Merlin (マーリン, Mārin?), Class Name Caster (キャスター, Kyasutā?), is a Caster-class Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. She first appears as a combatant in Fate/Grand Order Arcade.
Another version of the Magus of Flowers, visiting from a different world. Always smiling regardless of the situation happening around her, she is a woman like beautiful flowers.
In front of her beauty, anyone would lose touch with reality and forget their hostility. On the other hand, her excessive beauty (and allure) make her a temptress that has a tendency to lead men astray. Though her calm demeanor gives the impression of a wise sage, her complete lack of tension and her emotionless way of thinking give the impression of a cold magus with no concern for the affairs of the human world.
"Now, now, no need to get all hot and bothered. No matter what happens, in the end you are all fleeting creatures, just like the birds. All's well that ends well, right? Ah, though I don't really want to see the end, or for things to go unfinished."
Merlin is described as someone who is so beautiful, that those who would gaze upon her shall forget any animosity they may have at the time. Like her male counterpart, she has a hood in her first ascension.
She describes herself an older sister, someone who watches over the masters journey. At the same time she is somewhat apathetic and comes of as seemingly uncaring.
She interprets everything objectively, and even when analyzing the ugliest parts of humanity, she describes them in a hopeful tone, saying "Not everything needs to be neat and clean. No matter how sullied you get, as long as you have one clean spot, a single shining star, that's more than enough."
She loves the human world, pranks, and boys.
The Mage of Flowers eludes practically all matters with an interested and amicable smile.
Unlike Man Merlin, she preserved her content mindset, never concerning herself with anything.
She's very aware of her status as a stranger to human society. She doesn't lament this fact at all, she just has "humans" and "me" split as two completely separate things in her head.
"I'm just something of a navigator tool created by humanity. I don't really wanna join the club."
"I'm just some woman wishing your journey would last forever. Well, I will pull some strings here and there if I ever feel like the journey is starting to get boring."
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
At the end of Sky Silver, she contacts Arthur as he is being summoned to participate in the Second Tokyo Holy Grail via his dreams and offers to heal his exhaustion. Saber accepts. As Saber is about to wake up, Merlin warns Saber that he may have to battle the Servants from the First War again. Merlin then wakes him up.
Arthur Pendragon Trial Quest
Unlike her male counterpart who primarily fights using a sword, Merlin fights using her staff and her Magecraft, shooting magical blasts at her enemies.
- Territory Creation (D Rank): To create a workshop, a territory to one's magecraft's advantage. She's not too experienced with Territory Creation, probably due to her life policies as a free spirit who can't stay in the same room for too long.
- High-Speed Incantation (EX Rank): The ability to speed up magecraft incantations. She doesn't use Divine Words, but the beauty of her chants reaches the levels of the fairy language. Merlin's chants are fast, short, and have a tinge of sadness.
- Item Construction (A+ Rank): To construct tools laced with magical energy. The staff she holds is a workshop, which can instantly construct a variety of magical items.
- Mixed-Blood (EX Rank): Mixed blood with a non-human hominid. Merlin is half-succubus, and completely inherited all of her succubus traits.
- Independent Manifestation (A Rank): The Skill to independently appear in the present world. Merlin can't be properly summoned as a Heroic Spirit. Because there is no future where she dies. She serves her Master as Servant just as way to vent her personal desires. Frankly, it's just a hobby. To enable this hobby, she forced herself to learn this Skill available only to one specific Class, and pretended to have been summoned as a Servant.
- Hero Creation (B Rank): The techniques to birth and raise a "king". Merlin is one of the very few Kingmakers in the world, but her rank with this Skill is lowered due to her "doing things right is important, making them fun is even more important" personality.
- Dreamlike Charisma (D Rank): The ability to fascinate people. A Skill that can be considered necessary to be a king or a leader. Merlin is a natural at it, for whatever reason. However, Merlin's Charisma is weaker on humans, because she often prioritizes fun above all else, so life as a king would drive her crazy.
- Succubus' Vicinity (EX Rank): Her power (or nature) as the last Succubus on Earth. A composite Skill of Illusion Arts and Mystic Eyes. With one glance at the battlefield, she can affect the minds of all targets, friend or foe, and absorb their magical energy.
Merlin's Noble Phantasm is Hope of Avalon. Due to unknowns events, this Merlin is no longer confined in the tower of Avalon. Avalon will continue to exist until the moment humanity ends. Merlin perceives Avalon as the image of the ideal future humanity tries to reach. For that reason, the Avalon she resides in is not locked, but instead left open as the finish line for humanity. Merlin's staff points beyond the horizon. To hope itself, which continues to shine beyond eternity, inviting people to run towards it.
Merlin is illustrated by Taiki.
- Fate/Grand Order Arcade-exclusive character profiles, translated by ComunCoutinho on Reddit