Report of pop-up ad infestion in mobile version Edit
Mobile version of this site is seemed being infested by pop-up ad freeprize.cf, causing me to frequently seeing it popping up during visits, other fandom.com subsidiary wikis do not seemed to have this issue (at least for fate/grand order wiki & gundam wiki). I know wiki admins may not be able to do anything about it (in case mobile version of wikis is managed by separated personel) but informing you at least give me hope that this problem reporting will most likely reach people that responsible for running the mobile version.
- I sent a support message. You can do so as well here. If you provide a screenshot, they can likely better figure out if there is an issue. EGGS (talk) 01:31, January 28, 2019 (UTC)
Edit error. Edit
Hey, you accidently caused a reference error with your latest edit on Photon Ray. I can't fix it since I have no idea where the problem is other than it has to do with Fairy Snow Photon Ray being added, somehow. Just to let you know in case you didn't.
Great King of Destruction Edit
What would your thoughts be on the "King" page? Should i leave it, remove the title entirely, or remove the great? I cant read such characters, so I wanted your thoughts. Zahadrin (talk) 22:37, March 11, 2019 (UTC)
- It depends on the context of the wording. Is it an active title, or a one time descriptor? EGGS (talk) 14:21, March 12, 2019 (UTC)
Hey EGGS, thanks for the message and the help. I would dispute having to have separate categories for religious Jews vs ethnic Jews considering that Judaism is an ethnoreligion, however. SacroMundi (talk) 01:56, May 19, 2019 (UTC)
Wiki Manager introduction Edit
Hello, I'm Flanqer, and I'm the Wiki Manager for the TYPE-MOON Wiki. I introduced myself in Discussions, but wanted to drop you a personal message since you're the active admin. I'm here to help you and your community, and to be a liaison to full-time Fandom Staff. If you ever have any questions related to the wiki, whether it's about editing, styling, infoboxes, policy, etc, please contact me on my talk page.
(Don't take the "manager" part of my title seriously. For a clearer explanation of my role, see the announcement on Community Central.)
Hello Type-Moon Admin EGGS,
As you are the only active admin I can find here in Type-Moon Wiki, do you welcome the idea of being affiliated with the Overlord Wiki? I can't seem to find any affiliation requirements from this wiki, so I was wondering if there is any that needs to be met before doing so.
- Sure, nothing special. Feel free to toss it on the main page. EGGS (talk) 00:23, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
Thank you as always for approving our wiki affiliation.
But what othwr entities can you pin designs like "a young boy with skeletal wax and feathered wings? Or Sea Captains with a fake leg, cane, and blatantly saying hed normally be an Avenger? Those sound pretty specific to me. Zahadrin (talk) 21:47, June 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, those along with half of the Learn with Manga Servants are completely obvious, but we'll await official revelations. The difference for Asclepius is Narita tweeting four different tweets explaining the difference between LB4 Asclepius and shadow Asclepius. The only thing he doesn't actually do is state the name, but there is no other LB4 Servant it could even reasonably ever be anyways. The only way to reasonably list the information is to name him, otherwise it would just need to be needlessly vague dodging around stating his name while still linking to Asclepius' article. That would just look dumb. EGGS (talk) 21:58, June 23, 2019 (UTC)
Hello, is it possible that you can list the Type-Moon and Fate Discords on the wiki? the link is
This server is basically the fate and type-moon discord server. It has over 3k members and is also the official discord of the fate/stay night and type-moon subreddits on Reddit. I would also, appreciate it if you linked the Fate/Stay Night and the Type-Moon subreddit on the wiki. It would be useful for people who use Reddit. I would appreciate it if you were affiliated with us.
I'm Sorry..But my photo 74569280 p0 master1200.jpg be deleted..i'm not known Why and who did this.
I would hope help...thank.
Re: Sorry I was the one who requested to delete, I had my evidences for doing so
"It appears to have a connection with consumption and extinction." in Aozaki_Aoko page
The reason I requested a deletion is that  sourced Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Bearing the principles of consumption and extinction, the newest magician launched her attack!
However the quote is from Chapter 6. A part of the story where the Fifth Magic have not yet entered in action: https://i.imgur.com/0JZoEpX.png
Would you consider my request or not?
126.96.36.199 09:56, July 28, 2019 (UTC)
- I haven't bothered to read Mahoyo yet due to Translation Never, but makes sense to remove it if that context is correct. EGGS (talk) 20:09, July 29, 2019 (UTC)
Why was my edit changed? Its simple math. If the Fourth War occurred in 1994, then the Third War exactly sixty years prior had to occur in 1934, the Second in 1874, and the First in 1814. This is one of the few details that has never been changed, so I honestly do not understand how it negatively impacts the site. Please let me know.
- They have never been officially revealed, and the 3HGW happened during WWII. Those "around XXXX" are from CM3, so they are seemingly purposely vague for the reason of being able to later establish exact dates. EGGS (talk) 04:18, August 1, 2019 (UTC)
Page background and transparency Edit
If you don't mind some constructive criticism, may I suggest that you reduce the page transparency in the wiki's theme settings? Transparency looks cool, but it can also be distracting, and may cause some people to have trouble reading the text.
A better alternative would be to use a background image that has the most interesting parts on the sides, where it won't be obscured by the page text. The Witcher and Devil May Cry wikis are good examples of this.
- I feel like the current contrast is fine, but I could just be used to it. It looks fine on any device I've used, but I don't know if there's any difference on other devices. EGGS (talk) 14:40, August 12, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for that. I really appreciate it.
- It allows for ease of editing and the tracking of what pages use what term. It also allows for ease of page moving. If, hypothetically, we were to split Waver and Lord El-Melloi II for some weird reason, the split would be extremely easy with the redirects in place. EGGS (talk) 13:41, September 7, 2019 (UTC)
Foreignoer Class Card Edit
I'm not really used to editing a wiki, but I wanted to replace a picture on Haruri's page (Harui & Filia.png) with a better quality one, however when I tried to upload the new image this warning appeared: File extension ".png" does not match the detected MIME type of the file (image/jpeg). I think it is because the file images are not of the same type, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Should I convert the image I have into a png, just ignore the warning, or any other recommendations? Leviatree (talk) 15:44, October 11, 2019 (UTC)
- It needs to be the same file type to replace it, so either convert it or just upload it as a new file and replace it. EGGS (talk) 18:32, October 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Day X is only used in the context of the bad ends currently, so that just means nobody has added any or Day 12 doesn't have any. EGGS (talk) 12:47, October 25, 2019 (UTC)
I would like to ask what happened to the Eye of the Mind (False) and (True) Skills listed under Personal Skills A-F? It is not the only skill that appears to have gone missing either.
Morgan Le Fay as Servant? Edit
Regarding Morgan Le Fay, do you believe it is possible for her to be summoned as a Caster-class Servant? Personally, I believe that either Caster or Assassin would suit her best. As for parameters, I suspect:
- Yes, but this really isn't the place for that. If you'd like to share speculation/fan fiction, you can use the Discuss tab (though it's quite dead) or a user blog. There's also a fanon wiki where you can make fan fiction articles. EGGS (talk) 20:16, December 5, 2019 (UTC)
Can I talk something over? Edit
Sorry for bothering you but I don't know who else to ask about this here. There is a certain matter concerning the Type-Moon Wiki which is getting me down at the moment. Due to my current workload, I cannot do anything about it at present, and I don't have confidence in my ability to deal with certain sensitivities connected to it. Rather than let my feelings fester, I thought it would be better to talk it over with someone, and I thought you would be the right person to ask.
Would it be OK to talk to you about this?
- Sure. EGGS (talk) 02:23, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay, EGGS. I've been interrupted by a large-scale task while feeling a bit awkward and hesitating somewhat due to a certain anon's blunt approach covering some of what was troubling me. Would it still be OK to talk after the task is out of the way? Inept Wiki User (talk) 17:28, December 20, 2019 (UTC)
Anime (Prisma Illya) CitationEdit
Because of your good point and changes on the Prisma Page, I'm trying to do citiations, but I'm relatively new at how to do it. Currently, I don't know how to do it when it comes to the anime sources. WhalBP (talk) 05:58, December 24, 2019 (UTC)
- If you mean citations in general, <ref> and </ref> should be used to encapsulate the reference. You can also do <ref name = "Name"> and </ref> and then use <ref name = "Name"/> to call up the same citation for multiple instances. In general, it'd be best to use the manga for references as it's the primary material and much easier to check. If you're using anime original scenes or just want to cite it anyway, you'd want to do "[[Series]], Season Name, Ep.XX" at least, but "[[Series]], Season Name, Ep.XX, XX:XX-XX:XX" would be the best way to do it. You can explore more on references and other topics here.
- Also, while I dislike the relationship sections in general due to how they end up as pools of speculation and nonsense, they're fine to exist. I simply deleted those because they're just hopeless. Ideally, every single sentence should be cited with an objective, neutral mindset. EGGS (talk) 11:58, December 24, 2019 (UTC)
Agree in the regards to the relationship part. I was trying to see it in a neutral mindset based on manga (and anime) material, but it appears that wasn't the case considering what happened, hence why I'm doing citations. Thanks on the anime citations advice. I'm trying to at least cite anime scenes that was also directly from the manga. --WhalBP (talk) 21:11, December 24, 2019 (UTC)
I originally wrote the articles after noticing that main FSN characters have those as well and felt that Prismas should get their own. I essentially did what you say and wrote it with neutral mindset, but decided to describe girls feeling without typical "may possibly mean maybe", "can possibly hint perhaps", and etc. crap, that tries make girls feelings purposely ambiguous. Main reason why I decided for that is that Prisma in many aspects is "parody" of Nanoha, including "discussability" of the relationship between heroines. But while Nanoha makes relationships truly ambiguous and you can argue whether heroines are just good friends that live together, or actual lesbian lovers, so such ambiguity in description is in place. Prisma goes further and takes "discussability" of their "relationships" from different angle. While you can still argue about nature of their feelings, you can't deny, that there are some "feelings" present. Even official materials are not trying to hide it. So I believe that description should not avoid that or downplay it with some "hinted possibly maybe" crap as well. Series itself even pulls various jokes on this matter as for example Miyu's "I think, I kind of understand it" statement after reading Yaoi manga in one episode. I can understand that this subject is delicate and people may start see shipping everywhere. But I don't think, the description should avoid or "holding back" subject just because of fearing "shipping rage". Series itself doesn't do it. Off course I don't say we should writing that Illya, Miyu and Kuro are lesbians/bisexuals that love each other when series itself never confirmed that. But I think, that some acknowledgment of girls having various levels of crushes on each other is in place. Since it pretty much descript how girls acts towards each other and are portrayed across series. This truly is not Nanoha, where you could say "They are FRIENDS, JUST FRIENDS, there is nothing sexual between them". Sincerely there IS. We can just argue about reasons. :D --Otakuman007 (talk) December 24, 2019 (UTC)
- I get the series is using extreme fan service while also trying to maintain ambiguity, but the purpose of this site is to act as an objective as possible. We can list "X happened, Y reacted," but there should be no outside analysis on how Y feels about X. EGGS (talk) 14:10, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
- There is no need some analysis. From the perspective of girls' portrayal within series, their feelings are pretty clear.
Illya - not counting moments where her "swich" is triggered, she acts most normal, out of all girls. There is nothing much to write about her in this regard (not even was in my original description). At most is just worth to point out, that she is emotionally confused about Miyu's attachment, or Chloe's manatransfers. And eventually just crying accepts being labeled as "gay" by her classmates, since it's only story that she can think off to cover-up their Magical Girl activities.
Miyu - on other hand has pretty clear crush on Illya, while we can argue whether it's pure platonic crush or full romantic feelings, series do mostly various hints ("I will do better next time scene" scene or Chloe's "you really like Illya, do you?", etc) or jokes ("I kind of understand" scene, etc.), that's it's other option without ever actually make full confirmation. And if we are talking about her relationship with Chloe, it's more ambiguous, but it's undeniable that she is pretty "weak" agaist her sexual assaults and if they last long enough, she even starts showing sighs of desire.
Chloe - her feelings then simply mirror those of Illya's, just in more emotional or desiring way in reflect of her own personality. And not counting need for mana transfer, one can't deny that she finds enjoyment in intimacy with both girls. Just say with what you (dis)agree, or what you need to be referenced and we can redone thing. --Otakuman007 (talk) December 25, 2019 (UTC)
It's because talks like that is why the relationship page was cut off. The issues is (I beleive at least) that they are "hints", not answers (like how they downight said it on Ilya's feelings for Shiro, Beatrice with Julian, etc.; relating to EGG's "X Happened, Y reacted"). As a result, it led us to interpreting those hints how we saw it (differently from both of us apparently). We both saw those "scenes" and "actions" and interpeted how we saw it. Like, despite what you said (I get what you're saying and it make sense), I see those kinda differently (Like in the Miyu kiss with Illya scene, I saw that as more where Miyu, considering her "mindset", is willing to go that far for the sake of friendship which leads to the comedic skit and fanservice to invite many to believe Miyu is crushing on Illya) and I feel the relationship is way more complicated that it can be interpreted in many ways (like in 2wei Chapter 17, and especially after the Drei/3rei chapter 41 and 42). In a certain way, we're kinda like Mimi Katsura in Prisma Illya anime/manga (2wei chapter 17). As a result, I feel I had to agree with EGG on how this kind of conversation should be put somewhere else. The fact, we're kinda still arguing over it further proves it...Hence why I'm doing as much citations as I can and as EGG said, "X happened, Y reacted" to make sure what I say is more fact and not open for interpretation or arguement. WhalBP (talk) 20:56, December 26, 2019 (UTC)
- You thinking about whole thing to much "Nanoha's way", which leads you to see "hints" and seek answers. The joke is, that Prisma is not your typical "Are they or not?", but rather "they ARE, but what way?". The counter joke is, while Prisma's approach sounds more definite, is actually not. And offers same scale of interpretations, just from reverse side. So instead of "hints" you see "acts" and instead of answers, you seek reasons. That's essentially approach I suggest to do there. Otakuman007 (talk) December 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I don't know this "Nanoha way" (since I didn't watch the anime) so I don't know what to say about that. The only thing I can say is: The fact there is room for interpreation is the issue. Your "acts" and "reasons" make you immediately believe they are "facts" when I see them as "eyecandy", "interpretations" for the sake of fanservice, and sometimes comedy for the story. That merchandise picture you posted is one example of that: the story is aware of the "service" it's bringing and is feeding that desires (making us buy it). I understand when seeing various parts, it makes me feel it should be "that way", but other parts make it feel it's not really the case. Like your romantic feeling statement would contradict a very emotional, powerful, and important chapters that exploits and establishes a lot on their relationship (Drei Ch. 40 and 41) which literally stated how their bond is like "sisters" (or/and "friends") not "romantic interests" (I was originally going to citate that in the relationship page). Another example is the end credits of the Movie where when Miyu met Ilya for the first time; while it felt like destiny, it didn't feel like the kind where Miyu would have a "crush on Illya" (like actual romantic stories). The way I see it, IIlya is what Miyu needed the most because of her past and because of that, Miyu is willing to go so far for it (whehter it's risking her life, or even "crossing the line" as the story have comedically played it). However, if we're going to continue to argue over this, it's all the more reason we shouldn't do relationship on the pages. In fact, it doesn't feel right discussing this issue under this talk page when we should be doing it on something like reddit or a forum. Or at least, I feel we should put this under a new Discussion under a new Talk title as this originally was suppose to be about citations. WhalBP (talk) 05:10, December 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Ok, you just proved that you are totally missing point of everything that I was saying until now. >_<
- You still totally thinking typical "are they or not?" way. Please don't do it. Stop thinking that way. First, I again say Prisma doesn't work that way, second your attempt to apply it's rules on me leads just to your total misunderstanding of my words, and third, overall that way of thinking leeds just to shipping quarrel (which we both want to avoid), or "possibly maybe perhaps" excuses (which I want to avoid). So stop now. I try to explain my POV to you once again, probably simplest way so I hope that you FINALLY understand. And we can finally move discusion to some result.
- Since you are mostly triggered by sentence: "Miyu has obvious crush on Illya", let's focus on that. Despite what your "are they or not?" POV may be telling you, I'm not saying that "Miyu is in romantic love with Illya." I never did that, and I even pointed it out few times. Of course, while there is possible such interpretation of that sentence. True meaning of word "crush" here is "attraction" or "infatuation". Those emotions can be any of kind, but are mostly short-lived and eventually evolve in something else. Depending on the relationship. For comparison, we can say that both Illya and Miyu has crushes on their individual Shirous, but each of those crushes is very different. Illya desires mostly romantic love with her Shirou, while wants be pampered by her brother. It's very different, yet very similar in certain sense. This same, in different sense apply to Miyu's view of Illya. Is indisputable that there is some attraction in this relationship. Some details may be open to some interpretation, but it's not state where you should guess typical "are they or not?" as in Nanoha or any other series containing "questionable girl relationship". So instead of looking for excuses, I suggest calling things directly, but play with context, just as series itself it does. I hope that I'm finally clear. If not, say it, and please don't repeat "are they or not?" mindset, or we move to nowhere. >_< --Otakuman007 (talk) December 27, 2019 (UTC)
Hi EGGS, a user asked me about the reference coding and I'm also curious on how did you managed to get this code working on a fandom website. To tell a code to look up a page and use it as a reference. Nikonu (talk) 12:25, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
<section begin="Name"/> <section end="Name"/>
- I think it might have been code that only Fandom staff could import. It's been like six years, but I'll try to see if I can figure it out. EGGS (talk) 14:07, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I am the user he is refering to, so you are free to put it on my Talk Page or something if you find anything. If you can't its no big deal.
- But thank you for trying to find something anyway, even if you can't find anything, you still tried.
- Zouken (talk) 05:24, December 26, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I made a change to the Caeneus/Caenis page yesterday, and I was wondering why you changed it back.
In text, this character is referred to with both pronouns, so referring to them with "she/her" in the article doesn't make sense because only Ophelia uses those. Gender neutral pronouns in the vein of d'Eon and Enkidu would make more sense.
2601:646:CA00:DA30:DC65:28B3:44D6:6A5D 08:58, December 27, 2019 (UTC)
I am responding to your past message: I thought the fact that they were all different images and gifs that it would be okay.
I'm sorry I forgot to sign the message so I hope I can fix it now
Greetings, I'm an admin for the Gate Wiki, wonder is there any chance we can affiliate with each other? Looking forward to your response. Thanks in advance. Sztama927 (talk) 23:54, January 5, 2020 (UTC)
Why did you revert my change in "Michael Roa Valdamjong"? Edit
I added to the trivia that the nickname "Roa" might be from the Hebrew word for evil, spelled roa. Since he uses Numerology, it's not a far stretch.
- Trivia sections are cancerous. With few exceptions, everything should be sourced to primary works. EGGS (talk) 15:37, January 12, 2020 (UTC)