Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
A version different from the historical human of the same name. Rather than being directly based on Napoleon's life, his existence is drawn from the legends told about Napoleon and his symbolic role in the history of France.
The man of possibilities. The idol of a hero created by his people's expectations. The first emperor of France. He had reached and conquered most of Europe during his reign, but it eventually fell. His life of ups and downs were not dependent on his own desires and abilities, but rather it was led by his people's desires.
Therefore, he always acts as a man who responds to "someone's desires". While alive, he was to "respond to expectations and wishes". Following a lot of support, he established himself as emperor. He came back once again from Elba when the voices of the longing of an emperor increased, yet he fell back when people denied him as emperor.
On one day, the word "impossible" was no longer in his dictionary. On one day, he met Iskandar in a pyramid. On one day, he destroyed the Great Sphinx of Giza by bombardment. On one day, it was said the French Revolution was a conspiracy between secret societies, and he was deeply involved in it.
In the past, Alexandre Dumas' father, Thomas, served under Napoleon Bonaparte as a general. The said father was killed by Napoleon over policy dispute and his ethnic background, being a child of a marquis and a black woman. This left Dumas and his mother in poverty, due to being denied army pension. Napoleon was seen at least twice by Dumas.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Napoleon is a tall and muscular man. His apperance is different from his self in history. His third ascension outfit seems to be based on the romantic oil painting Napoléon Crossing the Alps done by Jacques-Louis David in 1801. It is stated that if he was summoned as a Rider, his height would decrease.
Personality[edit | edit source]
The Heroic Spirit Napoleon responds to expectations and wishes, responds to desires, and accomplishes what needs to be done. He affirms every Napoleonic legend, and he will always be there as a Servant who embodies the possibilities of man (primate). The man who lived a life of responding continuously had made a lot of impossibilities possible, as was said in the legends that "Napoleon would do that much". Some may even call him some kind of superhuman.
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
Götterdämmerung: Eternal Ice-Flame Century[edit | edit source]
Napoleon is summoned into the Norse Lostbelt by Ophelia's wish for a hero to come save her more than by the Counter Force. He was guided by Huginn and Muninn, Odin's ravens, to the Chaldea group. He fought with the group as an ally, though he still wished to help Ophelia.
During the final battle with Surtr, Napoleon overloaded his Noble Phantasm to deal a heavy blow to the fire giant at the cost of his life. Before disappearing, he frees Ophelia from Surtr's curse, which inspires her to fight against Surtr.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Napoleon is a relatively modern Heroic Spirit. Thus, although he never wielded a cannon in life, when manifesting as a Servant, he's turned into a caricature of his real self, carrying a large cannon as his main weapon. In the Norse Lostbelt, he materialized with a elevated Spirit Origin that possesses more power than it usually would. The combined efforts of Mash and him are able to match "Sigurd", who ends up asking Ophelia Phamrsolone to remove one of his limiters. Despite forcing a Spirit Origin ascension and Ophelia using her Mystic Eye on Mash, they prove to be more of a challenge than Saber had thought. However, "Sigurd" claims that they'd need to be a lot stronger in order to kill him. Skadi is also able to freeze him in place with one Primordial Rune, stopping him from moving a single finger. However, he's able to momentarily move and shield Ritsuka Fujimaru from Caenis thanks to an adrenaline rush.
Although his Magical Energy is not unlimited, he's able to fire consecutively many large bombardments with his cannon, killing several mass-produced valkyries with each shot, without running out of mana and forcing them to retreat. Despite his ranged attacks being very powerful, they prove insufficient to destroy Thrúd's Divine Iron shield, which was forged by Odin himself. Caenis is also able to block his blasts with just one hand without feeling any pain.
After making a contract with Ritsuka, Napoleon's Spirit Origin takes better shape, allowing him to manifest his second stage. Despite now possessing an overbearing Spirit Origin, he claims to still be weaker than "Sigurd" on his ascended state, at least when he's not using any of his trump cards. However, the combined efforts of Brynhildr, Mash and him finally managed to overpower Ortlinda and "Sigurd", despite him having unlocked his full capabilities in the form of his final ascension. Every thrust of her spear, every cannon shot, every shield bash wore him down bit by bit, until Bryhinldr finally managed to pierce his armor, torning through his flesh, shattering his bones, and cutting his Spirit Core in two.
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Independent Action (C Rank): The ability to act independently for a while even without a supply of mana from the Master. At rank C, it is possible to remain in the world for a day after losing one's Master.
- Magic Resistance (C Rank): Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Unable to defend against large-scale magecraft like High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. As an Archer, Napoleon should be resistant to weaker forms of magecraft, such as those intended to interfere with the target's sight. However, Brynhildr is able to cast an illusion on him thanks to one of the Primordial Runes bestowed upon her by Odin himself. Being a power of the Age of Gods, just a tiny fraction of their power is enough to affect Napoleon.
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Firepower Support (Cannon) (B+ Rank): A powerful ranged attack that is used to support tactical operations. In Napoleon's case, this attack is used in the form of a bombardment. Essentially a compound skill that comes included with the effects of the Strategy skill.
- Charisma of Triumphant Return (B Rank): Napoleon possesses a special kind of charisma. Essentially a compound skill that comes included with the effects of the Charisma skill.
- Light of Possibility (B Rank): A skill similar to Pioneer of the Stars and also closely resembles Innocent Monster. The fact that Napoleon had accomplished his own feats by himself and the fact his legends had no involvement - all of them were taken as the idol representation of the Heroic Spirit Napoleon who behaves as an embodiment of "expectations" and "possibilities". "Well, I was supposed to say that." The Light of Possibilities, alike as a rainbow. Enemies who meet him will witness a rainbow traveling across the skies.
- Imperial Privilege (B Rank): As Napoleon was the first emperor of France and Emperor of the French, he possesses Imperial Privilege (though it is basically not used in Fate/Grand Order).
Noble Phantasm[edit | edit source]
Napoleon's Noble Phantasm is Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile. He remarks regrettably that his Grande Armée is not summoned with him as a Noble Phantasm, hinting that he could have them under another Class.
Development[edit | edit source]
Ryota-H is the character illustrator for Archer.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fate/Grand Order - Napoleon Bonaparte, Profile
- Fate/strange Fake Volume 4, Interlude: "Genius Was Not Built in a Day; All Magecraft Leads to Disaster"
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Götterdämmerung: Section 5 Castle of Snow and Ice (Beginning)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 6 Castle of Snow and Ice (End)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 4 Lord of Creation (End)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 7 The Other Goddess (Beginning)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 11 Like the Spring Sunshine (End)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 8 The Other Goddess (End)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 12 You, Who Was Like the Spring Sunshine
- Fate/Grand Order material VII Napoleon's profile translated by Konchew
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Gotterdammerung: Section 10 Like the Spring Sunshine (Middle)
- Fate/Grand Order - Napoleon Bonaparte, My Room Lines