Senji Muramasa (千子村正?), Class Name Saber (セイバー, Seibā?), is a Saber-class Pseudo-Servant summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. He is also summoned as Alter Ego (アルターエゴ, Arutā Ego?), working as one of the apostles of the Alien God in the Lostbelts. They are working in tangent with the seven Crypters attempting to supplant the Greater History of Man with the Lostbelts.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Development
- 5 References
Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
Muramasa is a famed blacksmith within Ise Province. Legend says that he has forged a demon sword that antagonizes the Tokugawa clan. There were stories about his Katana that killed Tokugawa Ieyasu's grandfather, there's also one that Nobuyasu used to commit suicide, and there’s also one that actually cut Ieyasu himself.
Muramasa claims that he is not qualified to be a Heroic Spirit because as a blacksmith, he lacks the heroic deeds necessary to make him a hero. It is for that reason he is manifested as a Pseudo-Servant in a suitable human body. It is unknown if he is a Heroic Spirit Candidate, Wraith, Phantom, or some other subset of spirit.
Muramasa theorized that he was summoned in Shirou's body because Shirou has a similar body and mind to that of Muramasa's. Furthermore, he believes Shirou had shared his way of life and experienced a similar end. Muramasa speculates that Shirou could be his descendant, a theory that Parvati also believes to be true.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Because he is summoned in Shirou's body he bears the same appearance as Limited/Zero Over Shirou. His stage 2 clothes are described as his normal outfit while in his forge. Upon reaching stage 3, his skin slightly darkens an his hair becomes white, causing him to slightly resemble, Archer.
Personality[edit | edit source]
An old man who devoted his life to making swords. His appearance is that of a fearless young man, but his spirituality is rather close to his later years. Dashing, no hesitation, and no rot. There are a lot of blunt words, and it be can't said that they are flattering. At first glance, he tends to look like a cold person, but when you associate with him, he's very caring. He is a person with a generous temperament.
This is personality of Muramasa himself, but it is also the personality of the body used as a substitute. ........Or, if this young boy's life reached old age, he would attain a similar personality.
No matter the person or the content, if asked to do a job, he is work (loveable) person, who has the pride to "finish" it. For work, he sometimes uses ruthless and cold means, but he doesn't seem to only work as a bad person.
The ultimate sword he is aiming for is something that can purge the hate. A katana that cleaves through fate, destiny and karma. That can purge one's cause itself.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Miyamoto Musashi
- "Miyamoto Musashi? I know her. Not the male one, but the female one. She's noisy but she was a swordswoman who had guts and bloomed like a flower. It's one of the few records Muramasa brought back to the throne with him. That vagabond , I hope she reaches the point she set her eyes upon at the end."
- "There's an Archer who wears a red frilly outfit right? I'm not good with him. My back feels ... itchy when I see him. Damn it, what is this feeling."
- EMIYA Alter
- "EMIYA Alter ... at this rate I don't even understand anything anymore. My back doesn't tingle but I feel uneasy looking at him. Also, he treats his weapons very roughly. What ya call it again, commercialism over quality?"
- Artoria Pendragon
- "The king of Britain is here right? Talk to her properly okay. That type of king will try to bear everything by herself ... what? Is it weird that I'm worried about her? I can't help it if I' m genuinely worried okay."
- Artoria Series
- "Ya know, I did forge a lot of the same blades ... but ain't there too many versions of you, your majesty? Are you planning to dominate every category?"
- Yagyuu Munenori
- "Geh, you're the sword instructor of the Tokugawa huh. It's true that Muramasa is Anti-Tokugawa, but it's not like I have a grudge with them or something. It's a property added on due to records in fiction. Well if said Tokugawa was one of my fans then surely he'd die holding a Muramasa though."
- "Whoa !? What the hell's with that girl !? She's huge! Hold on, what's with that divine aura !? It can't be, could it be, that girl is the avatar of Ibuki !? So that sword ... that's the sword of Kusanagi ...!? Holy shit, offerings offerings!"
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
Shimosa Province: The Stage of Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Corpses[edit | edit source]
He was summoned by the Counter Force; a month or two in Shimosa before the arrival of Ritsuka Fujimaru and Miyamoto Musashi. He witnessed black ghosts attacking a paddy field during the day. Half of the farmers working on the field were killed, along with Onui and Tasuke's parents. Taking the children into his custody, he was given a hut from the west village. The hut used to belong to an old blacksmith, thus Muramasa was able to set up a workshop.
When Onui and Tasuke brought both Ritsuka and Musashi to her grandpa's house. The grandpa is Muramasa, who is called the Fearless Youth (精悍な青年, Seikan'na seinen?), Ritsuka feels somewhat familiar to him, while Musashi was surprised to see him to be a little young and awes at his katana pieces. At first he is wary of the stranger until he learns both Onui & Tasuke was in the care of Musashi and Ritsuka. When Lancer Purgatrio arrives and attacks the group, Muramasa counters Lancer Purgatrio's attack and blows his upper body apart with his fake sword. However, Lancer Purgatrio regenerates, surprising Muramasa to see his attack is ineffective against the undead. When Ritsuka provides backup support for Musashi, Musashi borrows Muramasa's finest katana; though he warns Musashi of the danger of the sword. After Musashi wins her duel against Lancer Purgatrio, the group rest in Muramasa's hut. The next morning, Muramasa gifts the Katana to Musashi, calling it "Myoujingiri Muramasa" when asked by Musashi for its name. Muramasa then reveals himself to be Senji Muramasa and a Servant. After having a meal with Ritsuka and Musashi, Muramasa takes them both to his workshop, where they discuss Muramasa's nature as a servant and the current paranormal activity.
Atlantis: Ocean in the Age of Titans[edit | edit source]
He was sent as part of the Olympus Defense Force to deal with the Servants of Panhuman History. They take refuge in the Temple of Astraea, and in gratitude to the goddess' hospitality, he sculpts several statues in her honor.
Astraea, recognizing him as a servant of Panhuman History, asks him why he is against them now, to which he replies that being a servant may be convenient, but he cannot choose his master. He was summoned as Alter Ego by the Alien God. Although he has no idea what his master is like and what its true intentions are, he will focus on the tasks entrusted to him, even if his actions are considered unjust to others.
Their talk is interrupted by Rasputin, who reports the sudden appearance of the remaining enemies. The Alter Egos can return to Olympus if they take care of the last one of them. Muramasa asks if they are going to deal with the remaining servants in the usual way, to which the Priest responds that both of them are enough for the task, so Limbo's assistance won't be necessary. Concerned about the Priest's mood, Senji asks if he is enjoying the situation. After a brief talk about their pasts, Senji ends up admitting that he is not the type of person who trusts his back to someone else, but as long his partner is protecting his back, he can swing his blades in battle without worries.
At some point before leaving Atlantis, Muramasa visited the Temple of Hephaestus by Zeus' order to prevent Chaldea can make use of the remains of the smith god, but he just cut off a part of the temple that contained a portion of the Hephaestus' data store, taking it with him to Olympus.
Somewhere in Olympus, he is forging some artifact while Hephaestus observes his skills for the smithy, which he exalts them like those of a blacksmith who surpasses the duality of good and evil, creating exactly what he was asked for. Muramasa agrees that he has to forge what his client seeks, even if it is some kind of weapon to destroy the world. When Hephaestus asks him if he is not satisfied, Muramasa replies that he is only doing what he was tasked for, so he is unsure about that.
Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City[edit | edit source]
He appears suddenly in the workshop, joking about Caenis' bad mood, who is making a fuss all over the place. Caenis points her spear at him, asking him who he is and if his class is Assassin, since she was not able to detect his presence, which he answers that if they are in the atelier of the god of the forge, then he would be a simple blacksmith. Mash identifies as the servant who helped Ritsuka back in Shimousa, but now he is one of the Apostle of the Alien God. He talks about how much has happened since then to end up being summoned as an enemy of the Human Order, which he doesn't find funny. However, he expresses his happiness in meeting a true blacksmith god, even if he is older than he expected. Hephaestus lets him know that it's rude for a grandfather to call another grandfather, to which Muramasa sarcastically apologizes.
Having suspicions about Muramasa helping Hephaestus to complete the Summoning Vessel, Musashi asks him if he plans to destroy it as soon as its completed. Senji tells them that Rasputin entrusted him with two tasks: to protect Prometheus-Hephaestus and preventing Chaldea from encountering Hephaestus' iteration in Atlantis. Destroying it would be the easiest option, but due to deicide being a taboo in Atlantis and an Odysseus unable to bring himself to do it, it was time for the Alteregos to act. But Prometheus-Hephaestus threatened him with self-detonating if he did not help him with his project, so he didn't destroy Hephaestus, although he did report to Zeus that he did, and became the disciple of the blacksmith god. Muramasa mentions that Zeus entrusted him with a third task: the elimination of Chaldea. He has no plans to betray the Alien God or Zeus, but because he is accomplishing his tasks in sequential order, the completion of the Summoning Vessel is a priority. Macarios asks him if he can really ignore Zeus' order until then, to which he replies that time is upon them, and that as a blacksmith he doesn't think he can have a chance against Chaldea's servants. He reveals about the roles of his fellow alteregos: Rasputin, who is in charge of supervising the crypters; Douman, who is in charge of supervising the Lostbelt Kings; and him, whose role does not begin until after the descent of the Alien God, is to be a kind of "steward" who can be trusted, so he cannot allow himself to die yet. After revealing that, the Alien Priestess suddenly appears. Muramasa calms Musashi by telling her the Priestess' role is to be an arbiter, so there is nothing she can do but observe. Having finished helping Prometheus-Hephaestus, he advises both Adele and Macarios to not recklessly sacrifice their lives before leaving the atelier.
At some temple in Atlantis, Muramasa is seen conversing with Rasputin. Senji asks if the Alien God suffered damage due to Wodime's Sirius Light, which the priest denies. Rasputin admits that, thanks to Kirschtaria, the apostles who would be considered unneccesary after the arrival of the Alien God can continue to live, although for some reason the efforts to communicate with Limbo have been unsuccessful. Muramasa asks which orders their master can have for them, to which Rasputin clarifies him that the Alien God has two interests. Senji is entrusted with the investigation of the spear that is capable of burning the Fantasy Tree in the English Lostbelt. When Muramasa asks the Priest if he is going to act as her bodyguard, Rasputin tells him he is in charge in obtaining a more powerful vessel than the one the Alien God is currently inhabiting. An incredulous Senji is unable to believe there is a stronger vessel for an existence who can be considered supreme, but Kotomine affirms that it actually exists: the Ultimate One of the Oort Cloud.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Although he claims to be a simple blacksmith and lacking any great military strategy, as expected of a Heroic Spirit summoned by the Counter Force, Muramasa is a very powerful and skillful combatant. He is mentioned as being a swordsman skilled enough to cut even causality. His reflexes are fast enough to dodge Lancer of Purgatorio's spear, who was empowered by the Curse of Annihilation at the time and counter at the same time with his Sword Trial Art, blowing up his entire upper body apart in the process. According to Miyamoto Musashi, Muaramasa may be strong, but his is the kind of strength you get by not worrying about protecting yourself. When facing off against a Heroic Spirit Swordmaster, who have to ability to regenerate, it'll end up on a draw. When fighting with just a "pathetic little knife", he is unable to harm Shirou Amakusa even when having the aid of Kotarou.
As a blacksmith, he is confident about his skills as he has reached the territory of God. He was capable of using Shirou's Reality Marble Unlimited Blade Works, utilizing the countless swords within it to forge Tsumukari Muramasa.
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Magic Resistance (B Rank): No information available.
- Territory Creation (A Rank): Muramasa's whole workshop just never stops following him. Senji Muramasa's own workshop ――― acts with a smithy as its base. Obviously it's completely different from that of a mage, but apparently the class skill of Casters was given as an interpretation at the moment of manifesting as a Servant. As the most excellent of craftsmen, he has an exceptional Territory Creation ability.
- Appreciation of Swords (A Rank): A skill similar yet different to Appreciation of the Arts. Comprehension related to armament. With just one glance, he can grasp how to confront ordinary weapons that aren't Noble Phantasms. In the case of the rank being A or higher, it's possible to understand armament other than swords and blades. It works as accurate advice for allies, and perceives the weak ponts of the enemy.
- Contemporary Ill Omen (B Rank): A skill derived from the legends revolving around the katana with the signature of Muramasa, the so-called "Wicked Sword Muramasa". The katana created by Senji Muramasa and his school are said to bring misfortune to the rulers of the Tokugawa family. In FGO, it works as a "special attack against governors/kings".
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Sword Trial (B+ Rank): Trying out the sword. Test slashes, test swordsmanship. A method to measure the sharpness and performance of swords. Senji Muramasa can freely draw out the power endowed to a weapon. If he felt like it, he could even draw out its maximum power to the point of the weapon self-destructing in a single stroke.
- Eye of Karma (A Rank): A dormant ability possessed by the body. A subspecies of the skill Clairvoyance. Improves both static and dynamic visual acuity. Insight specialized only for battle action. With this body he can't set his eyes on destiny like with Clairvoyance… Supposedly, but due to the values of Muramasa, who set his eyes on the "karma" within the flames during his lifetime, the hawk eyes pierce not only the prey, but also their destiny that lies ahead.
- Flame (EX Rank): Casting and forging with one's whole body and spirit, to the point of burning up oneself. "Every astrigency, every longstanding desire, every unnaturality――― Everything in order to reach this single stroke"
Noble Phantasm[edit | edit source]
Other Creations[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Myoujingiri Muramasa
- During the Greek Lostbelt, he was capable of crafting a weapon to strike down Titan Atlas, leaving the void within the Fantasy Tree available for the Alien God to descend.
Development[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant - Shimosa Province: The Stage of Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Corpses, Chapter 4
- Fate/Grand Order Material Book V - Parvati Profile.
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant - Shimosa Province: The Stage of Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Corpses, Chapter 3
- Fate/Grand Order Epic of Remnant - Shimosa Province: The Stage of Rivers of Blood and Mountains of Corpses, Act 15
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Atlantis: Ocean in the Age of Titans, Chapter 13
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Atlantis: Ocean in the Age of Titans, Chapter 10
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City, Chapter 17
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Atlantis: Ocean in the Age of Titans, Chapter 26
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City, Chapter 15
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City, Chapter 24
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City, Epilogue
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant Shimosa: Section 14 Ultima Cantica: The Stage of Carnage, Onriedo (Middle)
 Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Animation Material I - Kinoko and Takashi Q & A, p.041 [T]
Q: Sasaki Kojirou spent his entire live sword training in the mountains, so how did he acquire a sword like the Bitchu Aoe (Blue River of Bitchu)? Was he not spending his time farming on the farmlands?
Q: Sasaki Kojirou spent his entire live sword training in the mountains, so how did he acquire a sword like the Bitchu Aoe (Blue River of Bitchu)? Was he not spending his time farming on the farmlands? <Sunday>
Nasu: Kojirou is the son of a ordinary farming family, living an ordinary farm life and separated from ordinary common sense. Ordinarily He met a master swordsman who had retired deep into the mountains, and began his ordinary life in the mountains himself. He was enthralled by the swordsmanship of the master, and he began training under him the next day. After one month, the master swordsman drew his last breath, and Kojirou completely threw himself into the path of a swordsman. By the way, what the master swordsman talked on about was the refined behavior of a swordsman--a communion with nature, so to speak. He did not instruct Kojirou on anything related to sword techniques. The Bitchu Aoe may have been the master's, or perhaps he received it from the Holy Grail when the legendary soul was summoned. It is simply something thought to be part of who he is.
Takeuchi: So he only witnessed the opening of a performance [referring to swordmanship]... so he's really a genius among geniuses isn't he!?
Nasu: Isn't it obvious. Don't underestimate a chivalrous man person who is eligible as a Servant despite being nameless. He was raised in both mind and body in those mountains. Even without a katana that master swordsman can cut through dimensions. Sengo Muramasa, that which can cut even casualty.
佐々木小次郎は生前ずっと山で剣を振るだけの人生を過こしたそうですが、そうするとどうやって備中青江のような業物を手に入れたので しょうか？というか、ちゃんと農民として農作 業をしたりしてたのでしようか？ ＜Sunday＞
奈：あの男はフツーの農家の子供で、フツーに村の暮らしとか人間の常識からズレていて、フツーに山奥に隠れるように隠居した剣聖に出会い、フツーに山で暮らすようになったんだ。はじめて剣聖の太刀筋を見た時に心奪われ、翌日から弟子入りするも剣聖はひと月ほどで息を引き取り、後はいびつながらも純粋に剣の道を究めた。ちなみに、剣聖が話してきかせたものは剣士としての雅な立ち振る舞いーーー即ち花鳥風月のみ。剣に関しては佐々木某に何一つ教えなかつた。備中青江は剣聖の持ち物か、 あるいは英霊と して召喚された時に聖杯から与えられた。佐々木小次郎としての出で立ち、と思われます。
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant Shimosa: Section 3 Prima Cantica: Purgatorio (Ending)
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant Shimosa: Section 10 Quarta Cantica: Kalasutra Hell (Beginning)
- Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant Shimosa: Section 15 Ultima Cantica: The Stage of Carnage, Onriedo (Ending)
- Fate/Grand Order material I - Emiya, p.105