Name Order? Edit
It's come to my attention that several people's names are in an odd order here. While perfectly understandable for the western characters like Waver and Kayneth, but Shirou being Japanese shouldn't his last name be put first like Kiritsugu and Ryuunosuke? Hawkeye2701 12:23, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
- It's pretty common on english language wikis to present things in our standard given THEN surname order. I understand the desire to be faithful to Japanese, but if we were utterly about that we'd be typing in kanji and not romanizing them anyway. Better to use english order, then make a note about the order being reversed (and kanji spelling) afterward. +Yc 15:49, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Shirou's Magic CircuitsEdit
- "Once his real Circuits are awakened, he goes through extreme pain and suffering as his nervous system gets used to the new intake of energy. This leaves him with weak Circuits that can barely handle ten units of prana each."
- I've edited the section to reflect what I said since I cannot find any proof of that rather misleading paragraph that implies his old method of training caused his weak circuits. Please show evidence if you are going to reverse the edit. --Junky (talk) 02:32, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I assume it's in the studio Deen's Fate/stay night animation book but I need someone to verify this source. Nikonu (talk) 11:30, October 31, 2014 (UTC)
- top lel Sandubadear (talk) 12:27, October 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah and so is Archer. Those two are definitely his enemies.Palantian (talk) 23:46, February 27, 2015 (UTC)
Okay there has been some confusion going around regarding Shirou's Name. In the past few months, people have been claiming that his first name isn't his original first name. Now while it is obvious that he gets his surname from his adoptive father, it is now debated whether his first name is his original first name. Now from what I've learned the problem first arised when Wikipedia wrote the following:
And now there has been some debate. With that said I felt that it would be best to consult some professional help. Seeing as it is that we can't seem to contact much less interview the creators at Type-Moon, I felt it best to consult the the people who run their Wiki/Wikia.
Now then, I ask you Is Shirou's first name Shirou or was it given to him by his adopted father Kiritsugu Emiya?22.214.171.124 13:40, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Well the Guys down at Wikipedia are very strict about facts. But that does not mean the their sources could been interpreted wrongly, or that those facts could be out dated. Fornow I'm not sure. Try talking to EGGS he may know about it. He's also the Administrator here.126.96.36.199 10:32, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
Does Shirou suffer from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?Edit
Question Does Shirou Emiya suffer from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, (PTSD)?188.8.131.52 03:04, October 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Hmm...Hard to say. Though he shows 2 of the 3 main/major symptoms of PTSD, that being:
- 1) Re-experiencing trauma through intrusive distressing recollections of the event, flashbacks, and nightmares.
- 2) Increased arousal such as sleep-problems difficulty sleeping and concentrating, feeling jumpy, and being easily irritated and angered.
- He isn't shown to suffer from the the third symptom:
- 3) Emotional numbness and avoidance of places, people, and activities that are reminders of the trauma.
- Also I ain't a psychologist so I can't really answer your Question. I mostly got these answers based on other's opinions, and analysing the character in the game.Vindicator22 (talk) 03:52, October 19, 2016 (UTC)
- It's important to remember that this is a fictional character. That means that someone wrote him. If that person didn't imagine this trait, and didn't add the symptoms on purpose, then it's stupid to ask if he does have it. And the author could even have unknowingly added symptoms that point to it without wanting his character to actually have this trait.
- So the answer is very simple: if Nasu didn't think of it, and until someone asks him and he says "that's actually a good idea" then no, he doesn't have PTSD.
- PTSD is a big deal. Shirou was very obviously written with a serious trauma, but unless it's actually named as such in the source, you don't need to give it your arbitrary label. 184.108.40.206 21:02, October 19, 2016 (UTC)
Okay so for now it is safe too say that Shirou Doesn't have (PTSD). Okay Thanks guys.220.127.116.11 00:57, October 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey wait, doesn't Shirou experience emotional numbness in the game when in battle? If so then doesn't that mean he suffers from all three Main/Major symptoms? Now I don't know about the avoidence of places, people and activities part but, the emotional numbness part is something right? GathN7 (talk) 01:49, October 20, 2016 (UTC)
- No I'm afraid that that particular sympthom is still ambiguous, See in the game and animes Shirou engages in activites and goes to places that remind him of traumatic event that he has been through. For example when he goes to the Fuyuki Central Park, where his original/biological family's home originally was, he is only shown to be lamenting about past, and even wishes that the city would consider putting more flowers and field there and make it look less desolete. Rather then avoid the place, he actually confronts his past and tries to move forward from there.
- But that's not to say that you are wrong or anything, he does experience emotional numbness. But that is mostly when he is faced with enemies and the possibility of losing and death.Vindicator22 (talk) 02:03, October 20, 2016 (UTC)
Well from now I think that, like the other unknown said, we can't truly confirm if Shirou suffers from PTSD or not, unless the creator Nasu confirms it. But this is a very insightful discussion.18.104.22.168 02:09, October 20, 2016 (UTC)
Blushing/Nervous in UBW Episode 6 Edit
Why was Shirou blushing and nervous while explaining strengthening magic to Saber, if in this route he has feelings for Rin? Does he have feelings for/attraction to both of them in either route, while his actions change between the Fate route vs Unlimited Blade Works route? - BlitzGundam (talk) 06:44, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Regardless route, Shirou is essentially always initially attracted (emotionally and sexually) to both Saber and Rin. But how story progresses, his feeling eventually develop differently depending on relationships which he establish with girls in various routes, untill they settle one particular girl. This his emotional development however has various speed in each route. For example in HF Shirou quickly shift from them to Sakura, once he realises, how beautiful she became, at very beginning of route putting in motion whole story. Contrariwise in UBW his emotional progress is probably slowest in entire novel, not settling on Rin until at least half of story. Episode 6 which you are talking about is set in part of story where Shirou is still emotionally confused and still attracted to Saber same way he is for Rin, so it's not surprising for him being nervous when she is around. For him she is still very beautiful girl, so no wonder that hormones are working on him. Shirou is still normal growing young man after all. It doesn't mean that if UBW is Rin's route, that Shirou immediately loves her and is locked just on her. Rather, it's about that how his initial attraction towards "most beautiful girl on school" turn into actual love for Rin. Until then you simply see young man who is surrounded by beautiful girls and must deal with that. On top of that UBW additionally keeps another twist in form of possibility for player to keep Shirou "partially emotionally undecided" to very end of story and allowing threesome Good End. - Otakuman007 (talk)
Shirou Emiya Page Error. Edit
Okay, today, on June 16, a random FANDOM user has made two edits that have completly vandalised the page. I have tried to undo the edits, but I could only undo the latest one and not the one that caused the issue which can be clearly seen. I need someone with more experience to come fix this issue and the help page said this was where to come to unless I read it wrong.
So please, can someone come fixed this mess.
EDIT: EGGS has sorted the issue. If you ever see this, Thank You EGGS; I was in a panic the whole time.