Lancer's True Name is Artoria Pendragon, also known as King Arthur, the legendary King of Knights who governed over Britain. An “if” King Arthur who, after emerging as a king, made the Holy Lance his main armament instead of the holy sword and reigned over Britain.
A Heroic Spirit of a “different possibility” from the normal Artoria. Although she has a human form, it is possible to say that she is no longer a Human Heroic Spirit. This version of her is a Heaven Heroic Spirit that personally returned her Holy Lance at Camlann Hill, returning it to the earth.
While in the middle of reigning in the Holy City, the great enterprise called the Incineration of the Human Order is looming, so the “King of Knights” acted in order to save what’s most important, mankind; while she possesses the same appearance as “Goddess Rhongomyniad”, Artoria is essentially a different person.
Lancer's appearance is similar to those of Artoria, but with more mature features. Due to being a grown up version, Lancer's figure is tall and curvaceous, clad in silver and blue armor, a cloak, and a helmet carved to resemble a lion's face with mane. She tied her hair in a bun, but her hair is notably longer than her younger counterpart. In her later ascensions, she wears a gold crown and removes her armor. Unlike the soulless Goddess Rhongomyniad, Lancer's emerald eyes are full of life, having never lost her heart like the Divine Spirit.
There are various opinions about her physique or body weight when Artoria is a Lancer. Having lost her growth suspension caused by the holy sword, she grew to a physical age suitable for a king. She became an existence closer to a Divine Spirit’s because she is using the Holy Lance, but given that her usage period of the lance was merely about a decade, her mental/spiritual make-up has not changed in a big way. Her body, however, has changed significantly.
Due to the properties hidden within the Holy Lance, Artoria has changed into an existence close to that of a Divine Spirit’s, a goddess if anything. While she has become more composed, and moreover, more rational than the Artoria of the holy sword, her human nature has not been parted with. Rather, there exists placidity in her choices partly because she became an adult, attaining the ideal way a king ought to be.
Artoria, who was summoned to Chaldea as a Servant, knows the beauty of the world. For the sake of taking back the world that shines even without the Farthest Ends, she will fight together with the Master, certainly wielding all the power that she holds.
- Artoria Pendragon (Lily)
- "Charming. Still, is that person also called another 'if' of the me in history?"
- Artoria Pendragon
- "That person, does it seem like the things she is burdened with are equal to all of mine? That’s how it is, huh? Well, it is even less pitiful than what I had thought I would feel. The height of my pride is rising within my chest. As one would expect, since it would be rude to pat her head, I wonder if we can drink alcohol together instead?"
- Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)
- "The King of Storms? The Wild Hunt, huh? I see, so it’s like that."
- Knights of the Round Table
- "They seem to be mostly in good health. It’s good to occasionally take a breather, too… Everything in moderation. Everything."
- "Um, what is it? It is probably good for you to moderate yourself on the Rome as well… As for that time, I give you my gratitude."
- "You constantly look after me, way too much. You yourself materialized as a Servant of Chaldea’s Master. You should live freely, even more so in this time called the present… Do not cry, Bedivere. Raise your face. I am not the me that you knew, and also, you are not the Bedivere that I know, but those tears... they often pierce into my heart."
Camelot: The Sacred Round Table RealmEdit
- Main article: Goddess RhongomyniadThe Servant “Lion King”, who has the same appearance as her, was not able to die when she was fated to die, and as a result, became a wandering ghost while keeping onto the Holy Lance. Because the “Lion King” held onto the Holy Lance and transformed into the “Goddess Rhongomyniad”, changing into a complete Divine Spirit in the process, this version of her is different in the inside compared to the normal Lancer Artoria.
Forms and Alternate VersionsEdit
Lion King of Swimsuits. The name has three meanings. First, the manager of Casino Camelot, the apex of Casinos that govern Las Vegas. Secondly, the Tournament of the Seven Swimsuit Blademasters, the reason why it is the Tournament of Swimsuit Blademasters———that is, the organizer who watches over the Swimsuit Blademasters who compete for swimsuits and swords as a summer memory. Thirdly, Lancer Artoria changed into a summer outfit.
Please note that she is a completely different person from the so-called "Lion King" of the Sixth Singularity.
Reigning as the strongest dealer in Vegas, with her instinct, insight, and spiritual power. In front her, any trick can be seen, and any fortune can be bent.
Basically, the same person as Lancer. However, because of the somewhat unconscious desire to hold a blade, there is some loose behavior in part not related to the Tournament of the Seven Swimsuit Blademasters.
In addition, because she is no longer a Lancer, there is no figure of the horse Dun Stallion. However, the white horse hasn't disappeared, but has been witnessed resting in Chaldea's stable area.
What magical energy is used to compose the current world? Unknown.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
Comment from IllustratorEdit
"For Lancer Artoria’s design, her design was settled ahead of Alter’s. I felt like I consciously drew her with the impression that Saber Artoria has legitimately evolved. Afterwards, during the time where it became necessary for a separate design for the Lion King in Chapter 6, it was decided that we proceed with a combination of all her Ascension states. As one would expect however, exposing her breasts in her last Ascension during Chapter 6’s Camelot is definitely not a holy attack."
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 Fate/Grand Order material IV - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer), p.080-089, translated by Clyton at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26
 Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer) Profile [T]
Artoria Pendragon - Lancer
Illustrator and Voice actor
Illustrator: Akira Ishida
Voice Actor: Ayako Kawasumi
Noble Phantasm: A++
Mana Burst: A
Blessings from the Ends of the World: EX
Magic Resistance: B
Rhongomynyad:The Spear that Shines in the Far Away
Type: Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm
The legendary King of Knights who controlled Britain, King Arthur.
An "if" King Arthur who, after rising as a king, made the holy spear its main weapon instead of the holy sword and governed over Britain.
Having lost the growth-halt from the holy sword, she grew to a physical age fitting for a king. She became an existence closer to Divine Spirits due to using the holy spear, but since the period of use was just that of ten-odd years, her mental structure・spiritual make-up has not changed too much.
Level 1 Bond
Source: Arthurian Legends
Alignment: Lawful Good Gender: Female
There are various opinions about the body weight or figure from when she is a Lancer.
Also, she is always mounting on a horse when a Lancer. At this time, her mount is "Dun Stallion".
Level 2 Bond
The Heroic Spirit of a "different possibility" than the regular Artoria.
Although she takes a human form, she can no longer be called a Human Heroic Spirit. Due to the properties concealed in the holy spear, she has changed・mutated into an existence closer to a Divine Spirit - a goddess if anything.
While she has turned more rational, more collected than holy sword Artoria, her humanity has not been lost.
Rather, there are now composure in her choices thanks to becoming an adult, achieving an ideal way of being as a king.
Level 3 Bond
This version of her is a Heroic Spirit of Heavens that, at Camlann Hill, gave back the holy spear herself and returned to the land.
Meanwhile, the Servant "Lion King" (who has the same appearance as her) was not able to die when she was fated to die and, as consequence, ended up becoming a wandering ghost while retaining the holy spear.
Because the "Lion King" who held onto the holy spear has completely turned into a Divine Spirit, its inner aspects are different from this version of her.
Level 4 Bond
"The Spear that Shines in the Far Away"
Rank: A++ Type: Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm
Holy spear. An anchor of storm that fasten together the planet.
It has been said that its real form is that of a tower that fasten together the skin of the world. When releasing the True Name, both Rank and classification change.
Its original power is being limited by thirteen restraints, but nevertheless this is the pillar in the far away that shines to extol the brilliance of the planet.
Level 5 Bond
The holy spear Rhongomynyad makes the "pillar of light" that fasten together the outer layer of the world as its main body. Thanks to the existence of the thirteen restraints that are endowed with the same processes as the "the holy sword of the planet that saves the world", this is barely in a condition where it can take shape as a Noble Phantasm.
She, who was summoned as a Servant in Chaldea, knows the beauty of the world. In order to retrieve the world that shines not in the far away, she will certainly fight together with the Master, wielding all the power she has.
アルトリア・ペンドラゴン - ランサー