Lancer (ランサー, Ransā?) is a Lancer-class Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. He manifests as Grand Lancer (グランドランサー, Gurando Ransā?) through the Godbreaker Spell Protocol ritual.
Passing through the Age of Gods, how one man became able to love another, and humanity; Roma fully encompasses and symbolizes all of these.
Born to the god of war Mars and Princess Silvia, growing up with a beast as a friend, and eventually laying the foundations for the great Roman Empire. The manifestation before us is the figure of the young Romulus who founded Roma and later came to be deified as Quirinus who was a part of the triad of supreme Roman gods.
As an existence that was deified, the manifestation heavily symbolizes the history of expansion and growth of civilization during Ancient Roma and the vicious, violent events it entailed. In the same way the Heroic Spirit with an identical name displays the continued governance of a ruler and prosperity, the Romulus we see is an existence that displays humanity’s potential to leave the Age of Gods behind.
He has taken on the appearance of Romulus during his youth. Finally, clearly putting on display the appearance of Roma’s founder as a God. Normally, it is unthinkable that a Divine Spirit would be summoned as a Grand Class servant. However, due to the deep relationship Romulus holds with human history and his becoming a supreme god while living as a human, he who is an exception above exceptions has brought an innumerable amount of miracles together to be summoned as a Grand Class Lancer in the Fifth Lostbelt.
Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain CityEdit
In the end, Romulus was still within the realm of humanity
Finally, clearly putting on display the appearance of Roma’s founder as a God. Normally, it is unthinkable that a Divine Spirit would be summoned as a Grand Class servant. However, due to the deep relationship Romulus holds with human history and his becoming a supreme god while living as a human, he who is an exception above exceptions has brought an innumerable amount of miracles together to be summoned as a Grand Class Lancer in the Fifth Lostbelt.
Within the Fifth Lostbelt, numerous servants who sided with humanity stood up to the Lostbelt King Zeus, but all lost in battle. These servants gathered the last vestiges of their power into one final grand plan, and entrusted their hope to Chaldea. That final grand plan was called “Operation: God Slayer”. Simultaneously holding onto his human self and his existence as a peak god within the entirety of mythological records, he stood on the side of humanity. Capable of wielding power in the same realm as the almighty and all knowing Zeus of Greek Mythology, Romulus-Quinrus would be summoned as a part of “Operation: God Slayer”.
Following this, the team from Chaldea made their appearance and “Operation: God Slayer” finally took form. Romulus-Quinrus manifested and from there did battle together with Chaldea and brought down the Machine Gods of the Lostbelt.
And he then disappeared along with the God Slayer.
Thought to never be able to fully manifest ever again…
However, thanks to the relationship fostered with the master and being recorded within Novum Chaldea’s Trismegistus, it became possible for his Spirit Origin to be summoned as a non-Grand Class servant. Once again he wields his spear of light for humanity.
Being a Divine Spirit, it would normally be impossible for Romulus-Quirinus to qualify for any Grand Servant class, however, through his connection to mankind and having reached the top of the Lancer Class by meeting high standards in both power and legends, he is able to be summoned as a Grand Lancer. Due to his nature as a god, an ordinary Saint Graph couldn't possibly suffice, thus, only with one of the Crown Station itself can he be truly called. Being both a Divine Spirit and possessing a special Saint Graph of a rank above normal Servants, Quirinus stands at the pinnacle of all Heroic Spirits.
When summoned by Chaldea’s summoning system, he has become an ordinary Lancer, but still, there is no doubt that he is an exceptional being.
- Magic Resistance (A Rank): No information available.
- Independent Action (B+ Rank): Fundamentally, those who have been bound as a chief god and the highest god can’t exist on the world… But, Romulus-Quirinus has purposely lowered the rank on his own.
- Divine Core of the Chief God (B+ Rank): Romulus, who is the son of the war god Mars, and became the highest god in the Roman mythology system, Quirinus, after his death, exceptionally possesses a Divine Core in his Saint Graph. Originally it would have a non-standard rank, but in Chaldea’s summoning, it stays at B+ rank.
- Throne of Quirinus (EX Rank): The way of being as the highest god in the mythology system, as the god that rules over the Mediterranean world. It is a skill that has transformed from Imperial Privilege, and would originally display several Authorities, but in this work, it’s fundamentally not used as an Authority.
- Apotheosis (B Rank): The Natural Body skill that has been transmuted together with the Saint Graph. While Romulus was born as a human, he reached the gods as Quirinus.
- Nine Lives - Roma (A Rank): A skill due to the constant active self-affecting noble phantasm of Romulus-Quirinus.
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order 5th Anniversary Famitsu interview Q&A
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - London: The Death World in the City of Demonic Fog - Section 8
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - London: The Death World in the City of Demonic Fog - Section 13