun in Japanese folklore who ate the flesh of a mermaid, wandering throughout the country with perpetual youth and immortality for eight hundred years. Kiara's reason for consuming the mermaids due to her fascination with The Little Mermaid.
Shen (蜃?) is a Divine Beast from Chinese and Japanese folklore. It is a giant clam residing on the seafloor whose breath rising to the surface produced mirages. Its fossil is located in the Mariana Trench, eaten and fused with by the mortally wounded Kiara.
Kiara Sessyoin Lily
Kiara Sessyoin Lily (殺生院キアラ・リリィ, Sesshouin Kiara Riryi?) is an attempt by Kiara redo her childhood while also affecting Xu Fu's plans. This form only remembers her name, possessing none of Kiara's other memories.
A dazzling, dizzying Sessyoin Kiara. If you thoughtlessly swim into her fishy situation, you'll find yourself sunken in her beauty.
Kiara has become Yao Bikuni, rather than transforming outright.
“The living people of this world are for me. Good, evil, it matters not. Whomever they are, I will tend to them, soothe them, love them, and more…”
The "Love" Kiara speaks about is solely for her own pleasure. This gargantuan love aligns with a certain desire to save others, but she doesn't go beyond hellishly toying with outsiders who spot her. A devilish existence that has the capacity of a Savior, and seeks only her own pleasure…that is Sessyoin Kiara.
A lot’s going on this time, so she’s a bit more normal and more careful of her surroundings. With the presence of Yaobikuni, she may have acquired some extent of “self-restraint”.
- Ascension 1
- For her first swimsuit, and first summer event, the usual Kiara wears an outfit focusing on grace and innocence. Her mood lightens, as she’s secretly ecstatic to experience summer vacation after being unable to in her youth…to that extent, all that her Master can see is “An elegant older woman (who occasionally shows a child-like cuteness) met in passing at a summer stay-away”. This image appears like a frightening glitch to them.
- Ascension 2
- Lily's transformation as a magical girl (self-imposed title) done with her compact mirror. She’s gotten a bit crueler and more sadistic from the usual Kiara. She mercilessly tortures nasty pigs (gender irrelevant) for the masochists they are, and if that wasn’t enough, has the image of a terrifying police Queen.
- How did this happen? The answer lies in the deep darkness Lily holds.
- Ascension 3
- Kiara has always dreamed about this…she wears a Little Mermaid cosplay, and, because of her “Lawful” alignment being strengthened, her evil is conserved, and she appears tidier than before.
- You could say the truth of the mysterious fusion lies in “A Bodhisattva full of affection”, but that writer would undoubtedly criticize her to pieces about that.
Servant Summer Camp 2020
"Isn't having a Swimsuit Saint Graph fun?", so says the Swimsuit Sessyoin Kiara without a care. Sensing an irregularity and awakening from the lake, she felt like going for a little outing, utilized her Independent Manifestation, and was subsequently killed by a bewildered Xu Fu's immortal-killing mask.
...Or so they thought. While Xu Fu's attack should have destroyed her with it's instant death properties, it failed (Due to Independent Manifestation giving her resistance against that status) and Kiara respawned as her formerly defeated self in the Mariana Trench. There, she found Shen's fossil and fused with it while treating herself to eating it.
En-route back to the surface, she incidentally ran into a school of mermaids and took their aspects as well, saying, "While I reform, I could do my childhood over!" And so, she formulated the worthless plan to return as both a young girl, and High Servant.
While Kiara took fun in becoming Lily, she would also be messing with Xu Fu. She made the plan to throw away her memories while becoming her Lily form, only remembering her name. This is why, while she was Lily, she believed herself to be a Yaobikuni Pseudo-Servant.
The normal Kiara returned to the lake to get her revenge on Xu Fu, hid her true self there, and adapted her fun to the rules of the Death Game Xu Fu set up. The fake Master (Xu Fu) on the B-team said "Let's get to the bottom of this!", but really meant, "Let's get to the bottom of whomever really took over the B-side!".
When she was Lily, she would have to earnestly save her Master. So, for times of troubles, she prepared a Magic Compact (Clam palace) to turn into Kiara Police (Her 2nd Ascension) to defeat evil. However, when she did so, she'd gain a strong guess at the full truth, go "Finding things out so quickly would be a bore", and then turn back to Lily.
Kiara swaps out her usual palm-based fighting style to one that heavily emphasizes kicking and water elemental attacks.
In addition to eating mermaids, Kiara also ate Shen, a type of clam yokai, that gave her illusion powers.
- Territory Creation (EX Rank)
- Otherworld Creation (EX Rank): Due to taking in a strange thing, she can create Kakuriyo, the unchanging world of the dead, over the mortal world.
- Independent Manifestation (E Rank)
- Logos Eater (D Rank): A special trait from the Pleasure Heaven. Intelligent beings are thought of as playthings for her. It’s rank has been demoted from the normal Kiara’s.
- Clam Palace (A Rank): No information available.
- Divine Power (Ink) (B Rank): Is it from jealousy? Her time with BB?
Originally, it was the normal Divine Power, but it appears that she saw the chic and stylish Divine Power of Katsushika Hokusai (Saber) and copied it.
- Mermaid's Flesh (EX Rank): The ability of becoming immortal after eating the flesh of a mermaid. In Japan, the mermaid lacked the knowledge for human speech, as was only “A fish that looked like a person”. Which goes on to say, they lacked the soul of one. Eating a fish without a soul won’t necessarily institutionalize her for murder, nor would it ruin her vow to not harm others…even if she were, to say, eat an amount of mermaids equivalent to a school of them. In his take, that children’s writer wrote a tale where the mermaids were of equal intelligence to humans, yet they remained soulless.
- Fate/Grand Order - Kiara Sessyoin (MoonCancer) profile
- Fate/Grand Order - Kiara Sessyoin (MoonCancer) voice lines