During the Age of Gods in which the existence of underworlds were prevalent, there was a separation between "physical death" and "spiritual death." It was possible for a soul to be taken from the body and later returned so long as the body was preserved, viewed as a type of medical treatment in some cultures. Should the soul have been destroyed before reaching its respective underworld, the body would eventually perish. The soul being taken to the underworld itself wasn't death, but rather the nothingness beyond that underworld was actual death.
- Main article: Doomsday Come
There is a field of soul cages containing deceased souls within Kur. In Kur, there are seven gates that one needs to pass through in order to reach Ereshkigal's palace. The gates will ask a binary question that's fair and logical to test a soul's morality.
Datsue-ba is an oni of Hell tasked with collecting the fare used to pay the ferryman to cross the Sanzu RiverWP by stripping the dead of their clothing. She was the wife of Enma, and it was said she had been in Hell longer than Enma himself.
Tokoyo-no-Kuni (常世の国?) is a paradise afterlife in Japanese mythology which is located across the sea. It is surrounded by violent waves, which Sukunabikona crossed on the boat Ame-no-Kagaminofune.
Not a traditional underworld, the underground infrastructure of the city Olympus known as Tartarus is the domain of Hades and thus possesses the name of the underworld, originally designed to facilitate maintenance of the city's systems. The structure of Tartarus is comprised of the fallen of the Titanomachia, Gigantomachia and Olympiamachia, and as such, it is referred to as a 'country of the dead'. Due to the lingering influence of Hades's Authority, Zeus cannot conduct surveillance in the majority of the undercity besides areas of shallow depth (downtown areas) without expending a considerable amount of his resources.
XibalbaWP is the underworld of the MayaWP. Quetzalcoatl also refers to it as the AztecWP underworld and associates its power with the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. Rasputin states that there is a golden sea of trees in the belly of the underworld known as Xibalba that is home to the Ultimate One of the Oort cloud.
- Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts - Section 4: Hardworking Citizens of Uruk
- Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Absolute Demonic Front - Section 14: Goodbye, Goddess of the Underworld
- Fate/Grand Order - Miyama Onsen Grand Shrine and Restaurant, Enma-tei — Section 7 - About Enma-tei's History
- Fate/Grand Order x Fate/Requiem Collaboration Event: Board Game Apocalypse - Section 2: The Lost "Reaper"
- Fate/Grand Order - Utsumi Erice (Avenger) Profile - Translated by Comun
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountain City - Section 17: Souls To Be Equals in Due Course (IV)
- Notes on Olympus by fallacies
- Fate/Grand Order - Babylonia: Absolute Demonic Front - Section 20: Absolute Demonic Front Mesopotamia (I)
- Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt - Olympus: Interstellar Mountainous City - Epilogue