Lancer's True Name is Romulus (ロムルス, Romurusu?), the founding hero of Rome that appears in Rome's foundation myth. Born from the God of War Mars and the beautiful princess Silvia, it has been said that he was raised with a beast of the gods, a wolf, as a friend. The King of Nation Building (建国王, Kenkoku-Ō?) who laid the foundations of the everglorious Great Empire of Rome that absorbed the Mediterranean nations. The deep crimson Divine Ancestor.
After triumphing in the battle against Amulius, the King of Alba Longa who deceived his grandfather Numitor for the throne and persecuted his mother Silvia, Romulus established the city-state of Rome in the Italian Peninsula instead of ruling over Alba Longa. And after overcoming the tragedy of him killing with his own hands his younger brother Remus, who fought in the Alba Longa war together with him, in a quarrel during the occasion of the founding of the nation as an act of jettison, he immediately absorbed the Mediterranean nations within the Great Empire of Rome, a nation that will boast a long-lasting glory.
The King of Nation Building that attained greatness, in his last moments, did not die, but rather had "disappeared". After storms and lightning broke out all of a sudden at a field nearby the Kapla marshes near the Campus Martius, Romulus' figure was erased. The people of Rome intepreted this anomalous phenomenon as "the Great Romulus had arrived at the queue to become a god due to the intentions of the God of War, Mars, who is his father" because of the words spoken by a farmer later on after Romulus' disappearance, and that became the conclusive intepretation. The farmer encountered Romulus after his "disapperance" at Quirinal Hill, and from the mouth of the King of Nation Building that attained greatness, he informed him that Romulus has now changed into a god referred to as Quirinus.
Quirinus. That is the name of an olden god purported to be among the ranks of Mars, the God of War, and Jupiter, the supreme being spoken of in Roman Mythology. The anecdote of this olden god was spread to the people of Rome, and the birth of this new god became unified with the King of Nation Founding.
Being a superhuman from birth, there is composure and presence of mind in him. Romulus' human nature is that of Rome itself, which rules the world. The Rome. Everything in Rome is the fruition of his own destiny, purpose and flesh and blood; those who were born in Rome and those who died for Rome are equally his own children. That is, he calls other Emperor Heroic Spirits related to Rome, such as Nero, Caesar and Caligula, as "my child" and loves them.
Towards Romans, Romulus is very kind. To all those who are not Roman yet interpret the nature of "the world exemplifes Rome", before long, he will interact with them kindly. That is, he is nevertheless kind to everyone.
Usually, Romulus has an air of composure around him, but he abandons himself in a blood frenzy to some degree and forgets about himself when he is well into battle. He has an aptitude for Berserker. Once in a frenzy, he is out of control.
It is possible for Romulus to talk together with animals far and wide, and it seems that he can clearly communicate with words towards wolves especially since he was raised together with them as sibilings. (However, with the exception of wolves, one cannot also deny the possibility of him simply starting a conversation towards animals to get into a good mood with them.)
Romulus believes Rome is the world; in other words, the world is nothing but Rome. In that case, human history is equal to the history of Rome. Therefore, the Divine Ancestor continues to offer patronage to his Master that fights for human history. "You too, are Rome!"
Romulus still has regrets regarding what happened to his brother Remus.
- "A child of Rome that is my beloved child. The glory of Rome itself that was in the end, brilliantly born. A child endowed with the talent to obtain the embodiment of the genuine Rome."
- The person who attempted to trample down Rome. However, that person surely hides Rome inside her. "... What can I say, the bust of Rome's Divine Ancestor is quite profound, is it not?" says Altera.
Septem: The Eternal Madness EmpireEdit
Before Chaldea arrived in the Singularity, Romulus was summoned by Lev Lainur Flauros, who tried to convince him to use the Holy Grail to destroy the era. However, Romulus rejects Lev's offer as he had absolutely no desire in destroying Rome. Eventually, he with the other Roman emperors summoned by Lev formed the United Roman Empire with him as the leader. He then launches campaigns against Nero's empire, which eventually results in his empire seizing half of her territories. Romulus eventually greets Nero when she and her army reaches the United Roman Empire's palace. He then attempts to convince the disheartened Nero to join his Rome, but she refuses his offer. He is soon confronted by Nero and Chaldea's group in the palace, where he meets his demise.
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
In his interlude Guardian of Septem is Here (セプテムの守護者、此処に, Seputemu no gādian, koko ni?), Romulus, accompanied with Ritsuka and Mash, secretly follows Nero due to his concern for her. Ghosts of both past and future Roman emperors suddenly appear, but Romulus tells them to begone as it is now Nero's reign. After defeating the ghosts, Romulus comments that Rome shall always be beautiful, and that Nero's Rome is beautiful. He then rayshifts back to Chaldea with the others when the palace goes under alert.
Romulus was mentioned by Nero Claudius Caesar in Fate/EXTELLA, a divine ancestor of Nero, evidence of him can be seen in this tale when an emotional Nero shouts, "Magna Voluisse Magnum," the name of his Noble Phantasm.
This Divine Ancestor is almighty, exalted as the strongest Roman hero, and undoubtedly a Top Servant. When he first appeared in the Septem Singularity, Dr. Roman was unable to detect any traces of Magical Energy on him. He hypothesized that magecraft or servant skills weren't the cause, to which Nero confirmed that the reason he couldn't detect his amazing power was that He "IS" Rome. A while after that, he is defeated by Ritsuka's party to Lev Lianur's surprise. Lev Lainur also hinted that Altera is stronger than him.
Romulus owns Magna Voluisse Magnum, the spear of nation-building, as one of his Noble Phantasms. It is put on par with the large tree that appears in the dream that his mother Silvia saw, which symbolizes Rome itself. At the occasion of nation founding, he violently thrust a spear on the Palatium (Palatine Hill). As a Noble Phantasm, it is endowed with plants manipulation abilities and, in case the True Name is released, the spear will undergo a great transformation as a large tree and create "the past・present・future appearance of the imperial capital of Rome", washing away the target with a torrent of violent waves. Mass weapon Rome. The spear is regarded as the "spear of the beginning", in contrast to Rhongomyniad being the "spear of the end".
Romulus' second Noble Phantasm is Moles Necessrie. The legend in which Romulus killed his beloved brother Remus, manifested as a bloodsoaked rampart of love. It is a Bounded Field Noble Phantasm that protects the space isolated by the walls. The fortress walls instantly rise from the earth, so the summoning of the field can be positioned to cleave targets like a guillotine.
- Magic Resistance (B Rank): Nullifies spells that have a chant of three verses or below. Receives almost no damage even against Great Magecrafts and Greater Rituals.
- Divinity (Sealed): According to Dr. Roman, Romulus has a quite high level of Divinity since he is the son of Mars, the equivalent to the Greek God of War Ares. Romulus however is intentionally sealing it away by means of Imperial Privilege due to his views on the gods and humanity.
- Natural Body (C Rank): Romulus can temporarily rank up his STR. Furthermore, even without training, he's still beyond brawny. No matter how many calories he ingests, his body shape will not change.
- Imperial Privilege (EX Rank): A Personal Skill that makes possible to acquire Skills that originally are not in possession for only a short time. The Divine Ancestor is almighty. Skills that are possible to acquire are truly diverse. Since it is above A Rank, even physical burdens are acquired.
- Septem Colles (A Rank): Grants blessings to those he recognizes as his "children", such as Roman emperors.
- According to Boudica, Romulus has very high Charisma as the Holy Progenitor. She explained that the morale of the United Empire troops was strangely high since he first appeared since they were all ready to sacrifice themselves. More so, each capital civilian was acting like a soldier, and attacking the Roman troops whenever insight. The soldiers and people acted like moths drawn to the flame because of it. Jin Ke also said that phenomenon was the proof they were under true leadership.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 Fate/Grand Order material II - Romulus, p.194-205, translated by mewarmo990 and Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24
 Fate/Grand Order - Romulus (Lancer) Profile [T]
Romulus - Lancer
Illustrator and Voice actor
Illustrator: Hirokazu Koyama
Voice Actor: Ryōtarō Okiayu
Noble Phantasm: A++
Natural Body: C
Imperial Privilege: EX
Magic Resistance: B
Magna Voluisse Magnum: All Things Lead to My Spear
The nation building hero that appears in Rome's foundation myth.
Born from the God of War Mars and the beautiful princess Silvia, it has been said that he was raised with a beast of god, a wolf, as a friend.
The King of Nation Founding who laid the foundations of the ever glorious, great empire of Rome that absorbed the Mediterranean nations. The deep crimson divine ancestor.
Level 1 Bond
Source: Historical fact, Roman mythology
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Gender: Male (Rome)
Romulus first person pronoun is always "I (Rome)".
Level 2 Bond
The Rome. Being a superhuman from birth, there is composure and presence of mind in him.
His human nature is that of Rome, which rules the world, itself.
He calls Nero, Caesar, Caligula and other related emperor-series of Heroic Spirits as "my child" and loves them.
Level 3 Bond
- Imperial Previlege: EX
A Personal Skill that makes possible to acquire Skills that originally are not in possession for only a short time. The divine ancestor is almighty.
Skills that are possible to acquire are truly diverse. Since it is above A Rank, even physical burdens are acquired.
Level 4 Bond
"All Things Leads to My Spear"
Rank: A++ Type: Anti-Army
Magna Voluisse Magnum.
The spear of nation building. It is put on par with the large tree that appears in the dream that his mother Silvia saw, which symbolizes Rome itself.
Level 5 Bond
At the occasion of nation founding, he violently thrusted a spear on the Palatium (Palatine Hill).
As a Noble Phantasm, it is endowed with plants manipulation abilities and, in case the True Name is released, the spear will undergo a great transformation as a large tree and create "the past・present・future appearance of the imperial capital of Rome", washing away the target with a torrent of violent waves. Mass weapon Rome.
Rome is the world; in other words, the world is nothing but Rome. In that case, human history is equal to the history of Rome. Therefore, the divine ancestor continues to offer patronage to the Master that fights for human history.
"You too are Rome!"
ロムルス - - ランサー
- Imperial Previlege: EX
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
 Fate/EXTELLA material - Encyclopedia: Romulus [Servant], p.117 [T]
A Heroic Spirit of the Lancer class, he would no doubt be a Top Servant if he were to appear on SE.RA.PH.
He is a Hero who appeared in the myths surrounding the beginning of ancient Rom, and is credited with helping build the country. Born to the War God Mars and the beautiful princess Rhea Silvia, he was raised by wolves and went on to become the founding father of the empire. A divine ancestor of Nero, evidence of him can be seen in this tale when an emotional Nero shouts, "Magna Voluisse Magnum," the name of his Noble Phantasm.
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Romulus (Lancer): Dialogues
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 03: II / Intelligence Room Flauros
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Fate/Grand Order - Septem: Section 13 Signal to the Final Battle
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Septem: Section 14 The Emperor
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)'s Interlude