Lancer's True Name is Jaguar Man (ジャガーマン, Jagā Man?), a Pseudo-Servant summoned into the body of Taiga Fujimura. One of the olden Divine Spirits transmitted in Central and South America. The Jaguar, namely, a symbol of “war” and “death”, is an existence revered for a long time in the Central and South American civilizations of all eras, and it is said that, in the bygone days, it would often show its form to the world. In the Olmec Civilization of the Preclassic Period, the Jaguar deity was a being possessing the mixed-blood of a jaguar and a human being and was deified in the shape of a “Jaguar-Human (Jaguar Man/Werejaguar)” figure and the likes.
In Central and South American mythologies, the Jaguar is frequently spoken of as a spiritual existence called a Nagual, a shadow and a supernatural Guardian Spirit. It is said that Tezcatlipoca, one of the chief gods worshipped in Aztec Civilization, is also endowed with a Nagual, and this Nagual is a fearsome Jaguar Nagual.
Heroic Spirit possession. The Jaguar Nagual achieved its materialization as a bunrei, done by possessing a particular human as its vessel. From time immemorial, it is said that humans who obtained the Nagual of a Jaguar were endowed with supernatural powers. The Nagual tales are narrated even in the modern times. Furthermore, concerning the criteria for selecting a human to possess as its vessel, among the humans that has a tie to the Holy Grail, the person who carries the fate of the wildness and the wildest force is elected.
AppearanceEditThe gender belongs to the possessed human.
Do you like a Jaguar elder sister? Whether you like her or not, Jaguar is Jaguar. There is no escape.
A friendly character, one who is bright and without discrimination. It likely seems to be a strong reflection of the possessed human’s personality. Once Jaguar's mind becomes completely set on something, the target will be certainly teased with for weeks. That means there is no escape.
The Jaguar Warrior is proud. One should not expect to earn her trust in a brief period of time, even if one is called her Master. However, if she notices one’s daily endeavours, what one will be able to receive is a Jaguar Stamp, stamped with her paw. If one collects a lot of stamps, someday, it will probably appear to result in one being able to receive an acknowledgement of being her close friend. One cannot help doing their best in order to aim for being her Jaguar-mate (Tezcatlipoca-mate).
(Jaguar is tilting her head)
(Jaguar’s stare is fixed at them)
(Jaguar is laughing and beckoning at her with a grin)
(Jaguar is clinging to her!)
(Jaguar does a double take and says “Really?”)
It is unknown why the Jaguar attempted to materialize in this world. Maybe it came along while being attracted to Quetzalcoatl, or maybe it came along while in a playful mood. Perhaps it stole a march on Tezcatlipoca when he was about to appear, and so on; the curiosity about this matter is endless.
Babylonia: The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic BeastsEdit
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Being a Divine Spirit, Jaguar Man is a powerful Servant and not even Mash's and Ana's combined efforts are able to work on her. Merlin claims they wouldn't stand a chance against her without another servant with the same level of divinity. However, because she belongs to the lower grade among the Divine Spirit Servants, Jaguar Man's selling point is that she does not cost a lot to cover in terms of Magical Energy. In terms of physical strength, she would only be able to block Quetzalcoatl's charge one time.
Jaguar Man boasts incredible speed, allowing her to lep up above the jungle in an instant and retreat. Her stealth abilities are also to be expected in the jungle. Even though the possessed human was originally endowed with an astounding Luck rank it was ranked down for some reason at the time of possession.
- Magic Resistance (A Rank): Nullifies spells of Rank A or below. In fact, magecraft invoked by modern magi would not be able to wound Jaguar Man.
- Mad Enhancement (E Rank): The Jaguar is whimsy. Even though she thinks she can comprehend conversations, in reality, she often does not even understand them.
- Divinity (A Rank): Jaguar Man possesses this Skill at a high rank because although she is purely a bunrei, the Skill is extremely compatible with humans that were possessed by the Jaguar. After witnessing Quetzalcoatl's divinity, Ana claims that Jaguar Man is nothing more than a paper tiger in comparison.
- Jaguar Punch (A Rank): Its formal Skill name is Divine Protection of the Jaguar (ジャガーの加護, Jagā no Kago?). Jaguar Punch is destructive power. A divine protection bestowed by the Jaguar Divine Spirit. She does not feel fear nor pain. It is also a composite Skill that comprises the effects of the Valor Skill and the Instinct Skill.
- Jaguar Kick (B Rank): Its formal Skill name is Monstrous Strength. Jaguar Kick is another destructive power. At any rate, she alone must survive no matter what it takes. A Skill that senses a will, and like the sort of a strong will. Temporarily amplifies one’s Strength. Primarily an offensive special characteristic possessed only by monsters and Magical Beasts. Increases one’s Strength parameter by one rank upon usage. The duration for this increase depends on the rank of “Monstrous Strength”.
- Jaguar Eye (A+ Rank): Its formal Skill name is Jaw of the Dark Jungle (暗き密林の顎, Kuraki Mitsurin no Ago?). Jaguar Eye is a beam power. In the situations where she stays on a “forest” field, plus effects are added to all sorts of checks.
- Similarly, when she is in her "natural territory" of the jungle that springs up in the Babylonia Singularity, she has access to Call of the Jungle (密林の呼び声, Mitsurin no Yobigoe?), granting her a boost in magical energy that allows her to unleash her Noble Phantasm at greater frequency.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
Comment from IllustratorEdit
"It is said that there was no choice but to have that Jaguar Man get on a motorcycle! What do I do! And it is this outcome that troubled my mind. Is it ok for me to make a completely different pose for her last Ascension stage!? I am thankful! And one thing! I’m happy that it can be accepted and used. There was certainly a great pressure on me to draw her."
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32
 Fate/Grand Order - Lancer Profile [T]
Jaguarman - Lancer
Illustrator and Voice actor
Illustrator: Takao Aotsuki
Voice Actor: Miki Itō
Noble Phantasm: B
Jaguar Punch: A
Jaguar Kick: B
Jaguar Eye: A+
Magic Resistance: A
Mad Enhancement: E
Great Death Claw: The Inescapable Claw of Death
Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
A divine spirit of old handed down on Central and South America.
The jaguar is, namely, a symbol of “war” and “death”, an existence revered for a long time on the Central and South American civilizations of all periods, and it has been said that, in the past, it would reveal itself to the world from time to time.
In the Olmec civilization of the Preclassic Period, the jaguar deity was a mixed-blood of human and jaguar...
Deified in the shape of a jaguar-human (jaguarman/werejaguar) and the likes.
Level 1 Bond
Source: Mythologies from all periods of Central and South America
Region: Central and South America
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Gender: Female
Alignment belongs to Jaguarman, not the possessed human.
Gender belongs to the possessed human.
Level 2 Bond
In the mythologies of Central and South America, it is often described as an spiritual existence called nagual, a shadow and a supernatural guardian spirit.
It has been said that Tezcatlipoca, one of the chief gods worshiped in the Aztec civilization, is also endowed with a nagual - a fearsome jaguar nagual.
In this work, Jaguarman is syncretizing the aspects as a nagual of Tezcatlipoca, which draws from its own genealogy, while being endowed with the disposition as a divine spirit of old.
Level 3 Bond
The jaguar nagual has accomplished a manifestation as a bunrei by turning a specific human into its vessel.
From time immemorial, it has been said that humans who acquired the jaguar nagual were endowed with supernatural powers.
The nagual tales are told even in modern times.
In addition, regarding the criteria for selecting the vessel, the individual who carried the most power of the wildness - and the fate of the wildness - among all humans connected to the Holy Grail was elected.
Level 4 Bond
- Jaguar Punch: A
Formal skill name: Divine Protection of the Jaguar.
Jaguar Punch is destructive power.
A divine protection bestowed by the jaguar divine spirit.
It does not feel fear or pain.
A composite skill that comprises the effects of the skills Bravery and Instinct.
Level 5 Bond
- Jaguar Kick: B
Formal skill name: Monstrous Strength.
Jaguar Kick is also destructive power.
At any rate, I alone must survive no matter what.
A skill that makes one sense such a strong will, and will.(1)
- Jaguar Eye: A+
Formal skill name: Jaw of the Dark Jungle.
Jaguar Eye is beam power.
In case she is on a “forest” field, plus effects are added to all sorts of checks and saving throws.
Level 5 Bond
It is unknown why it attempted to manifest in this world.
Maybe it came while being attracted by Quetzalcoatl, maybe it came as if coming out to play, maybe it came while stealing a march on Tezcatlipoca when it tried to come out, etc - truly intriguing.
Because it belongs to the lower class among the divine spirit-type of Servants, its selling point is the fact it cost very little.
No matter how one looks at it, the personality of the possessed body is the main one, but one should not point that out.
(1):considering the overall joke-like vibes we get from such profile, this was probably intentional.
ジャガーマン - ランサー逃れ得ぬ死の鉤爪
- Jaguar Punch: A
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 Fate/Grand Order material IV - Jaguar Man, p.364-373, translated by Clyton at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 08: VII / Health Office Sabnock
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 5 Welcome to the Jungle
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Section 12 Temple of the Sun