Miss Crane, actual True Name Tsurume-no-Kimi (鶴女の君?), is a figure whose core is formed from the crane featured in Tsuru no Ongaeshi (鶴の恩返し, Crane's Return of a Favor?) of Japanese folklore. The story follows the common motif of the "grateful animal," specifically the trope of "wildlife helped by a human will bring about a suitable fortune to repay the favor." It is the most famous such story in Japan, telling of a crane who took the form of a human and worked with great devotion towards her benefactor. Going so far as to pluck her own feathers as materials to weave her fabric, she, upon being viewed while working, returned to to the form of a crane and left her benefactor.
Miss Crane as a Servant shares all the traits of the folk tale, but the one difference is that she tailors outfits to completion rather than simply weaving fabric. It is a trait exclusive to her current manifestation as a Servant.
Courteous, kind, and hard-working. And above all else, a woman with a self-destructive sense of duty. That's the kind of character she is. She gets deeply impressed by even the most trivial of favors and does everything in her power to reward them. Actually, she can't live without repaying favors.
The greatest form of repayment she can offer is making clothes. She does every step, from spinning the yarn to tailoring the clothes, all by herself, and her skill level can be considered on par with the gods.
Her favorite thing is idols. When there's a concert on the East, she will join it in high spirits, and when there's a meet-and-greet in the West, she'll run there carrying a present. If any of her faves wears one of her pieces, her gratitude and fangirlism will spike, with a high risk of her being immediately being forced back to the Throne from the shock. Be careful!
One more thing about her: she's impressively bad at cleaning up her room. She keeps all places other people enter neatly organized, but her personal bedroom, storage rooms, etc are complete disasters. The used clothes, design notes, fashion magazines from all countries, and empty bottles of high-class sake (she's quite the heavy drinker) all over the floor create an atmosphere akin to the bursting nest of a bird... Promise one thing: you mustn't see that junkyard of a room.
At a point when she was near death and out of magical energy, she met a kind if dishevelled man with a beautiful face, who took her into his care despite appearing to work feverishly towards "something". She was brought to Chaldea and the man let her live in the Lostroom, which was said to be unused and no one went near. Grateful for the chance to rest her wings, she told her new benefactor that she would do anything to make his wish come true in return for his kindness, only to note that he gave her a troubled smile in response.
She was devastated to learn of the erasure of his existence, even from the Throne of Heroes, following the battle at the Time Temple. Vowing that she and all in Chaldea would never forget him, she set into motion the events of Fate/Grand Order Waltz in the MOONLIGHT/LOSTROOM.
Fate/Grand Order Waltz in the MOONLIGHT/LOSTROOM
Miss Crane, a Stray Servant posing as an AI, sets the events of Fate/Grand Order Waltz in the MOONLIGHT/LOSTROOM in motion for the purpose of showing an image of Mash Kyrielight and Ritsuka Fujimaru dancing to Romani Archaman in the past.
Event: Sparrow's Inn Daily Report
Beni-enma mentions that Miss Crane used to work at the inn in the Crane Room under the alias Oyu (お夕?). She worked as a weaver, "checking out" of the inn and leaving all of her belongings after she claimed "the moonlight was calling her." Beni-enma speculates her sparrows might have spied on her while she worked.
Event: Grail Live
She can rain down her feathers as bladed projectiles.
- Territory Creation (Atelier) (C+ Rank): Specialized for fashion-related effects. The cloths and attires produced in her territory are of better quality, and provide all sorts of additional effects. The territory's interior is not visible from the outside, but its effect as a barrier against external attacks is very weak.
- Item Construction (Robes) (A Rank): Can produce high quality cloths and attires tinged with magical energy.
- A Lady's Invested Affection (EX Rank): The proof of a heart filled to the brim with love for all clothes. Even the most heartless of robes burst with the joy of life after coming into contact with her love.
- One Night Coat (B Rank): To instantly deploy an Atelier Field and work single-mindedly. But the passion to produce the finest arts burns away her own life.
- A Thousand Years' Gratitude (A Rank): To never forget her gratitude for a favor done for her. A thousand years after the fact, her feelings exist here as they were at that very day, never forgotten, never twisted. Now is the time to repay this debt.
Miss Crane is illustrated by Shaka P (DELiGHTWORKS).
- Fate/Grand Order - Miss Crane profile
- Fate/Grand Order - Sparrow's Inn Daily Report - Section 10