Sitonai (シトナイ, Shitonai?), Class Name Alter Ego (アルターエゴ, Arutā Ego?), is an Alter Ego-class High-Servant & Pseudo-Servant appearing in the Lostbelts of Fate/Grand Order. She is later summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Role
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Development
- 5 References
Profile[edit | edit source]
Identity[edit | edit source]
The Saint Graph's registered True Name is Sitonai. This is due to the fact that it seems like Sitonai is the one who manifests the strongest outside among the three Heroic Spirits (Divine Spirits) gathered inside the yorishiro.
The person who became the container for these Divine Spirits is not a human Mage, but the latest and the final Homunculus created by the Einzberns. One possessing Command Seals that cover the entire length of her body, first-class precision in Magecraft and the best performance when it comes to being a Master. The ability to function as the Lesser Grail is also concealed in that body.
Components[edit | edit source]
Sitonai[edit | edit source]
The first component of the Alter Ego is the little girl hero Sitonai of Ainu mythology. A dragon slayer that defeated the man-eater white dragon that frightened her native village (kotan). Perhaps the circumstances of Sitonai, who was chosen by the white dragon that sought human flesh as 「the latest sacrifice」 and confronted this without fear, and of the homunculus who had to challenge the killing that is the Holy grail War with her body as the Lesser Holy Grail, overlapped. Furthermore, the hound that is her comrade of arms appears this time as a "constantly active-type Noble Phantasm" together with her.
Freyja[edit | edit source]
The second component of the Alter Ego is the goddess Freyja (フレイヤ, Fureiya?) of Norse mythology. The beautiful goddess ruling over fertility and love, death and magecraft. She probably was the first to claim that the homunculus should be the vessel. Freyja reacted against the existence of the Norse Lostbelt, and attempted to manifest as a High Servant by taking the initiative. Rather than circumstances or nature, it's likely that she held interest in the homunculus as a young girl.
Louhi[edit | edit source]
The third component of the Alter Ego is the witch Louhi (ロウヒ, Rouhi?) of Finnish mythology. The queen of Pohjola kingdom that the national epic "Kalevala" speaks about. A mighty entity that made the people of the country of Kalevala suffer by sealing the sun and the moon in a cave and evoking coldness. Apparently she felt a strong sympathy with the homunculus that has an area of ice and snow as her imagined landscape.
Lostbelt[edit | edit source]
At the Norse Lostbelt, she appears as a Servant of Human Order.
She was captured by the king of the Lostbelt, Scáthach-Skadi, but from beginning to end, she continued assisting in Chaldea's actions to cut down the Quixotic Tree.
Regarding Scáthach-Skadi, from the awakening of the goddess Freyja, possessing a legend as "Skaði's daughter" in Pan-Human History, and the personality of the homunculus that became the vessel, she showed a strong fixation with the relationship of 「mother and daughter」.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
A girl who shows a pure smile. However, that smile hides a great cruelty----
Personality-wise, she resembles that of the homunculus who became the base. The young Heroic Spirit Sitonai of the Ainu who displays the courage to fight unfitting of her age, the Goddess of Love Freya who shows sympathy to her opponents, and the witch Louhi who mercilessly slaughters her opponents... While it is possible to manifest any aspect of their personalities into the Alter Ego, for now it takes after the personality of “the girl who became the vessel”.
Not good with cats.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
"As expected, Berserker is strong." Sitonai retains Illyasviel's memories of Heracles from their time in the Holy Grail War, and he recognizes and protects her by instinct.
Someone whom to give a quiet and in some respects sad look.
Sitonai won't say the reason.
Irisviel (Dress of Heaven)
She doesn't hesitate in saying she's a being to be admired.
Her eyes shine every time she sees her… but, she seems to avoid meeting her in person.
Sitonai doesn't have memories from the Norse Lostbelt, but she seems to try to come in contact with her based on their relationship at the Lostbelt.
Considering carefully that Skaði had all her memories.
In the case Master has contracted this Heroic Spirit she'll be disillusioned.
She's supposed to hate him but...
The atmosphere is so different, she can't hate him at all.
It's as if she felt really familiar. And this fierce presence!
"Eh, jaguar? Isn't she a cat?"
Role[edit | edit source]
Fate/Grand Order[edit | edit source]
Götterdämmerung: The Eternal Ice-Flame Century[edit | edit source]
The Mysterious Country of ONILAND!! ~ The Oni King and the Kamuy's Gold[edit | edit source]
Sitonai appears when she rescues Ritsuka and his team from some Oni. Leading them to her cabin, she explains what is going in Oniland and how Kamuy's gold is the source of the singularity. At the end of her explanation, Ibaraki challenges Sitonai to a battle and she agrees.
After the battle, Sitonai accompanies the group to the merry-go-round where they battle Medb. Once the battle is over, Sitonai collects the gold fragment (which is actually a small mass of magical power) and tells the group that their next target is the giant tea cups.
At the Tea Cups, Sitonai's group encounters a gold version of Blackbeard who challenges them to a fight. Once the battle is over, Sitonai collects the gold fragment and the group decides to get some lunch at the food court.
At the Food Court, Sitonai spots EMIYA getting roped into helping make curry. Noticing her reaction, Ritsuka, asks her about it. Sitonai remarks that she is fine and just thought that she recognized someone. During their meal, they get pulled into another fight with a pack of Oni. After defeating them, the group are confronted by Gold Servants, Gilles de Rais and Jack the Ripper, where they are once again saved by Magifender Girl. After the battle, Sitonai once again collects the gold from the Servants as they disappear. She then announces that their next stop is the House of Mirrors.
At the House of Mirrors, the group get lost and wind up bumping into Blackbeard, Dr. Jekyll, Christopher Columbus, Mephistopheles and the Phantom. Traveling together, the group winds up at an intersection. Deciding to split up, Ritsuka's team heads down one path. Suddenly, they hear a scream and run back to discover that Blackbeard has been stabbed. The other Servants then return. Arguing, Ritsuka's team ends up fighting against Christopher Columbus, Mephistopheles and the Phantom.
After the battle, the Phantom tries to attack Ritsuka from behind, but finds himself unable to do it. This leads Mephistopheles to realize something isn't right with Jekyll. He points out that Jekyll seemed strangely calm when the Phantom was about to attack Ritsuka and suggests that it is out of character for him. Fed up, Jekyll transforms into Hyde and reveals that he is the real culprit all along. He then summons his Oni hoardes and calls the team a bother which causes Sitonai to remark that she doesn't like that sort of thing and never wants to see his dirty soul again. As Hyde is about to attack the party, Magifender Girl arrives and helps Ritsuka's team defeat Hyde. After the battle, Sitonai collects the gold fragment and the team decides to take a break.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Sitonai is the amalgamation of three Divine Spirits manifesting as a Pseudo-Servant in the body of Illyasviel von Einzbern. Although Illyasviel was a daughter of the Einzebern family, she never made a mark in humanity and as such, she never became a Heroic Spirit. The reason she's capable of manifesting as an Alter Ego of three deities is that she has an inextricable bond to the Holy Grail. She fights using a sword, bow and arrow, her fists, and her bear familiar Shirou.
Sitonai boasts a deep knowledge of magecraft, being able to use the earth's leylines alongside Scáthach-Skadi to boost Ritsuka's party with their blessings and protection, allowing Sigurd and Brynhildr to deal the final blow against Surtr.
She's also capable of momentarily summoning Berserker Heracles as her personal Giant Guard to aid her in battle. However, even with the back up of Scáthach-Skadi, who used her Primordial Runes to simultaneously summon a large number of Divine Iron Shields, Ortlinde's White Swan Mystic Code, and Sigurd's and Brynhildr's runes, were unable to reinforce Heracles enough to block Surtr's Loptr Laegjarn. The difference between the numbers of the power of each side is so absurd, that even if Mash had joined them it would only have given them a minuscule boost. They simply lacked anything to turn the tide in their favor in a frontal clash.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
- Magic Resistance (C Rank): Repels most ordinary magecraft, but can't defend from High-Thaumaturgy · Greater Rituals.
- Territory Creation (A Rank): A skill granted by the nature of the witch Louhi. Can create a special territory that comes under the category of 「cave」, 「darkness」.
- Item Construction (B Rank): A skill granted by the nature of the witch Louhi. Since she doesn't get much serious, it stops at rank B.
- Divine Core of the Goddess (B Rank): A skill that represents that one is a goddess. It is also a composite skill that includes Divinity. Classified as B Rank because Sitonai is a kind of Servant possession.
- High-Servant (A Rank): A skill that displays that one is a complex of Heroic Spirits. The three Heroic Spirits (Divine Spirits) Sitonai, Freyja, and Louhi are lending their power. Moreover, she calls herself 「Sitonai」. Her True Name at the summoning of Chaldea's style is registered as Sitonai as well.
Personal Skills[edit | edit source]
- Snow Fairy (EX Rank): A unique skill as an Alter Ego, defined as an id_es. The evolution of the Child of Nature skill. Once she comes to the clear decision of treating them as a target of attack, even the loved ones can be frozen. The ability to arbitrarily freeze the targets of the surroundings. She mostly doesn't use this power for attack, and mainly uses it as a defensive ability. Against beings with hostile intent or harmful beings, it operates automatically. Auto-guard.
- Emotional Freezing (B Rank): Emotional freezing. Emotionlessness. While she is a girl that smiles innocently, her thoughts and mentality that sometimes act like those of a ruthless demon, have become a weapon. The heart of ice sometimes becomes a sword, and sometimes becomes armor.
- Kamuy Yukar (A Rank): An anthem in first person that speaks of oneself as a Kamuy. She as an Alter Ego can borrow the power of several Kamuy from Ainu mythology by reciting the Kamuy Yukara. It's even possible to make use of the power revolving around the top Kamuy of mountains, villages, and the open seas, Pase-kamuy.
- Crimson Gold (B++ Rank): A skill of the Norse Goddess Freyja. She, who attracted not only gods but also giants, loved only one person and it was said that tears of crimson gold flowed out as Freyja wept thinking about him, who lived only to travel. This skill is not used in Fate/Grand Order.
Noble Phantasm[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
Creation and Conception[edit | edit source]
Comment from Illustrator[edit | edit source]
An Ainu-y Illya-san. Or rather Ainu outfits are approximately like this. I lasciviously reduced the ornaments, and given she’s SN Illya I increased the elder sister facial expressions. I change the characters I’m responsible for again and again many times, but Sitonai was like that as well. If I thought she was going to be a techniques character she was a fighter-type, Shirou was a dog a the beginning, and there was even a plan to make the bear speak. Now it’s a charming bear but initially it was realistic. It was unpopular because it was 「Scary! (lol)」 so I made it in a fantastic style. Also, if there is a chance I’d like to add many Costume Dresses. (BLACK)
References[edit | edit source]
- Fate/Grand Order - Sitonai, Profile
- Fate/Grand Order material VII - Sitonai, Profile translated by King of Padoru
- Fate/Grand Order Game - Profile Voice Section
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Götterdämmerung: Section 8 The Other Goddess (End)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Götterdämmerung: Section 16 Beyond the Gaze
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Götterdämmerung: Section 15 Bringing Twilight Here Once Again (End)