Hi, welcome to TYPE-MOON Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Assassin page.
Seeing as you are also a frequent contributor to the Grand Order article, I thought I'd probably be an idea to let you know about a few changes to it I've been planning for the page.
What I had in mind were parts to cover certain bits of the story which fall within the Grand Order but outside of the main chapters. There were two main additions I had in mind:
- The first was the implementation of an 'Events and Interludes' sub-section for the main Singularity to cover the events and interludes which happen within them outside of the main chapter (after the 'History' or 'Participants' sub-sections). I was thinking that a table under this sub-section would be the best form to contain the contents in.
- The second was to make a larger section ('Other'?) to cover stuff which falls under the Grand Order but doesn't occur in Singularities or Lostbelts (e.g. distortions which would become Singularities if left unchecked, distortions in other timelines, dream shifts etc) - stuff like Garden of Order, Inheritance of Glory, the Château d'If and others.
In order to assist with the work, I was considering compiling a list of the various events, interludes, and whatnot, together with their nature (Singularity, Singularity candidate, Lostbelts, alternative timeline, dream, other world etc). However I've got a lot on my plate at the moment so I probably won't be able to compile one just yet (though feeling it might be best to get it done sooner rather than later, I was considering looking for help somewhere).
Anyway, I thought it would be best to let you know, in case it would have disrupted any of your own plans (or fit in with them).
- Just so you know, I didn't do certain Events as I hadn't confirmed yet whether or not they were in proper Singularities (and not just from rough references, i.e. they might have been called a Singularity at some point but they weren't actually a proper Singularity). If it isn't too much trouble, when you add events, please verify their nature and reference it. Inept Wiki User (talk) 09:40, June 19, 2018 (UTC)
Splitting Grand OrdersEdit
Seeing as the page is absolutely massive and will only continue to grow, I think it might be time to split out all the primary Singularities and Lostbelts. I was thinking leaving a brief summary and character list for each. Thoughts? EGGS (talk) 21:27, December 4, 2019 (UTC)
Leave a summary of how the events of each came to be and a list of their participants on the page while moving the history of each to a different page, right? I just don't want all of my typing to have gone to waste, and certainly don't want to edit everybody's pages just to detail what happened. Also what about events I included on the page? Should they be split too?Incub7 23:09, December 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Basically copy and paste each section as-is into their own articles, and then in "Grand Order" still leave a one paragraph summary and character list so they can be referenced from the main article. If a side event is particularly large, it can get its own page, but anything small can remain there. EGGS (talk) 21:22, December 5, 2019 (UTC)
When you come round to splitting the Lostbelts off, Incub7, please use the following - Russian Lostbelt, Scandinavian Lostbelt or Norse Lostbelt, Chinese Lostbelt, Indian Lostbelt, Atlantic Lostbelt, [[English Lostbelt]], [[South American Lostbelt]]. 188.8.131.52 11:34, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
- I'd prefer to use the official names out-of-universe names rather than in-universe designations. Nobody is going to actually call America the "E Pluribus Unum Singularity" in a general conversation, but E Pluribus Unum is still the name the article should be under. If the subtitles weren't so long in English, it'd realistically be better to do the full thing like the Japanese, but going from ten characters in Japanese to like fifty in English doesn't really make for a good page title. EGGS (talk) 17:21, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Just so it is known, I have carried out multiple searches in Japanese, and I have located instances on official media where the in-universe designation are used to refer to the Lostbelt and have found instances with the chapter title being used to refer to the Lostbelt (usually the whole chapter title at once), as well as usage of the numerical designation (i.e. Lostbelt No.1, Lostbelt No.2 etc). There are absolutely no instances where they have been referred to in the form of the short chapter title ahead of '_Lostbelt' (i.e. no official usages of 'Anastasia Lostbelt', 'Gotterdamerung Lostbelt', 'SIN Lostbelt' etc have been found). The only possibility for those which remains is one which is rather dubious. 184.108.40.206 18:25, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, that's a liberty we need to take due to the above mentioned issue with page name length. The page name should be "Subtitle: Area name" or "Area name: Subtitle" depending on how we want to stylistically render it, but that just doesn't work in English. So without the subtitle, we're left with the area name only, but that doesn't independently work due to stuff like London, Anastasia, Fuyuki, etc being general terms as well. So the options are "X Singularity/Lostbelt" or "X (Singularity/Lostbelt)." Rather than have the Singularities and the Lostbelts have different sets of names, it's more sensible to have the page name match the official designation. If you have anything else to comment on, please go to Talk:Grand Order#Page names where I'll copy this discussion so as to not keep giving Incub7 message notifications. EGGS (talk) 20:07, December 23, 2019 (UTC)