The Knights of the Round Table (円卓の騎士, Entaku no Kishi?) are the protectors of Camelot under King Arthur. Called such for having gathered around the Round Table as equals with each other and their King, they were admired throughout the country. Their overall numbers vary depending upon the story, but the world of Fate/stay night accepts the standard pattern of thirteen knights. Each seat of the Round Table is numbered, granted to new knights as they need to be filled. The world of Fate/Prototype has a different King Arthur, and has been shown to have most, if not all, the same knights. The Knights of the Round Table also set the Restraints of the Round Table onto Excalibur, Rhongomyniad and Excalibur Proto.
During the events of the Atlantic Lostbelt, Beryl Gut, the assigned Crypter for the English Lostbelt confirmed that there was indeed a lostbelt version of the Knights of the Round Table located within the English Lostbelt.
Each member is assigned a numbered seat at the Round Table.
|1st||King Arthur (Artoria)||King of Knights|
|1st||King Arthur (Prototype)||King of Knights|
|9th||Palamedes||Knight of Inquiry|
|N/A||Tristan||Knight of Lamentation|
|N/A||Gawain||Knight of the Sun|
|N/A||Lancelot||Knight of the Lake|
|N/A||Bedivere (Parallel World)|
|N/A||Mordred (Female)||Knight of Treachery|
|N/A||Mordred (Male)||Knight of Treachery|
- Bors - Next in line to be the eleventh. In an official relationship chart, he is stated to be Lancelot's cousin and quested for the Holy Grail with Galahad and Percival.
- King Pellinore - Supervisor
- Merlin (Male) - Court magus and supervisor of Artoria
- Merlin (Female) - Court magus and supervisor of Arthur
- Sir Pelleas (サー・ペレアス, Sā Pereasu?) - Pelleas was a stray knight not counted as part of the Round Table. Richard the Lionheart describes him as someone who exchanged vows with a fairy of the lake and survived the Battle of Camlann, but one of his retinue describes Pelleas as someone who "just saw his chance and ran."
- Sir Ywain - Knight known for fighting alongside lions.
Knights of the Lion KingEdit
An alternative formation of the knights in the "Camelot" Singularity. They are the knights who were subservient to the Lion King and participated in the "Holy Selection". They were all given special Gifts by the Lion King. Xuanzang Sanzang was also asked to join the group to replace the deceased Gareth, however she refused.
|Gawain||Nightless (不夜, Fuya?)|
|Lancelot||Ferocity (凄烈, Seiretsu?)|
|Mordred||Rampage (暴走, Bōsō?)|
|Tristan||Inversion (反転, Hanten?, localized as "Reversal")|
|Gareth||Impurity (不浄, Fujō?)|
 Fate/Apocrypha material - Encyclopedia: Knights of the Round Table [Organization], p.156-157 [T]
Knights of the Round Table [Organization]
The general term for the knights who left their names in King Arthur’s legend. They are called the Knight of the Round Table because they gathered around a round table along with King Arthur. The knights sitting around the table were all regarded as equal to one another, including the King himself, and they were admired throughout the country. Though the number of them varies according to each story, the standard pattern of thirteen knights is accepted in “Fate/stay night”.
In the “Apocrypha” world, the separate splinters from the Round Table serve as summoning catalysts for Heroic Spirits. From among eleven of the knights (with King Arthur and Galahad excluded), the one most compatible to the Master is summoned through it. Like an S-rare definite ticket. Whether it be someone like Lancelot, Gawain, Tristan or Percival, no matter who comes, you truly get the cream of the crop. During these current times where subspecies Holy Grail Wars are popular, they appear in the market at high prices. Naturally, there are many frauds and swindlers. It’d be nice if a certain oil magnate got swindled.
- ↑ Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD4 - Bonus Novel Fragments 2 translated at Beast's Lair
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Tristan, Interlude I
- ↑ Camelot/Zero translated at Beast's Lair